Subject: [Mip6] Comments on draft-chowdhury-netmip6-00

From: "GAABAB Brahim RD-CORE-CAE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:08:50 +0100

Hi,

This draft seems intersting where MN do not have the MIPv6 capability. 
Here are some questions/comments:

1. The Serving AR register for any MN the (CoA of ServingAR, HoA of the
MN). Since the HoA remains unchanged for each attachemnet, are you
assuming then that AR establishes host-routes for each attached MN ?

2. It would be interesting to clarify where this scheme is applicabe.
For example, it is assumed that the assumed link layer techno allows
trasnport of (NAI, ServingAR address). Requirements on the link layer or
the MN (e.g. multimode) are importants to detail.

Regards,
Brahim.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:32:12 -0500

Hello Brahim,

Thanks for reviewing the I-D. Please see inline my answers.

-Kuntal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: GAABAB Brahim RD-CORE-CAE
[mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 3:09 AM
> To: Chowdhury, Kuntal; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Comments on draft-chowdhury-netmip6-00
> 
> Hi,
> 
[KC>] Yes, the AR (which has the MIPv6 Client) establishes
bi-directional MIPv6 tunnels with the HA for each attached MN. Based on
the security model in place (of the operator), the AR may be able to use
a single IPsec tunnel for all MNs with a given HA or the AR may use
individual IPsec tunnels for each attached MN.

> the MN (e.g. multimode) are importants to detail.
[KC>] There is no specific assumption of the link layer (e.g. radio
access technology) in use. The MN can send a DHCPv6 request (e.g. WiAMX,
3GPP2) with DUID-EN/LLT set to it's NAI. It is assumed that the ARs have
DHCP proxy function so that it can intercept the DHCP messages destined
to All_DHCP_Relay_Agents_and_Servers address. For the case where the MN
does not have DHCPv6 but has IPv6CP, the NAI will be known to the AR
during LCP phase (CHAP/EAP etc.). If both IPv6CP and DHCPv6 are not used
in some scenario (may be 3GPP), the AR (may be the GGSN) will have other
means to know the NAI (or some form of identifier of the user like IMSI)
associated with the PDP context.

The specific details like these can be included in the next revision of
the I-D.