Subject: [Mip6] MIP and transition issues

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:19:58 -0400

Folks, 

Sorry for the cross posting, but this issue is being
discussed in all WG listed. 

I submitted the following two drafts last night:
draft-tsirtsis-dsmip-problem
draft-soliman-v4v6-mipv6-

The first deals with the problem statement and the 
second is one of the solution for using MIPv6 only.
There is another draft that proposes using MIPv4
only: draft-tsirtsis-v4v6-mipv4

I hope we can discuss the problem statement and scenarios 
in the next meeting. While the problem statement is on the mip6
charter, it would be useful if we can have a slot allocated for 
this in v6ops. 

thx
Hesham

===========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.
===========================================================

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:16:37 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I've created a new mailing list to discuss Mobile IP transition 
issues.  There is no single good mailing list to do that, and 
crossposting to upto 4 WGs is not a good idea.

Address: [email-masked]
To subscribe: 'subscribe miptrans' in the body to [email-masked]
Web archives: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/miptrans/

**** DO NOT POST ANY FURTHER MESSAGES ON V6OPS LIST! ****
(if you respond, please remove the other lists from Cc:)

FWIW, I also noticed there is another related draft:

Use of MIPv6 in IPv4 and MIPv4 in IPv6 networks
draft-larsson-v6ops-mip-scenarios-00.txt
(Larsson, Gustafsson, Levkowetz)

As there have been various presentations on v6ops two times already, 
with no clear resolution, it would seem to be useful to have various 
people working on different documents bang their heads together on 
miptrans or offlist on which document(s) describing the problems and 
scenarios is the most appropriate as a basis for discussion.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings