Subject: [Mip6] BUB+

From: Wassim Haddad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 20:08:42 +0300 (EEST)

Hi all,

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

 	Title		: Applying Cryptographically Generated Addresses
                          to BUB (BUB+)
 	Author(s)	: W. Haddad, et al.
 	Filename	: draft-haddad-mip6-cga-bub-00.txt
 	Pages		: 9
 	Date		: 2004-5-19

    This memo describes a method to exploit the Cryptographically
    Generated Address (CGA) features in highly mobile environment.
    The draft introduces a new optimization to the "Binding Update
    Backhauling (BUB)" proposal, which eliminates the need for
    running a return routability (RR) procedure at the beginning
    and improves its security.

Comments are appreciated.

Regards,

Wassim H.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Warodom Werapun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 18:11:43 +0700

I haven't read MIP6 working for times.  Now, does RR procedure still 
use?  What 's the current Binding update method we should use?

Regards,
- Warodom

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 08:53:03 +0300

> use?  What 's the current Binding update method we should use?

Return routability, as defined in the Mobile IPv6 base
specification RFC (out in the next couple of days, I hope),
is the current and mandatory-to-support method for
authorizing route optimization signaling.

A number of optional methods have been discussed in addition
(BUG, preshared secrets draft by Charlie and so forth).

--Jari