Subject: [Mip4] WGLC for draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-02.txt

From: "McCann Peter-A001034" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:20:51 -0400

This message announces a 2-week working group last call on:

"Network Mobility (NEMO) Extensions for Mobile IPv4"
draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-02.txt

The last call will end at 24:00 UTC on Wednesday, October 3rd 2007.

This document describes a protocol for supporting Mobile Networks
between a Mobile Router and a Home Agent by extending the Mobile IPv4
protocol.  A Mobile Router is responsible for the mobility of one or
more network segments or subnets moving together.  The Mobile Router
hides its mobility from the nodes on the mobile network.  The nodes
on the Mobile Network may be fixed in relationship to the Mobile
Router and may not have any mobility function.

Extensions to Mobile IPv4 are introduced to support Mobile Networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-02.txt

Please respond to this working group last call:

* If you have no comments on the draft, and support its advancement,
  simply respond with a line containing something like

    "I support the advancement of this document to the IESG with a
     request for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC."

   If you have comments, please use a line similar to the one above,
   and supplement this with your comments.

* If you *don't* support its advancement, respond with a line
  containing something like the following, supplemented by your
  comments -

    "I don't support the advancement of this document to the IESG with
     a request for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC, for the
     following reasons:"
    ...

Please direct all replies to the Mobile IPv4 mailing list,
[email-masked].

-Pete & Henrik

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Christophe Janneteau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:13:28 +0200

Hi All,

Responding to this WGLC:

I support the advancement of draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-02.txt to the
IESG with a request for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC.

I have only one minor comment:

The first paragraph in the introduction reads

"This draft addresses only co-located Care-of Address mode (not Foreign
Agent Care-of Address mode, for which the gentle reader is directed to
[1])."

While later section 3 lists the following requirement

"The Mobile Network should be supported using Foreign Agents that are
compliant to RFC 3344 without any changes ('legacy' Foreign Agents)."

and the document do specifies support for such 'legacy' Foreign Agents
using the "double tunnelling" technique.

I would thus propose to adapt the sentence in the first paragraph of the
introduction to indicate that both co-located Care-of Address mode and
Foreign Agent Care-of Address mode (with RFC 3344 compliant FAs) are
supported.

In addition, _if_ reference to [1] (draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-fa-01.txt) is
to be kept, I would propose to clarify that this draft [1] relates to an
optimization of the NEMOv4 base spec for removing the need for double
encapsulation when a foreign agent is used [At the expense of
introducing extensions in the FA.]

Christophe