Subject: [Mip4] MN-HA Authentication Extension question

From: Bruno Mongazon-Cazavet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:40:12 +0200

According to RFC 3344, a MN-HA Authentication Extension is mandatory in 
Registration Requests issued by MN's.
In case:
-the MN relies on AAA infrastructure to bootstrap (Radius or Diameter),
-the MN uses dynamic home agent selection,
-no MSA is yet available at MN

Then:
-how should the extension be computed by the MN for inclusion in the 
Registration Request? Using the MN-AAA key?
-is this extension then really checked by the receiving HA (and how in 
this case)? Or does the HA assumes the MN has been granted by the AAA 
infrastructure and just bypasses the extension checking?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Bruno.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/