Subject: [Mip6] Consensus Call Conclusion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:35:46 -0500

The outcome of the consensus call on the question,
"
1. Should we standardize the authentication protocol specified in I-D
   draft-ietf-mip6-auth-protocol-00.txt as an alternative (to the
   IPSec mechanism specified in RFC3775/6) means to securing the BUs
   and BAcks between the MN and HA. Note that this solution is an
   additional mechanism for doing registration with an HA and does not
   deprecate the currently specified solution. 
"
(http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mip6/current/msg01722.html)

is as follows:

We have rough consensus to standardize the authentication
protocol specified in the above mentioned I-D. 
Several people have expressed that they would like to see some changes
w.r.t the details. These will be discussed on the MIP6 ML and changes
made based on consensus. Alpesh Patel who is currently an author of
this I-D will be the document editor.

Comments/feedback from the security directorate is also expected. We
will post it to the list as soon as we get this input.

Some details of the consensus call:

   [Yes]  - 25
   [No ]  - 13

Of the 13 people who said No, 4 of them are agreeable to publishing
the I-D as an Informational RFC. 

-Chairs

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6