Subject: [Mip4] RFC 5944 on IP Mobility Support for IPv4, Revised

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:22:30 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5944

        Title:      IP Mobility Support for IPv4, 
                    Revised 
        Author:     C. Perkins, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      100
        Characters: 239935
        Obsoletes:  RFC3344

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5944.txt

This document specifies protocol enhancements that allow transparent
routing of IP datagrams to mobile nodes in the Internet.  Each mobile
node is always identified by its home address, regardless of its
current point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated away
from its home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of
address, which provides information about its current point of
attachment to the Internet.  The protocol provides for registering
the care-of address with a home agent.  The home agent sends
datagrams destined for the mobile node through a tunnel to the
care-of address.  After arriving at the end of the tunnel, each
datagram is then delivered to the mobile node.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC