Subject: [Mip4] MobiSys 2006 - Final call for posters and demos

From: "Alec Wolman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:00:41 -0800

MobiSys 2006 Call for Poster and Demo Proposals
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2006/posterdemo.html

IMPORTANT DATES

Poster and demo proposals due: March 27, 2006
Notification of acceptance: April 21, 2006

POSTERS

MobiSys seeks proposals for posters describing novel work on mobile
systems, applications and services.  Posters will be presented during a
specially designated session of the conference.  The poster session is
meant to introduce new or ongoing work and provide opportunities for
authors to interact directly with conference attendees. Posters are
specially suited for presenting controversial research directions that
may generate discussion, or promising ideas not yet validated through
extensive evaluation.

Poster submissions must include an extended abstract no longer than two
8.5x11-inch pages, including all figures and references. This abstract
should be formatted in two columns, single-spaced, with a font no
smaller
than 10-point. Optionally, submissions may also include an electronic
copy of the poster. Please note that easels will be provided at the
conference for 3x4 feet posters (approximately 0.75x1.0 meters), and the
posters should be sized appropriately. Submissions must be in Adobe PDF.

Posters must be submitted electronically, by sending both the poster and
the extended abstract as separate attachments in a single email message
to the Poster Chair at <[email-masked]>.  The subject line
should read "MOBISYS POSTER SUBMISSION" (in upper-case letters). The
body of the email should include, in pure text, the title of the poster
and the author list, including affiliations.

The extended abstracts of accepted posters will be posted on the
conference website, but will not appear in the conference proceedings.

Poster Chair:
Ramon Caceres, IBM Research, USA
<[email-masked]>

DEMONSTRATIONS

MobiSys seeks proposals for live demonstrations of mobile computing
technologies. Live demos provide an opportunity to give a flavor of
real-life applications made possible by your system. Particularly
encouraged are the demonstrations that include participation by
conference attendees.

Research prototypes as well as commercial products are welcome. However,
MobiSys is not an appropriate forum for marketing or sales
pg; Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:00:55 -0500
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:00:41 -0800
From: "Alec Wolman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Mip4] MobiSys 2006 - Final call for posters and demos 

MobiSys 2006 Call for Poster and Demo Proposals
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2006/posterdemo.html

IMPORTANT DATES

Poster and demo proposals due: March 27, 2006
Notification of acceptance: April 21, 2006

POSTERS

MobiSys seeks proposals for posters describing novel work on mobile
systems, applications and services.  Posters will be presented during a
specially designated session of the conference.  The poster session is
meant to introduce new or ongoing work and provide opportunities for
authors to interact directly with conference attendees. Posters are
specially suited for presenting controversial research directions that
may generate discussion, or promising ideas not yet validated through
extensive evaluation.

Poster submissions must include an extended abstract no longer than two
8.5x11-inch pages, including all figures and references. This abstract
should be formatted in two columns, single-spaced, with a font no
smaller
than 10-point. Optionally, submissions may also include an electronic
copy of the poster. Please note that easels will be provided at the
conference for 3x4 feet posters (approximately 0.75x1.0 meters), and the
posters should be sized appropriately. Submissions must be in Adobe PDF.

Posters must be submitted electronically, by sending both the poster and
the extended abstract as separate attachments in a single email message
to the Poster Chair at <[email-masked]>.  The subject line
should read "MOBISYS POSTER SUBMISSION" (in upper-case letters). The
body of the email should include, in pure text, the title of the poster
and the author list, including affiliations.

The extended abstracts of accepted posters will be posted on the
conference website, but will not appear in the conference proceedings.

Poster Chair:
Ramon Caceres, IBM Research, USA
<[email-masked]>

DEMONSTRATIONS

MobiSys seeks proposals for live demonstrations of mobile computing
technologies. Live demos provide an opportunity to give a flavor of
real-life applications made possible by your system. Particularly
encouraged are the demonstrations that include participation by
conference attendees.

Research prototypes as well as commercial products are welcome. However,
MobiSys is not an appropriate forum for marketing or sales
presentations. The presenter is expected to understand the system being
demonstrated and explain the technical contributions of the system to
the audience. Demonstrations of previously published systems are also
welcome. The Demo Co-Chairs will select demonstrations based on the
expected interest from the MobiSys audience.

A demo submission requires only an extended abstract no longer than two
8.5x11-inch pages, including all figures and references, describing the
demonstration as well as any special requirements (other than a demo
booth/table). The extended abstract should be formatted in 8.5x11-inch
pages, two columns, single-spaced, with a font no smaller than 10-point.
Submissions must be in Adobe PDF.

Demo proposals must be submitted electronically, by sending the extended
abstract as an attachment in an email message to the Demo Co-Chairs at
<[email-masked]>.  The subject line should read "MOBISYS DEMO
SUBMISSION" (in upper-case letters). The body of the email should
include, in pure text, the title of the demo and the author list,
including affiliations.

The extended abstracts of accepted demonstrations will be posted on the
conference website, but will not appear in the conference proceedings.

Demo Co-Chairs:
Bengt Ahlgren, Swedish Institute of Computer Science, Sweden
Ian Chakeres, Boeing Phantom Works, USA
<[email-masked]>

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

resentations. The presenter is expected to understand the system being
demonstrated and explain the technical contributions of the system to
the audience. Demonstrations of previously published systems are also
welcome. The Demo Co-Chairs will select demonstrations based on the
expected interest from the MobiSys audience.

A demo submission requires only an extended abstract no longer than two
8.5x11-inch pages, including all figures and references, describing the
demonstration as well as any special requirements (other than a demo
booth/table). The extended abstract should be formatted in 8.5x11-inch
pages, two columns, single-spaced, with a font no smaller than 10-point.
Submissions must be in Adobe PDF.

Demo proposals must be submitted electronically, by sending the extended
abstract as an attachment in an email message to the Demo Co-Chairs at
<[email-masked]>.  The subject line should read "MOBISYS DEMO
SUBMISSION" (in upper-case letters). The body of the email should
include, in pure text, the title of the demo and the author list,
including affiliations.

The extended abstracts of accepted demonstrations will be posted on the
conference website, but will not appear in the conference proceedings.

Demo Co-Chairs:
Bengt Ahlgren, Swedish Institute of Computer Science, Sweden
Ian Chakeres, Boeing Phantom Works, USA
<[email-masked]>

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/