Subject: [Mip6] CFP: Special Issue on "Bio-Inspired Computing and Communication in Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks " Ad Hoc Networks (Elsevier) Journal

From: "Ozgur B. Akan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:24:52 +0200

[We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.]
_____________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________

Call for Papers

AD HOC NETWORKS JOURNAL (ELSEVIER)

Special Issue on

BIO-INSPIRED COMPUTING AND COMMUNICATION IN
WIRELESS AD HOC AND SENSOR NETWORKS	

Submission deadline: February 28, 2007
_____________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________
  	
A  wide  spectrum  of  applications  and  services is currently being
developed  and  designed  to be built on top of various heterogeneous
and  significantly challenging network architectures such as wireless
mesh,   mobile  ad  hoc  and  wireless  sensor/actor  networks. These
heterogeneous   wireless   communication   architectures  are  mainly
characterized  by   heterogeneous  and  resource-constrained   nodes,
restricted communication channels,highly dynamic environments,lack of
any  fixed  infrastructure,  and large scale network deployments that
strongly vary in their density.These features and challenges,in turn,
mandate intelligent, adaptive, autonomic,coordinated,self-organizing,
and  efficient  processing and communication approaches to handle the
complexity of these ambitious wireless systems.

The  turn  to  nature  has brought us many unforeseen great concepts.
Natural  biological systems intrinsically possess and exploit similar
features  by  providing elegant and extremely efficient solutions for
the  challenges  and tasks faced in their natural operation. It is of
extreme  importance  to  bridge  the  communication technologies with
biological  sciences  and  capture  the  analogy  between  these  two
distinct  disciplines.  To this end, solution  strategies inspired by
the  biological  systems  have  been recently proposed to address the
challenges of many computing and communication systems.

This  special  issue is dedicated to capture the state-of-the-art and
the  recent  advances  in the area of biologically-inspired computing
and  communication  in  heterogeneous  wireless architectures such as
wireless  mesh  networks, mobile ad hoc networks, and wireless sensor
and actor networks. Papers describing mathematical models,algorithms,
protocols,  tools,  evaluation methods,  and  experimental studies of
computing  and  communication  architectures that are inspired by and
derived from biological systems are solicited for this special issue.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

* Bio-inspired mathematical models, methods and tools
* Biological and bio-inspired  computing, data  processing algorithms
* Joint bio-inspired data processing and communication
* Embryonics-based fault-tolerant computing and communication
* Bio-inspired network and communication algorithms and protocols
* Novel applications and services inspired by biological systems
* Experimental  studies of bio-inspired computing and communications
* Bio-inspired  topology control and network reconfiguration methods
* Bio-inspired  localization,  synchronization,  mobility approaches
* Evolution  and self-healing of network architectures and protocols
* Immune  and  self-healing network defense and information security
* Bio-inspired  nano-scale and molecular computing and communication
* Bio-inspired distributed control and sensing of networked wearable
   and implantable medical devices

Submission Instructions and Important Dates:
____________________________________________	

Prospective authors:Please submit the PDF of your paper, biographies
and  photos  of  the co-authors to http://ees.elsevier.com/adhoc and
choose  Special  Issue:  Bio-Inspired Computing as the Article Type.
Papers must be formatted in single-column format, double-spaced, and
use  at  least 11pt fonts. Papers must not exceed 25 pages including
references.For details on the journal and special issue,please refer
to http://www.elsevier.com/locate/adhoc .

Submission Deadline:             February 28, 2007
Notification of Acceptance:        August 30, 2007
Camera-Ready Papers Due:         November 30, 2007
Online Publication Date:                April 2008
Journal Publication Date:              August 2008

Guest Editors:
____________________________________________

Ozgur B. Akan  ([email-masked])
Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey

Falko Dressler ([email-masked])
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany

Kenji Leibnitz ([email-masked])
Osaka University, Japan	

Taieb Znati    ([email-masked])
University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA

-- 
Dr. Ozgur B. Akan
Associate Professor
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Middle East Technical University
Ankara, Turkey 06531
Tel: +90-312-210 2353 Fax: +90-312-210 1261
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.eee.metu.edu.tr/~akan

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6