Subject: [Mip4] IEEE WoWMoM 2011: Call For Papers

From: Daniele Migliorini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:00:53 +0100

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                             WoWMoM 2011
                 Twelfth International Symposium on a
           World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                    http://wowmom2011.imtlucca.it/

                            sponsored by
                       IEEE Computer Society,
                  University of Texas at Arlington,
             IEEE CS TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)

                          June 20-24, 2011
                       Lucca, Tuscany, Italy

------------------------------------------------------------------------

****            SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 21, 2010           *******

------------------------------------------------------------------------

IEEE WoWMoM 2011 is soliciting original and previously unpublished papers 
addressing research challenges and advances towards a world of wireless, 
mobile, and multimedia pervasive communications.
The evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in 
Future Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities 
for distributing multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling 
dissemination of professional contents to mobile users as well as 
sharing user-generated contents between them. Users will be able to 
retrieve, publish, and manage information, communicate with other users 
or devices, access and author services, create and exploit context-
awareness and so on. Papers that present original work, validated by 
experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical 
experiences and experimental efforts from both industry and academy, 
duly documenting the lessons learned from test-beds, field-trials, or 
real deployments, are also welcome.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Wireless multimedia systems,services&applications
- System prototypes, measurements, real deployment, and experiences
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks
- Mobile Social Networking
- Participatory and urban sensing
- Energy-efficient protocols and power management
- Seamless inter-networking and self-organization
- Networking services for pervasive systems
- Content-centric architectures, multimedia content management and
  distribution for mobile networks
- Ad-hoc, Sensor and wireless mesh networks
- Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
- Vehicular wireless networks
- Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Quality of Service and Quality of Experience
- Location mechanism and services
- Multicasting and broadcasting issues
- Handoff and mobility management
- Network management and control
- IP-based mobile networks and wireless multimedia services
- Wireless security, dependability, reliability and survivability
- Authentication, authorization, and accounting
- Modeling and performance evaluation

AWARDS AND EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UPS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Papers presented at the Symposium will be considered for a Best Paper 
Award. Papers of particular merit will be considered for a fast track 
publication in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal 
(PMC).

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
All submissions must describe original research, not published or 
currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal. 
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS.
You can find detailed submission instructions at 
http://wowmom2011.imtlucca.it/submission.html

*******************
Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend
the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included
in the proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2011 and published in the
IEEE Digital Library.
WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude a paper from distribution
after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper
is not presented at the conference.
*******************

IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Manuscript submission deadline:      November 21, 2010.
- Manuscript acceptance notification:  March 18, 2011.

CONTACTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, please visit the conference website at
http://wowmom2011.imtlucca.it/index.html, or contact the PC-chairs
at wowmom11-pcchairs(at)iit.cnr.it

WORKSHOPS AND AFFILIATED EVENTS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several workshops will be held in conjunction with the main conference.
Workshop papers will be included and indexed in the
IEEE Digital Library (Xplore), showing their affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM.
WoWMoM 2011 will also feature an Industry Track, PhD Forum and
a Demonstrations Session. Please visit the conference website for details.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
------------------------------------------------------------------------
GENERAL CO-CHAIRS
Mario Gerla, UCLA, USA
Enzo Mingozzi, Univ. of Pisa, Italy

TPC CO-CHAIRS
Mainak Chatterjee, Univ. of Central Florida, USA
Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy

WORKSHOPS CO-CHAIRS
Albert Banchs, Univ. Carlos III of Madrid, Spain
Luciano Bononi, Univ. of Bologna, Italy

PUBLICATION CO-CHAIRS
Daniele Puccinelli, SUPSI, Switzerland
Marco Di Felice, Univ. of Bologna, Italy

INDUSTRY-TRACK CO-CHAIRS
Marc Brogle, SAP Research, Switzerland
Xavier Perez-Costa, NEC Laboratories Europe, Germany

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS
Habib M. Ammari, Hofstra Univ., USA
Daniele Migliorini, Univ. of Pisa, Italy
June-Koo Kevin Rhee, KAIST, Korea
Nirmalya Roy, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapore

FINANCE & REGISTRATION CHAIR
Yonghe Liu, Univ. Texas at Arlington, USA

LOCAL ORGANIZATION CHAIR
Adriana Lazzaroni, IIT-CNR, Italy

WEB CHAIR
Carlo Vallati, Univ. of Pisa, Italy

STEERING COMMITTEE
Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy
Sajal K. Das, Univ. Texas at Arlington, USA (chair)
Dipankar Raychaudhuri, Rutgers Univ., USA
Satish K. Tripathi, SUNY Buffalo, USA