Subject: [Mip4] Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-makela-mip4-nemo-haaro-00.txt

From: Antti Mäkelä <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:48:44 +0300

Hello,

  On Friday I submitted the little draft by myself and Jouni Korhonen to
address (at least partially) Mobile IPv4 route optimization issue. This is
not a generic solution that works for all cases (although it's extendable to
become one). Basically it allows route optimization to happen between mobile
routers that are attached to same (logical, accounting for redundancies) HA.
It also attempts to take into account at least some NAT issues, allowing for
route optimization between NATted and non-natted mobile router.

  Anyway, the basic reasoning for coming up with a scheme like this stems
from the needs of our customers as a network operator. More technical
details of the basic environment are in the introduction chapter.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-makela-mip4-nemo-haaro-00.txt

  Comments are welcome.

-- 
- Antti Mäkelä | Senior Network Architect | +358 2040 21613 -
- Integrated Enterprise Services / TeliaSonera Corporation -

----- Original Message ----- 
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:15:01
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-makela-mip4-nemo-haaro-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

 Title  : Home Agent assisted Route Optimization between Mobile IPv4
Networks
 Author(s) : A. Makela, J. Korhonen
 Filename : draft-makela-mip4-nemo-haaro-00.txt
 Pages  : 27
 Date  : 2007-9-14

   This document describes a Home Agent assisted route optimization
   extension to IPv4 Network Mobility Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-makela-mip4-nemo-haaro-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-makela-mip4-nemo-haaro-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
 "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-makela-mip4-nemo-haaro-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-makela-mip4-nemo-haaro-00.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/