Subject: [Mip4] IEEE SECON 2006 Call for Papers (DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 6 FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION)

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:50:56 -0500

===============================================================
                                                CALL FOR PAPERS

                                                  IEEE SECON 2006

                       Third Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on
                       Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

                                      Hyatt Regency, Reston, VA, USA
                                            September 25-28, 2006

                                     Paper submissions due (via EDAS):
                       * Extended to: * April 6, 2006 (Abstract/title registration)
                       * Extended to: * April 12, 2006 (Full paper)

                                 http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/index.html
================================================================

The third annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to
exchange ideas, techniques, and applications, discuss best practices,
raise awareness, and share experiences among researchers,
practitioners, standard developers and policy makers in the field of
sensor, ad hoc, and mesh networks and systems.  IEEE SECON grew out of
IEEE INFOCOM (http://www.ieee-infocom.org) in 2004, in order to create
an event that focused on the important and exciting topics of Sensor,
Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks.

The conference will be organized to provide for collegiality and
continuity in the discussions of the various topics among participants
from the industrial, governmental and academic sectors.

Original technical papers that address the communications, networking,
applications, systems and algorithmic aspects of mesh and sensor
networks, as well as those that describe practical deployment and
implementation experiences are solicited for presentation at the
conference and publication in the conference proceedings.  Papers
presenting novel contributions in such disciplines as communications,
networking protocols and architectures, algorithms, embedded systems,
middleware and information management, and novel applications are
solicited.

PAPERS:

Full papers - describing original, previously unpublished research
work, experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and
commercial developments in sensor, ad hoc, and mesh communications and
networks - are solicited. Papers with a deep focus on a specific
discipline or stimulated by the synergistic interaction of diverse
disciplines are encouraged.  Papers describing practical application
of technology to real-world problems are similarly encouraged.  Papers
submitted should not be concurrently under review at another
conference, journal or similar venue.

Particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* New architectures and protocols to support communication,
localization, time synchronization, routing, data dissemination, and
other distributed services in heterogeneous, large-scale distributed,
mesh networks and sensor networks
 
* Novel algorithms and theories for management, supervisory control,
and monitoring of distributed ad hoc networks, and techniques for the
interpretation and use of sensor data in decision-making processes

* Modeling and performance evaluation of large-scale distributed ad
hoc and sensor networks, practical implementations and deployments,
and real-world experiences

* Theories and models on fundamental information and communication
aspects of wireless mesh and sensor networks

* Mechanisms for authenticated, secure communication and data
dissemination in sensor and mesh networks

* Algorithms and protocols to support quality of service in mesh and
sensor networks, including admission control, resource allocation and
fairness, and capacity planning

* Integration of sensors into engineered systems, including novel
techniques for on-sensor renewable power sources, mechanisms for
on-sensor self-calibration and self-testing, and efficient schemes to
maximize accuracy and minimize false alarms

* Hardware platforms incorporating multiple sensors, computation,
actuation, and wireless interfaces

* Software platforms, middleware, and tools for mesh and sensor
network applications development, deployment, and management

PANELS:

Proposals for panels on current topics in the field of
ad hoc and sensor networking and applications are solicited. Panels
related to the commercial application and development of sensors and
mesh networks are especially encouraged.

POSTERS, DEMOS AND EXPO: 

    IEEE SECON 2006 will include poster/demonstration sessions that
    shall provide a forum to present and discuss: works in progress,
    industry demonstrations of new applications and techniques,
    practical implementations, industrial and commercial developments,
    research testbeds and demonstrations, recent
    research/implementation results, upcoming research challenges,
    future directions, and novel approaches in the fields of sensor,
    mesh and ad hoc communications and networks.  One of the key goals
    of this conference is to foster collaboration between industry and
    academia. Hence, participation of researchers/developers from
    industry and posters/demostrations reporting joint work between
    industry and academia are especially encouraged.

    Submissions should be in the form of a proposal describing the
    main contributions of the poster/demo and the merits of the
    proposed ideas. If available, preliminary results can also be
    included.  Proposals will be evaluated mainly based on their
    potential to stimulate interesting discussions, exchange of ideas
    and promote collaborations.

    Submissions should not be more than three pages (preferably IEEE
    conference format, 2-column) in length. Demonstration submissions
    should include the space requirements and/or any other
    equipment-specific requirements. The documents must contain the
    authors' names, affiliations, and contact information and the
    designated corresponding author.

    Accepted authors of posters/demos will have a space in the
    poster/demo session room to display their posters or exhibit their
    demos and describe their work in discussions with interested
    attendees.

                          SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:

All paper submissions will be handled electronically through the EDAS
system. Details regarding the paper format and the submission process
can be found at http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/index.html.

Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and
will appear on IEEE Xplore. IEEE Communications Society policy states
that all accepted SECON 2006 papers must have at least one
registration at the regular rate.  For authors co-authoring multiple
papers, one regular registration is valid for up to three papers.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Paper registration:  April 6, 2006, by 5pm EDT 
Full Paper Submission:  April 12, 2006, by 5pm EDT
Decision Notification:  June 15, 2006, by 5pm EDT
Camera-ready paper due:  July 7, 2006, by 5pm EDT

Panel proposals due:  May 1, 2006, by 5pm EDT           
Demo proposals due:  June 1, 2006, by 5pm EDT 
Poster proposals due:  June 30, 2006, by 5pm EDT 

                               CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITEE

GENERAL CHAIR:

Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland Baltimore County, [email-masked]

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS:

Mark Yarvis, Intel Corporation, [email-masked]
Michele Zorzi, Universita' degli Studi di Padova, [email-masked]

POSTERS/DEMOS CO-CHAIRS:

Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, [email-masked]
Cedric Westphal, Nokia, [email-masked]

PANELS CO-CHAIRS:

Ian Chakeres, Boeing, [email-masked]
Lily Yang, Intel, [email-masked]

WORKSHOPS CHAIR:

Tom Hou, Virginia Tech, [email-masked]

PUBLICITY CHAIR:

Wendi Heinzelman, University of Rochester, [email-masked]

EXHIBITS/SPONSORSHIPS CHAIR:

Vishal Anand, SUNY Brockport, [email-masked]

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CHAIR:

Mohamed Eltoweissy, Virgina Tech, [email-masked]

STANDING COMMITTEE: 
  Fred Bauer ([email-masked]), PacketHop (CHAIR)
  Harvey Freeman, Booz Allen Hamilton
  Sung-Ju Lee, HP Labs
  Prasant Mohapatra, University of California, Davis

                              TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Abouzeid, Alhussein (Hussein)  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute  
Almeroth, Kevin  University of California at Santa Barbara  
Banerjee, Sujata  HP Labs  
Banerjee, Suman  University of Wisconsin  
Basagni, Stefano  Northeastern University  
Belding-Royer, Elizabeth  University of California Santa Barbara  
Bianchi, Giuseppe  University of Rome, Tor Vergata  
Boutaba, Raouf  University of Waterloo  
Cao, Guohong  Pennsylvania State University  
Cayirci, Erdal  Istanbul Technical University  
Chandra, Surendar  University of Notre Dame  
Chevillat, Pierre  IBM  
Choi, Sunghyun  Seoul National Unversity  
Chuah, Chen-Nee  University of California, Davis  
Das, Sajal  University of Texas at Arlington  
Das, Samir  SUNY at Stony Brook  
ElBatt, Tamer  HRL Laboratories  
Ekici, Eylem  Ohio State  
Ephremides, Anthony  University of Maryland at College Park  
Garcia-Luna-Aceves, J.J.  University of California at Santa Cruz  
Giordano, Silvia  SUPSI of Lugano  
Hares, Susan  NextHop  
Havinga, Paul  University of Twente  
Helmy, Ahmed  USC  
Iyer, Sridhar  Indian Institute of Technology  
Jetcheva, Jorjeta  Firetide, Inc.  
Jha, Sanjay  University of NSW  
Joshi, Anupam  UMBC  
Kangude, Shantanu  Texas Instruments  
Kasera, Sneha  University of Utah  
Ko, Young-Bae  Ajou University  
Koodli, Rajeev  Nokia Research Center  
Krishnamachari, Bhaskar  University of Southern California  
Krishnamurthy, Lakshman  Intel Corp  
Langendoen, Koen  Delft University of Technology  
Lee, Sung-Ju  HP Labs  
Li, Li  Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies  
Martin, Richard  Rutgers University  
Mohapatra, Prasant  University of California, Davis  
Morabito, Giacomo  University of Catania, Italy  
Nandagopal, Thyaga  Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies  
Ning, Peng  North Carolina State University  
Pagani, Elena  University of Milano  
Papagiannaki, Konstantina (Dina)  Intel Research  
Petrioli, Chiara  University of Rome, la Sapienza  
Popovski, Petar  Aalborg University  
Qiu, Lili  University of Texas at Austin  
Ramasubramanian, Srini  Unviersity of Arizona  
Ramasubramanian, Venugopalan "Rama"  Microsoft Research  
Reisslein, Martin  Arizona State University  
Rhee, Sokwoo  Millennial Net  
Roemer, Kay  ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)  
Santi, Paolo  CNR  
Schurgers, Curt  University of California, San Diego  
Shorey, Rajeev  General Motors Research, Bangalore  
Singh, Harkirat  Samsung  
Singh, Suresh  Portland State University  
Srinivasan, Vikram  NU of Singapore  
Stankovic, John  University of Virginia  
Trappe, Wade  Rutgers University  
Tseng, Yu-Chee  National Chiao-Tung University  
Wang, Xudong  Kiyon, Inc  
Westphal, Cedric  Nokia Research Center  
Widmer, Joerg  DoCoMo  
Zhang, Junshan  Arizona State University  
Zhang, Qian  Hong Kong University of Science and Technology  
Zheng, Haitao (Heather)  University of CA, Santa Barbara  
Znati, Taieb  University of Pittsburgh  

==========================================================================

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/