Subject: [Mip4] Protocol Action: 'Secure Connectivity and Mobility using Mobile IPv4 and MOBIKE' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:03:20 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Secure Connectivity and Mobility using Mobile IPv4 and MOBIKE '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-mobike-connectivity-03.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-mobike-connectivity-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes the interaction of Mobile IPv4 and MOBIKE.
  The focus is on providing access to an enterprise or operator private
  network where the mobile node can connect either directly on trusted
  links or through a VPN gateway from the untrusted Internet. The
  document outlines various scenarios for the different arrangements of
  VPN and Mobile IP tunnels, and recommends procedures for execution
  upon detection of mobility events.

Working Group Summary

  This document is a product of the Mobile IPv4 working group. It
  has gone through 2 working group last calls and is mature and
  ready for publication.

Document Quality

  The specification has been reviewed by a number of
  WG participants.

Personnel

  Document shepherd: Pete McCann
  Responsible AD: Jari Arkko

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/