Subject: [Mip6] I-D: draft-chowdhury-mip6-homeinfo-ra-00.txt

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 15:33:44 -0600

This I-D ( draft-chowdhury-mip6-homeinfo-ra-00.txt ) proposes including
prefix information or HoA, HA address in a router advertisement to an MN as
a means of bootstrapping MIP6.
The I-D explains that a Unicast RTR ADVT would be sent to the MS based on
attachment status trigger or other means.
My concerns are that the router is constructing individual RTR_ADVTS for
different MS'. 

I-D: draft-jeong-dnsop-ipv6-dns-discovery-08.txt, is similar in the sense
that it specifies a RTR-ADVT option for DNS server info. So having another
option for bootstrap info is a possibility.

The MIP6 WG would have to discuss this with the IPv6 WG the idea of
including a RTR-ADVT option for the type of information you are proposing.

I am cc'ing the IPv6 chairs for their input on this proposal.

-Basavaraj

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6