Subject: [Mip4] CFP - ISWPC 2007, San Juan, Pureto Rico

From: "Boon Sain Yeo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:06:35 +0800

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing 2007
                      (ISWPC 2007)

         5-7 February 2007, San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
                 http://www.iswpc.org/2007/

                    Technically Sponsored By:
IEEE Communications Society and IEEE Vehicular Technology Society

         Hosted By: University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez

      *** Submission Deadline  --  August 20, 2006 ****

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE

Wireless pervasive computing is a rapidly growing area that has attracted 
significant attention due to its potential impact on the quality of 
lifestyles of individuals. To enable wireless pervasive computing, it is 
necessary to integrate technologies from the fields of communications, 
signal processing, distributed computing, and numerous other fields. The aim 
of this symposium is to provide a platform for researchers in the area of 
wireless pervasive computing and related areas to showcase their results, 
launch new ideas, as well as to interact with colleagues from these areas.

The scope of the symposium covers all enabling technologies of wireless 
pervasive computing. This includes a huge variety of topics ranging from 
wireless communications and networking to services and applications of 
pervasive computing. A series of panel and tutorials will also seek to 
inform and invoke interaction among researchers which are interested in this 
area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS OF INTEREST (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING)

- Ad hoc networks
- Air interfaces (e.g. CDMA, OFDM, TDMA)
- Bluetooth technologies
- Coding and modulation techniques
- Cognitive radio
- Cooperative communications technologies
- Cross-layer design
- Detection and estimation
- Diversity techniques & equalization
- Dynamic spectrum management
- Healthcare applications
- Hybrid wireless networks
- Interference avoidance
- Interoperation of WLAN and other wireless systems
- Localization and tracking techniques
- Location management techniques Middleware
- MIMO systems
- Multimedia systems
- Multirate and multicarrier communications
- Multi-user Detection
- PCS, GPRS, EDGE, 3GPP, UMTS, GSM and B3G systems
- Power control Programmable radio
- Propagation and channel characterization
- QoS Support in wireless systems
- Resource management and interference management
- RF systems Security applications
- Signal processing
- Signal separation and interference rejection
- Speech and video processing
- Switching and routing techniques
- UWB
- Wearable devices
- WiMAX
- Wireless access techniques
- Wireless multicasting
- Wireless multimedia
- Wireless network architecture
- Wireless security
- Wireless sensor networks
- Wireless systems design
- WLANs and WPANs

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Acceptance will be based on an extended abstract of about 1500 words (two 
pages in the standard IEEE conference format). The extended abstract should 
include diagrams, initial results, and details required for the reviewers to 
assess the contribution of your work. A short summary of approximately 150 
words is also required at the time of submission of the extended abstract. 
Extended abstracts must be submitted electronically by August 20, 2006 , via 
EDAS (http://edas.info). Proceedings of the conference will be available on 
IEEE Xplore after the event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PANEL SESSIONS & TUTORIALS

Proposals for Tutorial and Panel Sessions are also being solicited. 
Tutorials (half-day or full-day sessions) are intended to provide in-depth 
learning on a specific topic of interest to the participants. Panel sessions 
are 60 minutes long. They present leaders in a particular area discussing a 
topic of interest within the scope of the symposium. Proposals for Tutorials 
and Panel sessions should consist of 1000 words summary, a 150 word 
abstract, and a cover page listing the details of the author(s). For further 
details, please contact either the Tutorial Chair, Prof. Xiaoyan Hong 
([email-masked]), or Panel Chair, Prof. Wilson Rivera ([email-masked]).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES

Submission of Papers, proposals for tutorials and panel sessions:
=>  August 20, 2006
Notification of Acceptance:
=>  October 1, 2006
Submission of camera-ready versions of accepted papers:
=>  November 18, 2006

----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        http://www.iswpc.org/2007/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/