Subject: [Mip4] ACM WMuNeP'07 Workshop Call for Papers

From: Christos Bouras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:36:00 +0200

*Apologies for cross posting. Please forward to interested people*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE THIRD ACM INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON WIRELESS MULTIMEDIA NETWORKING AND
PERFORMANCE MODELING (WMUNEP'07)
22-26 October 2007, Chania, Creta Island, Greece
http://wmunep2007.cti.gr/
(To be held jointly with the 10-th ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Modeling,
Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems
http://www.cs.unibo.it/projects/mswim2007/)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     SCOPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Third ACM International Workshop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and
Performance Modeling (WMuNeP'07) will be a one-day workshop, held in
conjunction with the 10th Annual ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and
Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM΄07). The demand for wireless
multimedia communications thrives in today's consumer and corporate market. The
need to evolve multimedia applications and services, and their associated
protocols for emerging networks is at a critical point given the proliferation
and integration of wireless systems to intelligent and broadband networks,
mobility of people, data/voice convergence and the integration of computing and
communication in mobile devices.
This workshop is devoted to cover different aspects of wireless multimedia
networking and performance modeling for WLANs, WPANs, WMANs, WWANs, MANETs and
sensor networks such as wireless video and wireless streaming, systematic
design methodologies, algorithms, synchronization, analysis and performance
modeling. The workshop will provide a forum for researchers and practitioners
to present their contributions related to the above high-level aspects.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                   TOPICS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
-Wireless multimedia network management
-Wireless multimedia traffic modeling
-Middleware and reflective systems support for wireless multimedia
-Proxy-based systems for video transcoding and content distribution
-Performance modeling, monitoring and evaluation of wireless multimedia networks
and systems
-Multipoint, multicast wireless multimedia services
-Deployment of wireless multimedia applications, services and networks
-Protocols for wireless multimedia networks
-QoS and Resource Allocation in wireless multimedia networks
-Integration of wireless multimedia networks to broadband networks
-End-to-end IP multimedia wireless communications
-Coding and transmission for wireless multimedia networks
-Distributed wireless multimedia services
-Content-based wireless multimedia information retrieval tools
-Video, streaming, real-time wireless multimedia communications and applications
Security in wireless multimedia networks
-Wireless multimedia right protection and watermarking
-Pricing mechanisms for wireless multimedia networks
-E-Commerce and related applications for wireless multimedia networks
-Multimedia evaluation and processing for wireless networks
-Cross layer design for wireless multimedia networks
-Software tools for system performance and evaluation of wireless multimedia
networks
-Case studies showing the role of evaluation in the design of systems
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     SUBMISSIONS, REVIEW AND PROCEEDINGS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors are invited to submit research contributions representing original,
previously unpublished work. Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based
on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Accepted papers will appear on the workshop proceedings that will be published
by ACM press. At least one of the authors of accepted papers must attend the
conference to present his/her paper. Paper length should be no more than 10
pages, double column, ACM style including tables and figures. More information
about the submission template can be found in the workshop web site
(http://wmunep2007.cti.gr/). Only Postscript and PDF formats are accepted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                 COMMITTEES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------Program
committee of the workshop can be found in the following URL:
http://wmunep2007.cti.gr/committees.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                IMPORTANT DATES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paper Submission  June 1, 2007
Author Notification     July 5, 2007
Author Registration     TBA
Camera-ready Paper      TBA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             SPONSORS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by the Association for Computer Machinery (ACM)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             CONTACT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
For any question related to WMuNeP 2007, please contact the Program Co-Chairs
(Regina Araujo: regina at dc.ufscar.br and/or Christos Bouras: bouras at
cti.gr)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christos Bouras, Associate Professor
Department of Computer Engineering and Informatics, University of Patras
and Research Academic Computer Technology Institute
GR-26500 Rion, PATRA, GREECE
Tel:+30-2610-960375, +30-2610-996951
Mobile:+30-694-4-988434
Fax:+30-2610-969016
e-mail: [email-masked], [email-masked]
URL:ru6.cti.gr/bouras
Skype ID: christos.bouras
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/