Subject: [Mip6] draft-jang-mip6-smreg-00

From: Heejin jang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:28:57 +0900

I submitted new draft last week but it's not yet announced.
The new draft is available now on my homepage and you can reference it :)
http://home.postech.ac.kr/~arche/draft-jang-mip6-smreg-00

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Document title : Simultaneous Registration of multiple Care-of Addresses

Working group  : mip6

Authors : H. Jang,  J. Cheon and S. Singh

Abstract :  This draft proposes a scheme that allows a mobile node to register a
   primary care-of address(CoA) as well as one or more non-primary CoAs
   by sending a single binding update message to the home agent and/or
   correspondent node. This is achieved by using two new mobility
   options defined in this draft. Mobile nodes that perform duplicate
   address detection procedure, such as Advance DAD and Optimistic DAD
   can benefit from this scheme. Proposed scheme does not require to
   exchange CoTI and CoT messages, usually required for the registration
   of each of the non-primary CoA(s). It also does not require to
   maintain binding management key for each of the non-primary CoA(s).
   Thus the proposed scheme reduces the signaling and processing overhead 
   in Mobile IPv6 networks.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:48:45 +0900

Hello Heejin

After roughly reading, two questions occured in my mind.
1) Which applicability is possible ? network mobility (NEMO) ?
If yes, you should be moved to there.
If not, please let me know it.
2) Comparison with previous job (Ryuji's draft)
It seems like a similar approach to me where the multiple CoA
are binded by new option.
Sorry if I am missing something.

Regards

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Heejin jang
> Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 4:29 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Mip6] draft-jang-mip6-smreg-00
> 
>