Subject: [Mip4] new I-D on IPv6 over MIPv4

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:28:07 -0500

Hi all,

We submitted a new I-D to define a method to support IPv6 over networks with no native IPv6 support but that have network-based Mobile IPv4 deployments. 

The I-D can be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-navali-ip6-over-netmip4-00.txt

Abstract

   There is a growing demand for routable IP addresses to support large
   wireless user base today.  Wireless operators are looking for ways to
   leverage the IPv6 address space to meet the ever increasing number of
   wireless data users.  The operators who has network based IPv4
   mobility solutions can leverage the same scheme to provide mobility
   access service with larger address pool using IPv6 addressing.  This
   document defines such a mechanism.

We appreciate your review and comments.

-Kuntal

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/