Subject: [Mip6] Announcement: new version of the LIVSIX IPv6 Stack for Mobility Environments

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:23:28 +0200

This is to announce a new version of the LIVSIX Open Source IPv6 stack
for mobility environments available at:

		  http://www.enrl.motlabs.com/livsix

This stack is written entirely from scratch and does not include any
code from any other widely available IPv6/Mobile IPv6 stack.  Since
the last announcement February 2002, the stack undergone signficant
changes and received many new features.

It has detailed step-by-step instructions on how to set up IPv6 
addresses, IPv6 mobility, routing and moving networks.

It has complete or partial implementations the following protocols:
-IPv6 RFC 2460 and RFC 2461
-Neighbour Discovery
-Multicast Listener Discovery
-Mobile IPv6 (partial: DHAAD, MPD, BU/BAck/BErr/Breq but no RR no
               IPsec).
-supports moving networks, in an approximately NEMO Base Protocol way.
-TCPv6, UDPv6.
-it does static routing.

Application support:
-offers a BSD socket interface to the IPv6 applications.
-ping6
-ssh -6
-konqueror
-vic
-telnet, ftp
-nslookup

It runs on:
-Linux kernel 2.4 and 2.6 series (2.4 ok, 2.6 early ok, 2.6 latest
  compile ok but no execution)
-Zaurus PDA and ColdFire board.

It runs over the following l2 interfaces:
-Ethernet
-WLAN 802.11b
-serial sl0 and ppp0
-bluetooth

It runs on ha.enrl.motlabs.com.  It has been interoperatedly tested
with a certain version of MIPL HA.  The local goals with this stack
development are geared more towards portability and less towards
protocol feature support.

Alex

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6