Subject: [Mip4] Multi-Interface Routing for Mobile Terminals - MIP4

From: "K. Srinivasa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:03:55 -0800

Hello WG,

We have submitted a draft on multiple interface support before IETF64. It is
in the archives.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srinivasa-mip4-mir-00.txt

Slides from IETF64
     http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/05nov/slides/mip4-6.pdf

I request the WG to read this and provide some feedback. I believe that
sufficient thought
and work that went into this work and we want this work to be used as a
basis for the
defining a solution for Multi-Interface Routing for MIP4 problem.

Some thoughts:

 -   This solution of aggregating multiple tunnels for a larger bandwidth
solves a practical problem
    and is required for deploying video application. It is important that we
standardise these extensions
    on the home
agent.

 -  We believe that the work we did is sufficiently generic and can be
adopted as a WG item. If
    there is any thing that is missing in this document, we can certainly
fix it. We want some
    feedback. We want to understand atleast one techincal issue  ? We
believe this is a solid
    work and should be adopted as a WG document.

 -  Can the MIP4 WG extend its current charter to take up this work ?
Monami6 is focussed on
   solutions for MIP6 and it is important that we solve this problem in the
MIP4 WG.

 - We also plan to open up our implementation that we did for Linux as a
reference
   implementation.

Please read this draft and provide some comments.

- Srinivasa
-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/