Subject: [Mip4] International Conference on Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good (GOODTECHS 2015)

From: Carlos Tavares Calafate <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 14:48:59 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             CALL FOR PAPERS

          GOODTECHS: Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good

             Web page: http://goodtechs.eu/2015/show/home

------------------------------------------------------------------------

By social good we refer to a "good" or a service that benefits the 
largest number of people in the largest possible way. Some classic 
examples of social goods are, of course, healthcare, safety, 
environment, democracy, and human rights, but we can add to this classic 
list even communication, art, entertainment and much more.

In this context, the popularity of portable computing devices, like 
smartphones, tablets, or smart watches combined with the emergence of 
many other small smart objects with computational, sensing and 
communication capabilities coupled with the popularity of social 
networks and new human-technology interaction paradigms is creating 
unprecedented opportunities for each of us to do something useful, 
ranging from a single person to the whole world. Furthermore, Internet 
of Things, Smart-cities, distributed sensing and Fog computing are 
representative examples of modern ICT paradigms that aim to describe a 
dynamic and globally cooperative infrastructure built upon objects' 
intelligence and self-configuring capabilities. These connected objects 
are finding their way into our pockets, vehicles, urban areas and 
infrastructure, thus becoming the very texture of our society and 
providing us the possibility, but also the responsibility, to shape it.

In GOODTECHS we are hence interested in experiences with the design, 
implementation, deployment, operation and evaluation of smart objects 
and technologies for social good. Clearly, we are not considering only 
the so called first world as the scenario for this evolution; we also 
refer to those areas where ICT is currently less widespread, hoping that 
it may represent a societal development opportunity rather than a source 
for further divide. Authors are solicited to submit original, previously 
unpublished papers in the following, but not limited to, topic areas:

   * App concepts and technologies for different mobile platforms
   * Communication between mobile devices
   * Content Distribution
   * E-learning solutions
   * Smart governance and e-administration solutions
   * Smart economy solutions: e-banking, e-business
   * Smart living and E-health
   * Data collection, organization and dissemination methods
   * Data replication protocols in network partitions
   * Delay-tolerant aerial networks and ferrying approaches
   * Deployment and field-testing
   * Experimental results of communication testbeds
   * Game, entertainment, and multimedia applications
   * Human-object interaction
   * Mobile service architectures and frameworks
   * Mobility and handover management
   * New application scenarios for vehicular communications
   * Pervasive and ubiquitous services in cloud and IoT
   * Platforms and frameworks for mobile devices
   * Privacy issues and solutions
   * Protocol design, testing and verification
   * Security issues, architectures and solutions
   * Smart cities and transportation
   * Internet of Things
   * ICT for development
   * Digital tools for art and feelings
   * Technology addressing the digital divide
   * Environment sensing, monitoring and preservation

HIGHLIGHTS:
* The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a 
leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of 
innovation in the field of ICT and will be co-located with the IOT360 
Summit;

* Accepted papers will be published in the GOODTECHS Conference 
Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST 
(LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via 
the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital 
libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.

* The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing 
services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI 
Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU 
Digital Library (EUDL).

* Best Papers will be considered for publication in the ACM/Springer 
Mobile Networks and Applications Journal (MONET) and 
http://eai.eu/transaction/internet-things.

* This conference will be held within the scope of IoT360 
(http://iot-360.eu/2015/), a flagship event around Internet of Things.

IMPORTANT DATES:
     Full Paper Submission deadline: 15 June 2015
     Notification deadline: 25 July 2015
     Camera-ready deadline: 25 August 2015
     Start of Conference: 26 October 2015
     End of Conference: 27 October 2015

NAMES AND AFFILIATIONS OF MAIN ORGANIZERS:
General Co-Chairs
     Ombretta Gaggi, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy
     Pietro Manzoni, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
     Claudio Palazzi, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy

Technical Program Committee Chair
     Armir Bujari, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy

Workshops Chair
     Priscila Solis, University of Brasilia, Brasil

Publications Chair
     Johann M. Márquez Barja, CTVR - Trinity College Dublin, Ireland

Web Chair
     Carlos Calafate, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain

Publicity and Social Media Chair
     Carlos Calafate, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain

Conference Manager
     Kristina Lukacova, European Alliance for Innovation