Subject: [Mip4] CfP: 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare 2010

From: Julie Maitland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:11:03 +0100

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call due to cross  
posting.
Please feel free to distribute to others who might be interested.

**** Call for Papers ****

4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for  
Healthcare 2010

	http://www.pervasivehealth.org

March 22nd-25th 2010, Munich, Germany

Pervasive healthcare is an emerging research discipline, focusing on  
the development and application of pervasive and ubiquitous computing  
technology for healthcare and wellness. Pervasive healthcare seeks to  
respond to a variety of pressures on healthcare systems, including the  
increased incidence of life-style related and chronic diseases,  
emerging consumerism in healthcare, need for empowering patients and  
relatives for self-care and management of their health, and need to  
provide seamless access for health care services, independent of time  
and place.

Pervasive healthcare may be defined from two perspectives. First, it  
is the development and application of pervasive computing (or  
ubiquitous computing, ambient intelligence) technologies for  
healthcare, health and wellness management. Second, it seeks to make  
healthcare available to anyone, anytime, and anywhere by removing  
locational, time and other restraints while increasing both the  
coverage and quality of healthcare.

The Pervasive Healthcare conference aims to gather together technology  
experts, practitioners, industry and national authorities contributing  
towards the development and application of human-centered pervasive  
and ubiquitous computing technology for healthcare and wellness.

		*** CONTRIBUTIONS ***

We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but  
not limited to:

Technology
* Design and evaluation of patient and ambient-related sensors
* Wearable and implantable sensor integration
* Energy management and harvesting
* Sensor networks for pervasive healthcare
* Data fusion in pervasive healthcare environments
* Physiological models for interpreting medical sensor data
* Decision support algorithms for sensor data analysis
* Human to machine interfaces

User Needs
* Usability and acceptability issues
* Social implications
* Coverage and delivery of pervasive healthcare services
* Cognitive deficits (mild cognitive impairment, dementia,...)
* Physical deficits (mobility,...)
* Vegetative deficits (incontinence, adipositas, cardiovascular  
diseases,...)
* Telemedicine

Applications
* Clinical applications, validation and evaluation studies
* Pervasive healthcare applications for citizen for chronic disease  
management & health risk management
* Health promotion, and disease prevention
* Wearable, ambient and home based health and wellness measurement and  
monitoring technologies
* Continuous vs event-driven monitoring of patients in diverse  
environments
* Health interfaces, information visualisation and feedback
* Health-related ICT for Development
* Assistive Devices for temporal and spatial orientation
* Activity recognition and fall detection
* Entertainment, educational and motivational aids

Management of Pervasive Healthcare
* Business cases and cost issues
* Electronic citizen-managed health records
* Security and privacy in pervasive healthcare
* Training of healthcare professional for pervasive healthcare
* Legal and regulatory issues in pervasive healthcare
* Insurance payments and cost aspects
* Standards and interoperability in pervasive healthcare
* Using mobile devices for healthcare information storage, update, and  
transmission

		*** TYPE OF SUBMISSIONS ***

Pervasive Health will accept submissions in the following categories:

1 Full papers (up to 8 pages submissions) - Full papers are  
submissions describing results and original research work not  
submitted or published elsewhere in one of the four main categories  
listed below. Full papers should properly place the work within the  
field, cite related work, and clearly indicate the innovative aspects  
of the work and its contribution to the field.

2 Posters (up to 4 pages submissions) - Authors are invited to submit  
work in progress whose preliminary results are already interesting to  
Pervasive Health audience. The poster track will give Pervasive Health  
attendees a way to learn about ongoing research initiatives and will  
provide presenters with an excellent opportunity to receive invaluable  
direct feedback from experts.

3 Demos and Videos (2 pages submissions) - For the first time,  
Pervasive Health Conference proposes a demos and videos track that  
will showcase the latest developments and prototypes related to the  
topics of interest of the conference. The expected submissions should  
describe the demo from both, the technical side and its contribution  
to healthcare aspects

4 Workshop Proposals
A separate Call for Workshops will be issued in due course. Please  
check conference website (http://www.pervasivehealth.org).

All accepted submissions will be published in IEEE Xplore Digital  
Library.

*** IMPORTANT DATES ****
All Papers Categories Submissions:	December 4, 2009
Notification of Acceptance: 		February 8, 2010
Camera-ready Manuscripts due: 		February 26, 2010
Conference Dates: 			March 22-25, 2010
		
*** WORKSHOPS ***
Please visit the Workshops pages for detailed submission requirements  
and procedures.

*** SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS ***
Please visit the Submission page for detailed submission requirements  
and procedures.
http://www.pervasivehealth.org/submission.shtml

*** PUBLICATION ***
Please visit the Publications page for more information.
http://www.pervasivehealth.org/publication.shtml

__________________________

Julie Maitland
Social/Ubiquitous/Mobile Group
Department of Computer Science
University of Glasgow

phone: +44 141 330 2333
web: http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~jules

'Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today' - James  
Dean