Subject: [Mip4] RFC 4433 on Mobile IPv4 Dynamic Home Agent (HA) Assignment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:10:28 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4433

        Title:      Mobile IPv4 Dynamic Home Agent 
                    (HA) Assignment 
        Author:     M. Kulkarni,  A. Patel, 
                    K. Leung
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 55636
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-dynamic-assignment-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4433.txt

Mobile IPv4 (RFC 3344) uses the home agent (HA) to anchor sessions of a
roaming mobile node (MN).  This document proposes a messaging mechanism
for dynamic home agent assignment and HA redirection.  The goal is to
provide a mechanism to assign an optimal HA for a Mobile IP session
while allowing any suitable method for HA selection.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/