Subject: [Mip6] new I-D on home info via RA

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:01:53 -0500

Hi all

We submitted an I-D to define a way to convey the Home Info (HA, HL
prefix etc.) to the MN via Router Advertisement. The I-D is available
here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chowdhury-mip6-homeinfo-ra-00.
txt

Abstract:

For Mobile IPv6 service, the mobile node first connects to an Access
   Router and obtain an IPv6 address to use it as a Care-of-Address.  In
   many networks, the Access Router sends Router Advertisement to the
   mobile node to convey various information.  If the Access Router has
   the knowledge of the mobile node's home info such as home agent
   address, the Access Router can convey that info to the mobile node
   along with the Router Advertisement.  This document proposes a method
   that will allow the Access Router to include home info of the mobile
   node in the Router Advertisement message.

We appreciate your review and comment.

Regards,

The Authors

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6