Subject: [Mip6] CFP: MobiArch'07

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:13:12 +0100

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
               The Second International Workshop on
    Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture (MobiArch 2007)
                   Kyoto, Japan, August 27, 2007
        (to be held with ACM SIGCOMM 2007, August 27-31, 2007)
       http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------

With the recent development of technologies in wireless access and
mobile devices, user, terminal, and network mobility has become an
indispensable component of today's Internet vision, and it is likely to
continue in the near future, while affecting the whole architectural
design of the future Internet. Yet, issues like efficient mobility
management and optimization, locator-identifier split, multihoming,
security, and related operational/deployment concerns are still in their
early stages of development. Moreover, the Internet architecture, its
end-to-end principles, and business models will require rethinking due
to the massive penetration of mobility into the Internet.

MobiArch'07 welcomes submissions, from both researchers and
practitioners, in exploration of recent advances in architectures,
protocols, and experiences with emerging technologies on wireless and
mobility over the Internet, with an emphasis on wireless infrastructures
and mobility patterns for mobility support, new mobility protocols,
service discovery, routing and location management, mobile network
performance evaluation and modeling, multi-homing, security,
architectural impacts and deployment considerations.

Topics of Interest:
==================
Topics of MobiArch’07 cover all aspects of architectural issues and
system support for wireless and mobility in the Internet, including but
not limited to:

- Impacts of new wireless technologies/services and mobility patterns on
the Internet architecture
- Architectures and protocols for mobility support in the Internet,
ranging from approaches in link, network, transport to
session/application layers and cross-layer design
- Location management, positioning and data management systems for
wireless and mobility
- Routing and addressing, including locator/identifier split issues and
their impacts to the Internet architecture
- IP multihoming including flow distribution and load sharing for
wireless and mobility
- Performance evaluation, experimentation and modeling of mobility in
the Internet
- Accounting, access control, security and privacy issues and impacts to
Internet architecture
- Economic, scalability and deployment issues of mobility infrastructure
design
- Mechanisms and issues with connecting developing regions into the Internet

Following the success of MobiArch'06, the MobiArch'07 workshop will be a
single-track one-day workshop. Early stages, position papers, systems
and measurement papers will be particularly welcome. The proceedings
will be published by the ACM and ACM digital library.

Submissions:
===========
Submissions must be made to MobiArch'07 EDAS entry:
http://edas.info/5238, following the guidelines in MobiArch'07 webpage:
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007

Important Dates:
===============
Abstract registration:    March 20, 2007
Submission Deadline:      March 27, 2007
Acceptance Notification:  May 15, 2007
Camera-ready version due: June 12, 2007
MobiArch'07 Workshop:     August 27, 2007
SIGCOMM'07:               August 27-31, 2007

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
=================
Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen (Germany)
Katherine Guo, Bell Labs (USA)
Sue Moon, KAIST (Korea)
Ryuji Wakikawa, Keio University (Japan)

PUBLICITY CHAIR
===============
Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge (UK)

QUESTIONS
=========
Please consult the Program Co-Chairs
([email-masked]) if you are uncertain whether
your paper falls within the scope of the workshop.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6