Subject: [Mip4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support-12.txt> (Flow Binding Support for Mobile IP) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 10:34:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Mobility for IPv4 WG (mip4) to
consider the following document:
- 'Flow Binding Support for Mobile IP'
  <draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support-12.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines extensions to Mobile IP protocol for
   allowing a mobile node with multiple interfaces to register a care-of
   address for each of its network interfaces and to simultaneously
   establish multiple IP tunnels with its home agent.  This essentially
   allows the mobile node to utilize all the available network
   interfaces and build an higher aggregated logical pipe with its home
   agent for its home address traffic.  Furthermore, these extensions
   also allow the mobile node and the home agent to negotiate IP traffic
   flow policies for binding individual flows with the registered
   care-of addresses.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.