

impact in these areas.  Therefore, this year, we are extending the scope of
the symposium to cover all safety and security related aspects of self-*
systems.  The title of the conference has been changed to reflect this
expansion.  There will be three tracks: networking, safety and security, and
self-* properties in static and dynamic systems.

The symposium solicits contributions on all aspects of self-stabilization,
safety and security, recovery oriented systems and programing, from
theoretical
contributions, to reports of the actual experience of applying the principles
of self-stabilization to static and dynamic systems.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

Stabilization:
- self-stabilizing systems
- self-managed, self-assembling, autonomic and adaptive systems
- self-optimizing and self-protecting systems
- self-* abstractions for implementing fundamental services in static and
  dynamic distributed systems
- impossibility results and lower bounds for self-* systems
- application of stabilizing algorithms and techniques in dynamic distributed
  systems
- data and code stabilization
- algorithms for self-* error detection/correction

Safety:
- safety critical systems
- trust models and specifications
- semantics of trust, distrust, mistrust, over-trust, cheat, risk and
  reputation
- trust-related security and privacy
- reliable and dependable systems
- fault-tolerant systems, hardware redundancy, robustness, survivable
systems,
  failure recovery

Security:
- security of network protocols
- security of sensor and mobile networks protocols
- secure architectures, frameworks, policy, intrusion detection/awareness
- proactive security
- self-* properties and their relation with classical fault-tolerance and
  security
- security protocols for self-* systems

Networks and Applications:
- models of fault-tolerant communication
- stochastic, physical, and biological models to analyze self-* properties
- communication complexity
- data structures for efficient communication
- self-stabilizing hardware, software, and middleware
- algorithms for high-speed networks, sensors, wireless and robots networks
- mobile agents
- peer-to-peer networks, sensor networks, MANETs, and wireless mesh networks
- network topologies, overlays, and protocols
- protocols for secure and reliable data transport and search in wireless
mesh
  networks
- information storage and sharing in wireless mesh networks

Contributors are invited to submit a PDF file of their paper.  Submissions
should be no longer than 4800 words and should not exceed 12 pages on
letter-size paper using at least 11 point font and reasonable margins (the
page limit includes all figures, tables, and graphs).  Submissions should
include a cover page (that does not count towards the 12 page limit) that
includes paper title, authors and affiliations, contact author's e-mail
address, an abstract of the work in a few lines, and a few keywords. 
Submitted
papers may have appendices beyond the 12 page limit, but reviewers are
free to
disregard any material beyond the 12 page limit.  A paper submitted to SSS
2006
is expected to be original research not previously published; a submission
may
not be concurrently submitted or to any other conference, workshop, or
journal.

The proceedings of the conference are expected to be published in the
Springer
Verlag LNCS series.  Selected papers will appear in a special issue of a high
quality journal devoted to SSS 2006.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/