Subject: [Mip4] WoWMoM 2013 - Call for Workshop Proposals

From: "Jorge Navarro Ortiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:12:02 -0400

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-       Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFW       -
------------------------------------------------------------------------

               CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

                             WoWMoM 2013
                Fourteenth International Symposium on a
           World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                   http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/

                            sponsored by
                       IEEE Computer Society,
                  University of Texas at Arlington,
       IEEE Computer Society TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)

                           June 4-7, 2013
                            Madrid, Spain

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and
Multimedia Networks (IEEE WoWMoM 2013) will be the 14th event in its series.
This symposium intends to provide a definitive forum for networking,
software systems and multimedia research in the wireless/mobile area
involving both computer science and electrical engineering communities.

The WoWMoM Organizing Committee invites proposals for *one-day* workshops
affiliated with the conference. The purpose of these workshops is to provide
a platform for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and possibly more
focused way than at the conference itself. All papers included in the WoWMoM
2013 Workshops will appear in the conference proceedings published by IEEE.
We expect all selected workshops to adhere to a common paper submission and
reviewing schedule as outlined in the dates indicated below.

Workshops Proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining to
wireless mobile and multimedia networking.

Workshops addressing emerging research directions in these areas are highly
welcome.

Each workshop proposal must include:

. The name of the workshop.
. The names, addresses, and a short bio of the organizers.
. A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues that the
workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest at
this time.
. The names of potential program committee members.
. The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate
lively discussions and attendees involvement.
. The names of the potential keynote speakers, if a keynote speech is
included in the planned format of the workshop.
. If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop, including
dates, organizers, number of submitted and accepted papers, number of
attendees.
. If the workshop does not have any past editions, an estimate of the
expected number of submitted and accepted papers, and of the expected number
of attendees.
. A tentative call for papers.
. A description of the plans for publicity and workshop web site.
. 
. 
Workshop proposals should be submitted, no later than October 20, 2012, by
e-mail (in PDF format) with "WoWMoM 2013 Workshop Proposal" in the subject,
to *both* WoWMoM 2013 Workshop Co-Chairs (WSCC) at the addresses:

[email-masked]
[email-masked]

For any additional information please refer to us at the addresses above.

Workshops Co-chairs 

Miguel A. Labrador
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
University of South Florida
Tampa, Florida

and

Polychronis Koutsakis
ECE Dept.
Technical University of Crete
Chania, Greece

----------------

IMPORTANT DATES

----------------

Workshop proposals submission deadline:  October 20, 2012

Notification: November 05, 2012

Suggested dates for the workshops schedule:

Papers due by:  February 28, 2013

Paper selections due by:       April 08, 2013