Subject: [Mip6] Privacy issues - Bar BoF proposal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:29:20 -0500

Privacy concerns are a topic of interest when dealing with
mobility. The MIP6 WG has previously touched on the aspect of privacy
during WG meetings and on the mailing list. The WG charter
currently does not include any mention of privacy. The primary
thinking as far as privacy goes in the WG has been that all data
should be reverse tunnelled from the MN via its HA if maintaining
privacy is a concern. However this deals with just one aspect of
privacy, i.e location privacy. There are a number of other
perspectives and issues dealing with privacy. Additionally 
operators deploying Mobile IPv6 will need to deal with privacy
requirements coming from a regulatory perspective.

I-D : draft-haddad-momipriv-problem-statement-00 deals with privacy

We would like to have a Bar BoF at IETF61 to discuss this idea further
and determine:
1. If privacy issues are a topic of interest within the scope of the
   MIP6 work and hence needs to be dealt with within the WG
2. If the scope of privacy is broader than just mobility, how should
   we proceed with this work.

Details of the Bar BoF will be made available on the MIP6 WG list
soon.

-Basavaraj

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6