Subject: [Mip6] Multihomed Mobile Nodes

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:01:18 +0900

Dear all,

As you know there have been a number of drafts dealing around the issues
of multihomed mobile nodes, including
draft-montavont-mobileip-multihoming-pb-statement-00.txt 

The intend of the draft is to list the cases where a MN is multihomed,
and the issues that must be addressed at large to allow this
configuration. So, the real intend is to investigate what are the issues
peculiar to MIPv6, and other issues not peculiar to MIPv6. I guess that
there is no other group in a better position than MIPv6 to understand
the issues peculiar to MIP6. May be the solutions can be divised in
other WGs, but a prior work for this is for the MIP6 group to give
comments.

In order to introduce the discussion, may I ask the following questions
to the list (including authors of the other drafts):

- if people agree with the definition of multihoming ?
- is there any case (the one you the most concerned about) which is not
  covered by the definition ?
- if people agree with the issues ?
- what are the missing issues we need to consider ?
- where should the issues be solved ?

Get the draft here: http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/~montavont/

Abstract:
~~~~~~~~~
Individual solutions have been proposed to extend Mobile IPv6 in  
order to allow mobile nodes to be multihomed, but all issues have not
been addressed by a single document. In this document, we thus propose a
taxonomy to classify the situations where a mobile node may be
multihomed. This taxonomy is then used to describe all multihomed
scenarios. Issues preventing mobile nodes to be multihomed while
operating Mobile IPv6 are highlighted. This document doesn't aim at
proposing solutions, however, it is expected to raise discussion in
order to make sure forthcoming solutions will address all the issues.

Thierry.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6