Subject: [Mip4] CFP: ACM/SIGMOBILE HealthNet 2007 (extended deadline: April 6)

From: Gaia Maselli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:46:40 +0100

Please apologize if you receive multiple copies.

------------------------------------------------------------

        **** EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE ****

              APRIL 6, 2007 (5PM US EST)

------------------------------------------------------------

                      Call for Papers

                      HealthNet  2007

           The 1st  International Workshop on
           Systems and Networking Support for
       Healthcare and Assisted Living Environments

                Sponsored by ACM/SIGMOBILE
             In conjunction with MobiSys 2007

              http://healthnet07.cs.uiuc.edu

                      June 11, 2007
                     Puerto Rico, USA

------------------------------------------------------------

WORKSHOP SCOPE:
================

As  the  world's  population  grows  older,  healthcare  and
high-tech companies are joining forces. New technologies are
being used to provide  improved support for elderly and home
bound  people   in  their  homes  and   in  assisted  living
environments. The  overall goal  of these initiatives  is to
improve the quality of  life by providing customized support
to people  in need of  assistance. The main challenge  is to
provide this  support according  to the user's  own specific
situation in  a non-intrusive and respectful  way. These new
technologies  enable the automation  of the  observation and
support for elderly and home bound people through the use of
sensors,  actuators,  distributed  intelligence,  databases,
ubiquitous  connectivity and  friendly  adaptive interfaces,
all connected  mainly via  a variety of  wireless networking
technologies. The  ultimate goal is a system  that can adapt
to  the users needs,  helping them  get through  their daily
routine  in a  way that  is effective  in  providing support
where  needed   without  making  them   feel  humiliated  by
excessive  attention. To  provide such  support, it  will be
necessary  to combine  efforts from  many areas  of computer
science,   including    networking,   distributed   systems,
security, data management, HCI, AI and middleware.

Given the inherent use  of mobile and wireless communication
and the  need for comprehensive distributed  systems as well
as the multi-disciplinary nature of solutions for healthcare
and assisted  living environments, the goal  of HealthNet is
to provide a forum for the cross-area interactions that will
be  necessary for successful  systems and  applications. The
specific focus of HealthNet will be on understanding what it
takes to provide effective systems and communication support
for  healthcare and  assisted living  environments. Although
the  systems  and  networking  community  is  very  good  at
providing  effective  solutions  to  satisfying  application
requirements,  they  require  input  from experts  in  other
disciples, including HCI,  middleware, security, privacy and
social networking, to  provide a more accurate understanding
of      the     specific     requirements      for     these
environments.   Therefore,   HealthNet   aims   to   attract
researchers working  on cross-disciplinary projects,  with a
focus  on understanding and  supporting the  requirements of
these complex applications.

Authors are invited to submit papers presenting new research
related  to the  support of  healthcare and  assisted living
environments.   All  submissions   must   describe  original
research,  not  published  or  currently  under  review  for
another workshop, conference, or journal.

Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Enabling technologies
* Service and device discovery
* Security and privacy
* Reliability and fault tolerance
* User and device localization
* Resource management architecture
* User data management
* Middleware for heterogeneous networks
* Mobility and connectivity management
* Cross-layer system architecture design
* Human-centered Computing
* Task and behavior analysis
* Impact of user interface design on system design and
  management
* Test-beds and simulations environments

IMPORTANT DATES:
================

Paper submission deadline:              March 23, 2007
  ***** EXTENDED TO APRIL 6, 2007 (5PM US EST) ******
Notification of acceptance:                   April 27, 2007
Camera ready version due:                       May 17, 2007
Workshop date:                                 June 11, 2007

PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
===============================

All paper submissions will be handled electronically. Papers
must   be  in   PDF  format,   no  longer   than   6  pages,
double-column, with  a font size no smaller  than 10 points,
and must fit  properly on US Letter-sized paper  (8.5 inch x
11  inch) with reasonable  margins. The  first page  of each
paper  should  include the  names  and  affiliations of  the
authors, i.e.,  the submissions should not  be anonymous and
reviewing  is single-blind.  Submissions  will be  judged on
based on technical content and correctness, relevance to the
workshop, as well as presentation of the research.  Extended
versions of selected workshop  papers will be considered for
fast track publication in a special issue of ACM Monet.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
====================

WORKSHOP Co-Chairs:
  * Robin Kravets, University of Illinois, USA
  * Chiara Petrioli, Rome University "La Sapienza," Italy

PUBLICITY Co-Chairs:
  * Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, USA
  * Gaia Maselli, Rome University "La Sapienza," Italy

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
  * Amy Murphy, IRST-ITC
  * Archan Misra, IBM
  * Gene Tsudik, ISI
  * Hans Gellersen, Lancaster University
  * Henry Kautz, University of Rochester
  * Jack Stankovic, University of Virginia
  * Jean-Pierre Ebert, IHP Microelectronics
  * Karrie Karahalios, University of Illinois
  * Kay Connelly, Indiana University
  * Maria Ebling, IBM
  * Martha Pollack, University of Michigan
  * Nigel Davies, Lancaster University
  * Sunny Consolvo, Intel
  * Taieb Znati, University of Pittsburgh
  * Tarek Abdelzaher, University of Illinois
  * Wendi Heinzelman, University of Rochester
  * Yih-Chun Hu, University of Illinois

Please email  questions related  to paper submission  or the
technical program to: [email-masked].

Organized by UIUC and Rome University "La Sapienza".

--
Gaia Maselli, PhD
HealthNet 2007 Publicity Chair

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/