Subject: [Mip4] Call for Workshops - IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC 2016)

From: Carlos Tavares Calafate <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:35:45 +0200

- Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.

*****************************************************************
IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC)
               Las Vegas, January 8-11, 2016
(Held in conjunction with the International Consumer Electronics Show)

General Call for Workshops

*****************************************************************

IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), sponsored 
by the IEEE Communications Society, is a major annual international 
conference. Taking advantage of its co-location with the International 
CES (the world's largest tradeshow on consumer technology), CCNC is 
organized with the objective of bringing together researchers, 
developers, and practitioners from academia and industry working in all 
areas of consumer technologies. CCNC 2016 will feature high quality 
keynotes, plenary talks, panels, and tutorials.

The CCNC 2016 Organization Committee invites members of the research, 
development, and practitioner communities to submit workshop proposals.
Workshops provide a forum for people to discuss areas of special 
interest pertinent to consumer communications and networking with 
like-minded researchers and practitioners. Workshops aim at examining an 
area in a less formal, more open environment for the free exchange of 
views, and possibly in a more focused way than in the main track of the 
conference itself.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Communications and Signal processing for modern mobile devices.
* Social Networking, CrowdSourcing and Participatory Sensing
* Wearable Augmented Reality
* Internet of Things (IoT)
* Peer-to-Peer and Cloud-based Networking
* Multimedia Networking, Services, & Applications
* Smart Spaces & Sensor Networks
* 3D printing
* Personal Robotics
* Security, Content Protection & DRM
* Vehicular Networks
* Green Communications & Computation
* eHealth, Ambient Assisted Living
* Home Energy Management
* Telepresence & Telerobotics
* Intelligent & Emotion-oriented Computing
* 3D Imaging, Processing, Communications & Display
* Innovative Multimedia Systems & Consumer Electronics
* Information Integration & Data Analytics
* Case studies of application deployments
* Emerging Standardization Topics in Consumer Communications.

CCNC workshops will probably be organized on the first and last day of 
the conference (Jan 8 and Jan 11).

Proposal Format:

The workshop organizers should submit a workshop proposal by May 31st 2015.
Each Workshop proposal should include:

1) Name of workshop and proposed URL of site to host CFP, program etc.

2) Theme of the workshop and topics of interest and how these relate
to the overall conference

3) Names, affiliations, and a short bio (up to 200 words) of the
organizers

4) Brief description (up to 1 page) of research, industry, and
practitioners' topics of interest that the workshop will address

5) Reasons why the workshop is of interest to the conference
participants

6) Audience: expected number of participants, potential program
committee members

7) Description of the publicity plan: how to attract participants and
submissions

8) Planned format: participant selection, time line, type of
contributions, discussions and integration of non-presenting participants.

* Full-day workshops should aim for 8-9 accepted papers or invited
technical talks. Half-day workshops should aim for 4-5 accepted papers 
or invited technical talks. Indicate the maximum length of the papers to 
be submitted.

* If the workshop will include invited technical talks (i.e.
presentation of a non-peer-reviewed paper ), the proposal should include 
a subset of invited speakers who are willing to attend and participate 
if the workshop is accepted.

9) If applicable, a description of past editions of the workshop,
including: number of submitted and accepted papers, and number of attendees.

10) A draft workshop call for papers with:

* The names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers and email
addresses of the workshop organizers, who should be experts in the 
related topics and preferably from multiple organizations.

All proposals and questions should be submitted to the workshop chairs 
(subject: CCNC16 workshop):

Carlos T. Calafate, Technical University of Valencia. E-mail: 
[email-masked]
Peppino Fazio, University of Calabria. E-mail: [email-masked]

Conference registration fees will not be waived for speakers at accepted 
workshops. The organizers of the accepted workshops will be responsible 
for paper reviewing and the workshop programs.

Workshop Proposals Due: May 31, 2015
Acceptance Notification: June 15, 2015
_______________________________________________
Carlos T. Calafate & Peppino Fazio
CCNC 2016 Workshops Co-Chairs