Subject: [Mip4] Questions on draft-leung-mip4-proxy-mode-03.txt

From: "Tjandra Paula-CPT015" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:40:34 -0400

Hi,

I have a couple of questions on this draft.

First question is on how DHCP Proxy (in the MAG) populates the DHCP
Offer. The draft only indicates that the IPv4 address set to the
received HoA (from the Proxy MIP RRP). 
draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-04.txt describes mechanism to provide the host
configuration. Should this internet draft be referenced for the purpose
of obtaining host configuration?

Second question, on section 9.3: the draft seems to imply that the MN's
default gateway is set the LMA (the Home Agent). 
The LMA/Home Agent might not be in the same subnet as the HoA. Will this
cause a problem with the IP stack which requires the default gateway to
be in the same subnet as the HoA

Regards,
Paula Tjandra. 

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: "Kent Leung \(kleung\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:49:57 -0700

Hi Paula.  Comments below. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Tjandra Paula-CPT015 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:41 PM
To: Kent Leung (kleung); Gopal Dommety (gdommety); Parviz Yegani
(pyegani); [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Questions on draft-leung-mip4-proxy-mode-03.txt

Hi,

KL> Yes, we will reference this draft in the next version.

KL> We will need to clarify that the MN's default gateway is set to the
LMA/HA's IP address on the subnet associated with the HoA.  This is one
of the information that comes from Config Option Exchange Ext.

Thx.

Kent

Regards,
Paula Tjandra.

---

From: "Tjandra Paula-CPT015" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:45:57 -0400

Thanks for the response Kent.  

Few more comments:
Section 5:
It should be clarified that "Proxy Mobile IPv4 Mode Extension" and
"PMIPv4 Per-Node Authentication Method Extension" are mandatory only
when per-node Security Association is used.

General:
Assuming you added a reference to draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-04.txt to
provide the host configuration information, I think there should also be
a section to cover compatibility with Home Agent that does not support
draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-04.txt.
E.g. 
If the home network prefix mask is not provided in Config Option
Exchange Ext., what should be the prefix mask return in the DHCP
response? If default gateway information is not provided in Config
Option Exchange Ext., should the MAG assume that the first address in
the range of IP address associated with the HoA (HoA's subnet or assumed
HoA's subnet) is the IP address of the default gateway?
I am not sure if accuracy if important if all packets will be sent back
to LMA anyway. But, I think we need consistency in the implementation to
handle this case.

Thanks, Paula.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Leung (kleung) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 10:50 AM
To: Tjandra Paula-CPT015; Gopal Dommety (gdommety); Parviz Yegani
(pyegani); [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Questions on draft-leung-mip4-proxy-mode-03.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: Tjandra Paula-CPT015 [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:41 PM
To: Kent Leung (kleung); Gopal Dommety (gdommety); Parviz Yegani

Hi,

Thx.

Kent

Regards,
Paula Tjandra.

---

From: "Kent Leung \(kleung\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:08:13 -0700

Comments below. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Tjandra Paula-CPT015 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 9:46 AM
To: Kent Leung (kleung); Gopal Dommety (gdommety); Parviz Yegani

Few more comments:
Section 5:

KL> Yes, this is clarified in the next version.

General:

KL> I know that there are implementations that support RFC 4332.  The
right method is requiring the MAG/PMA and HA to support
draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext.

E.g. 

KL> See above.

Kent

Thanks, Paula.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tjandra Paula-CPT015 [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:41 PM
To: Kent Leung (kleung); Gopal Dommety (gdommety); Parviz Yegani

Hi,

Thx.

Kent

Regards,
Paula Tjandra.

---

From: "Kent Leung \(kleung\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:35:04 -0700

I should clarify that Config Option Exchange Ext is not necessary when
the Home Agent address and the Home Address are on the same subnet.  In
this case, the default gateway is the Home Agent address.

Kent 

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Leung (kleung) 
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:08 PM
To: Tjandra Paula-CPT015; Gopal Dommety (gdommety); Parviz Yegani
(pyegani); [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip4] RE: Questions on draft-leung-mip4-proxy-mode-03.txt

Comments below. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Tjandra Paula-CPT015 [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 9:46 AM
To: Kent Leung (kleung); Gopal Dommety (gdommety); Parviz Yegani

Few more comments:
Section 5:

General:

E.g. 

KL> See above.

Kent

Thanks, Paula.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tjandra Paula-CPT015 [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:41 PM
To: Kent Leung (kleung); Gopal Dommety (gdommety); Parviz Yegani

Hi,

Thx.

Kent

Regards,
Paula Tjandra.

---

From: "John.zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:13:22 +0800

Hi,kent

	I think the home agent address is the address of the interface face
to MN or FA. But the Home address of MN is inverse, it face to internet. So
when can they be the same except the HA only have one interface?
	Meanwhile,it seems that the p2p link mode and shared link mode are
all can be used here,right?But to p2p link mode,the default gateway seems
should be the MAG. It is right at least logically.So what is the role of the
Home agent in p2p link mode if we use it as the default gateway?
	My two cents.
	Best Rgds,
Thanks,
John.zhao
> -----邮件原件-----
> 发件人: Kent Leung (kleung) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 主题: RE: [Mip4] RE: Questions on draft-leung-mip4-proxy-mode-03.txt
>