Subject: [Mip6] I-D: draft-zhang-mip6-find-reg-ha-00.txt

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:31:55 -0600

After reviewing this I-D, I do not agree that there is a real problem in
terms of determining which is the HA serving an MN.
Hence I do not believe it makes sense to have it on the agenda at the MIP6
WG meeting at IETF65.

Please discuss why the problem as stated in the I-D makes sense before we
can consider it for including it in the final agenda.

-Basavaraj

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Zhang Jian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:10:54 +0800

In the future deployment of mobile IPv6, there may be several home agent 
in home network simultaneously for load balancing and reliability. So, some 
mobile nodes may select home agent A to register its mobility service, and 
some mobile nodes select home agent B to register its mobility service.
When the operator of home network wants to know the status of some 
service associated with mobile node, he don't know which home agent that
the mobile node is registered to.  He can not retrieve the needed 
information of mobile node. So, I think that there should be a general 
mechanism to provide.
This mechanism mainly provides to carriers for operation and maintenance
of their networks. It complements the basic mobile IPv6 specification.

Jian

---

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:29:56 -0600

Hi Jian,

Can you state a specific example or provide a scenario why a service
provider will not be able to determine the serving HA for an MN using
existing mechanisms?

-Raj