Subject: [Mip4] Call for papers: EmNets 2006

From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:49:37 -0500 (EST)

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.

			       Call for Papers

                Third Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors
	                        (EmNets 2006)
                    
		    http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/emnets/

                               May 30-31, 2006
                             Harvard University
                             Cambridge, MA USA
 
The Third Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors (EmNets 2006) will
focus on groundbreaking research in wireless sensor systems with an
emphasis on three topic areas: (1) Emerging research directions for
sensor networks; (2) Application experiences; and (3) Early results
from new research efforts. In keeping with the focused workshop
format, EmNets encourages submissions that present exciting new work,
challenge conventional ideas, propose new research directions,
evaluate real-world applications and deployments, and generate
controversy. We especially welcome papers reporting on highly original
or risky research, position papers, and reports on application
experiences and deployments, which may not otherwise be published as
full conference papers. 

We specifically discourage submissions that are short versions of
papers that will be submitted to other conferences in the near future,
since our goal is to engage the research community in a discussion of
future challenges and issues for sensor networks.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* New application domains for sensor networks
* Sensor network architecture and protocols 
* Applications, testbeds, and real-world deployment experiences 
* Distributed algorithms and computation
* Operating systems and network programming paradigms
* Management, debugging, troubleshooting, and measurement tools
* Data storage issues
* Transport and dissemination
* Distributed actuation and control
* Fault tolerance and reliability
* Security, vulnerabilities, and defenses
* Architectural insight, analysis and fundamental limits

Submissions: 

Please submit position papers or short papers describing early
research results. Submitted papers should be no longer than five
two-column pages, including all figures and references, using 10-point
fonts, standard spacing, and 1-inch margins. For detailed submission
information see the workshop website. 

Important Dates: 

Submissions due: Feb 27, 2006
Notification of acceptance: April 27, 2006
Camera-ready copy due: May 15, 2006

---
Matt Welsh and Andrew Campbell
Program Co-Chairs, EmNets 2006

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/