Subject: [Mip4] CfP ECARS 2015

From: Peppino Fazio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 11:28:19 +0200

Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate
researchers this Call for Papers. Our apologies if you receive multiple
copies of this message.

Call for Papers
_______________________________________________
International Conference on E-mobility and Emerging Vehicular Technology

http://ecarsconference.org/2015/show/home

ECARS 2015 is collocated with Smart City 360 Summit

Scope:
In the last years, there has been a huge rise in smart vehicles, because of
the most of the countries seek to address future energy requirements
rapidly, trying to achieve sustainable transportation. To this aim,
electric vehicles represent promising pathways to reduced CO2. In near
future, we assume the availability of smart vehicles equipped with sensing
and communication capabilities, smart infrastructures with sensors, and
smart communications between infrastructure and vehicles, enabling more
efficient control strategies aiming at mobility optimization. The ECARS
2015 conference is aimed at addressing all the recent innovations, in terms
of research and development, regarding the electric vehicles, optimization
of transportation based on wireless sensors, mobile networks and their hot
connected open issues. In particular, the ECARS 2015 conference is looking
at recent progress and research from both industrial and academic sectors,
strictly related to developing new technologies to fit with infrastructure
and current trends.
Topics:
- Smart automobiles (i.e. (non-)hybrid engines, self-parking systems,
self-monitoring, self-reporting, non-intrusive inspection and testing
methods, low-carbon driving, electric cars, etc.);
- Smart recharging strategies for optimizing power-grids performance;
- Standardization on the international and European base;
- Algorithms or protocols for reducing pollutions and travel costs;
- Security and safety of self-driven vehicles (i.e. eCall system – time and
lives saved);
- Recharging stations, energy supply for automobiles;
- Batteries management optimization;
- Distributed Energy Resources optimization;
- Wired and Wireless technologies integration (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet,
HomePLUG, etc.);
- CAN/FlexRay advances and enhancements;
- IN-Vehicle Ethernet communications;
- Vehicular Ad-hoc NETworking for Electric-Vehicles (EVs);
- Charging stations reservation strategies and Prediction-Based EV charging.

Highlights
The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading
community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in
the field of Smart Cities, ICT and e-Health and will be co-located with the
Smart City 360 Summit.
Participation in this event will give attendees the unique opportunity to
be exposed to all technical scientific aspects of Smart City related topic
areas at co-located conferences, as well as be able to have full access to
the Smart City market place and business aspects in practice at the Smart
City 360 Summit.

Publication
All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available
through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific
libraries. Best papers will be invited to publish also in the EAI Endorsed
Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications.

IMPORTANT DATES
Full Paper Submission deadline
15 June 2015

Notification deadline
31 July 2015

Camera-ready deadline
31 August 2015

Start of Conference
13 October 2015

End of Conference
13 October 2015