Subject: [Mip4] ACM WMuNeP'07 Workshop Call for Papers

From: "Apostolos Gkamas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:50:13 +0300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if you have received multiple message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

3rd ACM* WMUNEP'07
THE THIRD ACM( INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON
WIRELESS MULTIMEDIA NETWORKING AND PERFORMANCE MODELING

22-26 October 2007
Chania, Creta Island, Greece _
http://wmunep2007.cti.gr/_
To be held jointly with 10th ACM/IEEE MSWiM 2007
the 10-th ACM/IEEE International Symposium on
Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems
_ http://www.cs.unibo.it/projects/mswim2007/_)

*Pending. Sponsored by Association for Computer Machinery (ACM)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------
Paper Submission deadline: June 1, 2007

___________________________________
SCOPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Third ACM International Workshop on Wireless Multimedia Networking 
and Performance Modeling (WMuNeP'07) will be a one-day workshop, held in 
conjunction with the 10th Annual ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and 
Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM´07). The demand for 
wireless multimedia communications thrives in today's consumer and 
corporate market. The need to evolve multimedia applications and 
services, and their associated protocols for emerging networks is at a 
critical point given the proliferation and integration of wireless 
systems to intelligent and broadband networks, mobility of people, 
data/voice convergence and the integration of computing and 
communication in mobile devices.

This workshop is devoted to cover different aspects of wireless 
multimedia networking and performance modeling for WLANs, WPANs, WMANs, 
WWANs, MANETs and sensor networks such as wireless video and wireless 
streaming, systematic design methodologies, algorithms, synchronization, 
analysis and performance modeling. The workshop will provide a forum for 
researchers and practitioners to present their contributions related to 
the above high-level aspects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

-Wireless multimedia network management
-Wireless multimedia traffic modeling
-Middleware and reflective systems support for wireless multimedia
-Proxy-based systems for video transcoding and content distribution
-Performance modeling, monitoring and evaluation of wireless multimedia 
networks and systems
-Multipoint, multicast wireless multimedia services
-Deployment of wireless multimedia applications, services and networks 
-Protocols for wireless multimedia networks
-QoS and Resource Allocation in wireless multimedia networks
-Integration of wireless multimedia networks to broadband networks
-End-to-end IP multimedia wireless communications
-Coding and transmission for wireless multimedia networks
-Distributed wireless multimedia services
-Content-based wireless multimedia information retrieval tools
-Video, streaming, real-time wireless multimedia communications and 
applications Security in wireless multimedia networks
-Wireless multimedia right protection and watermarking
-Pricing mechanisms for wireless multimedia networks
-E-Commerce and related applications for wireless multimedia networks
-Multimedia evaluation and processing for wireless networks
-Cross layer design for wireless multimedia networks
-Software tools for system performance and evaluation of wireless 
multimedia networks
-Case studies showing the role of evaluation in the design of systems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBMISSIONS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors are invited to submit research contributions representing 
original, previously unpublished work. Submitted papers will be 
carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical 
soundness, and clarity of exposition. Accepted papers will appear on the 
workshop proceedings that will be published by ACM press. At least one 
of the authors of accepted papers must attend the conference to present 
his/her paper. Paper length should be no more than 10 pages, double 
column, ACM style including tables and figures. More information about 
the submission template can be found in the workshop web site 
(_http://wmunep2007.cti.gr/_). Only Postscript and PDF formats are accepted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORGANIZING COMMITTEES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Program committee of the workshop can be found in the following URL:
_http://wmunep2007.cti.gr/committees.php_

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paper Submission June 1, 2007
Author Notification July 5, 2007
Author Registration TBA
Camera-ready Paper TBA

For any question related to WMuNeP 2007, please contact the Program 
Co-Chairs Prof. Regina Araujo: regina at dc.ufscar.br
and/or Prof. Christos Bouras: bouras at cti.gr)

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/