Subject: [Mip6] IPv6 Mobility Header checksum

From: Brian Jongekryg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:10:47 -0600

In RFC 3775, sect 6.1.1, for the mobility header checksum
"pseudo-header", the RFC states "The Next Header value used in the
pseudo-header is 2."

That seems very clear, but at odds with what I would expect to be used
for the Next Header value (135) and with the following statement two
paragraphs later: "The Mobility Header is considered as the upper layer
protocol for the purposes of calculating the pseudo-header."

Is the first statement an error or am I misreading it? What value should
be used for the pseudo-header's next header value in the mobility header
checksum?

Thanks,
Brian Jongekryg

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:28:40 +0100

Yes, error in the spec.  Implementers have used that 135 instead,I believe.

This is a long awaiting correction to rfc3775 (among some smaller others).

Alex