Subject: [Mip6] New version of "MIPv6 Authorization and Configuration based on EAP"

From: Giaretta Gerardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:21:52 +0200

Hi all,

A new version of draft-giaretta-mip6-authorization-eap is available at
the following location: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-giaretta-mip6-authorization-ea
p-02.txt

The draft defines a method for bootstrapping Mobile IPv6 relying on a
AAA infrastructure and EAP. Main changes from the last version are:

- both Pre-Shared Key and certificates can be used as peer
authentication methods in IKE Phase 1;

- the Pre-Shared Key can be either generated by the AAA server of the
MSP or derived from the EAP key hierarchy (as described in
draft-giaretta-mip6-amsk-00);

- the message format has been re-designed in such a way to be easily
adapted to any EAP method supporting the exchange of arbitrary
parameters. The draft provides the specific message formats for PEAPv2,
EAP-FAST, EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA, EAP-IKEv2 and EAP-TTLS.

Comments are appreciated.

Regards,
--Gerardo

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to 
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6