Subject: [Mip6] Vienna Bar BOF on MIP6-interop update

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:16:34 -0700 (PDT)

I have got a few requests for the MIP6-interop updates
from the mini Bar BOF we had at Vienna IETF. Here it is:

We had about 8-10 participants. TJ Kniventon and myself 
co-ordinated the discussions. We mainly explained the
idea of MIPv6 remote testing based on the presentation
slides from the MIPv6 meeting. [email-masked]
and Cesar Viho from ETSI were also present at that meeting
Patrick and Viho took action items to follow up on 
co-ordinating the MIPv6-interop test as part of ETSI Plugtests.

The following items are being looked into by ETSI:
> 1- Discussion list with web archives
> 2- Web page to coordinate MIPv6 tests
> 3- Chat Service

 I was told that Patrick or someone from ETSI would follow up
 on this list with details information on "HOW TO" and "WHAT"
 as soon as they are ready to do so.
 
 IMHO, the 2nd item above is the key for the success of the
 remote testing. So, interested folks need to participate
 in the discussion list (to-be annouced) to agree upon
 the actual information required for that webpage.
 
From now on ETSI would follow up on the MIP6 remote interop
testing. 

Thanks,
-Samita

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:45:41 -0500

Hi Samita,

In order to give some legs to this effort, I would suggest
that we create a small design team that can meet on teleconfs
on a biweekly basis until the next IETF so that we can make
some faster progress. 

-Basavaraj

---

From: Patrick René Guillemin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:17:44 +0200

Dear Basavaraj,

Before we meet again at IETF 58 in Mineapolis, we could
certainly meet during next IPv6 Plugtests event (23-26 Sep) 
& conf (22 Sep) in Brussels . We still have ~50 participants 
registered from all countries:
www.etsi.org/plugtests/02UpcomingEvents/IPv6_Bruxelles/IPv6_home.htm

It's a good idea to discuss the design of MIP6 remote tests. I
propose to do this using PLUGTESTS-MIP6 discussion list.

We have easy teleconfs system at ETSI and I'd be happy to organise it
for MIP6 remote plugtests ! But, I think it should be hard to use 
teleconfs. Like during the 1st Remote IPv6 event 
www.etsi.org/plugtests/04History/2003_R_IPv6.htm
we know that american, european and asian participants can only 
talk at the same time only if one of the parties accept to work at
night. Perhaps should we plan 2 kinds of teleconfs:
- american-european teleconfs
- europen-asian teleconfs ?

Reminder: to join MIP6 remote tests discussion list, see
http://mip6.plugtests.org/ (or http://212.234.160.6)

Rgds
Patrick
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 23 August 2003 05:46
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Patrick René Guillemin
Subject: RE: [Mip6] Vienna Bar BOF on MIP6-interop update

Hi Samita,

-Basavaraj