Subject: [Mip6] [WISTP2007] Deadline extended to February 1st

From: Damien Sauveron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 23:23:28 +0100

Due to several requests, the deadline is extended to February 1st (firm
deadline)

*******************************************************************
We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.
Please disseminate it to your colleagues that could be interested.
*******************************************************************

Workshop in Information Security Theory and Practices 2007: Smart Cards,
Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing Systems
                                  &&
A networking meeting to discuss proposals for the EU FP7

Heraklion, Crete, Greece
May 9-11, 2007

Workshop URL: http://wistp2007.xlim.fr/

*******************************************************
WISTP2007 is:
- Co-Sponsored by IFIP TC6 Communications Systems
- Co-Sponsored by IFIP WG 8.8 Smart Cards
- Co-Sponsored by IFIP WG 11.2 Small System Security
- Co-Sponsored by The British Computer Society
- In Cooperation with the IEEE Computer Society, Technical Committee on
Security and Privacy (TCSP)
- In Cooperation with the IEEE Computer Society, Task Force on
Information Assurance (TFIA)
- In Cooperation with the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society,
Technical Committee on Information Assurance & Intelligent
Multimedia-Mobile Communications
- In Cooperation with the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society,
Technical Committee on Systems Safety and Security
- In Cooperation with the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
- Supported by the IEEE France Section
- Supported by the IEEE UKRI Section & by the IEEE UKRI Section - Computer
Society Chapter
- Supported by the IEEE Greece Section - Communications Society & Computer
Society & VT&AESS Chapters
- Supported by the EuroSys (European ACM SIGOPS Chapter)
- Supported by the ASF (French ACM SIGOPS Chapter)
- Supported by the Greek Computer Society
- Supported by the ASTI
- Supported by the Institute for Systems and Technologies of
Information, Control and Communication (INSTICC)
- Supported by the SEE
- Supported by the GDR CNRS ASR
- Supported by the VDE ITG

*******************************************************
WISTP2007 Background and Goals:
With the rapid technological development of information technologies,
computer systems and especially embedded systems are becoming more
mobile and ubiquitous, increasingly interfacing with the physical world.
Ensuring  the security of these complex and yet, resource constraint
systems has emerged as one of the most pressing challenges.
The aim of this first workshop is to bring together researchers and
practitioners in related areas and to encourage interchange and
cooperation between the research community and the industrial/consumer
community.
The workshop will consist of technical paper presentations, one special
session for student papers and five invited talks.
To contribute to the structuring of the community, a networking meeting
to discuss EU FP7 projects proposals will take place just after the
workshop.

*******************************************************
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

A. Smart Cards and Trusted Devices Security

     * Biometrics, National ID cards
     * Embedded Systems Security and TPMs
     * Interplay of TPMs and Smart Cards
     * New Applications for Secure RFID Systems
     * RFID Systems Security
     * Smart Card Security
     * Smart Card Applications

B. Ad Hoc and Mobile Networks Security

     * Ad Hoc Networks Security
     * Delay-Tolerant Network Security
     * Domestic Network Security
     * Mobile Codes Security
     * Mobile Devices Security
     * Security Issues in Mobile and Ubiquitous Networks
     * Security of GSM/GPRS/UMTS Systems
     * Sensor Networks Security
     * Vehicular Network Security
     * Wireless Communication Security (WiFi, WiMAX, WiMedia, others)

C. Ubiquitous Computing Systems Security

     * Distributed Systems Security
     * Grid Computing Security
     * Intrusion Detection and Information Filtering
     * Peer-to-Peer Networks Security

D. Security Protocols, Policies and Management for Mobility

     * Critical Infrastructure (e.g. for Medical or Military
Applications) Security
     * Digital Rights Management (DRM)
     * Industrial and Multimedia  Applications
     * Information Assurance
     * Localization Systems Security (Tracking of People and Goods)
     * New Applications of Secure Systems
     * Public Administration and Governmental Services
     * Security Models and Architecture
     * Security Policies (Human-Computer Interaction and Human Behavior
Impact)
     * Security Protocols (for Identification and Authentication,
Confidentiality and Privacy, and Integrity)
     * Security Measurements
     * Trust Management

*******************************************************
Submission Details:
Authors are invited to submit original papers (written in english) not
previously published nor submitted in parallel for publication to any
other conference, workshop or journal. All submissions will be subjected
to thorough blind review by at least three reviewers (if the paper
involved a Program Committee member, the paper will be reviewed at least
by five reviewers). All submitted papers should be anonymous with no
author(s) names, affiliations, acknowledgments, nor obvious references.
Each paper should begin with a title, a short abstract, and a list of
keywords, following the template indicated by Springer at:
http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html
The papers will be in .pdf format, at most 10 pages long excluding
bibliography and well-marked appendices, and at most 14 pages long in
total, using at least 11-point fonts with reasonable margins. As the
reader should not be required to read any appendices, the paper should
be intelligible even without them.
20 papers will be accepted for presentation at the workshop (they will
be included in the proceedings) and 12 additional papers will be
selected to be presented as A1 poster at the workshop (they will NOT be
included in the proceedings).
If a submitted paper is mainly the result of the work of a student
author, this paper could have the chance to be selected as "Best student
paper" (even if the paper has been written with senior co-authors).
To participate to this selection process, please add the word "STUDENT"
in the affiliation field in the submission form.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register with
the Conference and present the paper. For authors presenting multiple
papers, one normal registration is valid for up to two papers.
For electronic paper submission please use the following URL:
https://wistp2007.xlim.fr/wistp2007/iChair/

*******************************************************
Awards:
     * Best student paper: 400€ + a CD-Rom version of the Handbook of
Information Security
     * Best workshop paper: 400€ + a CD-Rom version of the Handbook of
Information Security
     * Best innovative technology: Gift + a CD-Rom version of the
Handbook of Information Security

Authors of the best works in the Smart Card domain selected by the PC
co-chairs of the international conference Cardis'2008 (François-Xavier
Standaert, Gilles Grimaud) will be encouraged to submit extended and
significantly revised versions at Cardis'2008.

Some accepted papers written by French-speaking authors will be
published in a journal of the SEE (in a french version).

*******************************************************
Important Dates:
- Intention of submission: ASAP. Send a mail to [email-masked]
- Intention of attendance: ASAP. Send a mail to [email-masked]
- Paper submission:     February 1st, 2007 (23h59 UTC) - firm -
- Notification:         March 1st, 2007
- Author Registration:  March 3rd, 2007
- Camera-ready papers:  March 5th, 2007

*******************************************************
WISTP2007 Committees and Chairs:

- Workshop Organization Chair:
   Damien Sauveron. XLIM, University of Limoges, France

- Workshop Organizing Committee:
   Angelos Bilas. FORTH-ICS & University of Crete, Greece
   Konstantinos Markantonakis. ISG-SCC, Royal Holloway University of
London, UK
   Damien Sauveron. XLIM, University of Limoges, France

- Workshop co-chairs:
   Jean-Jacques Quisquater. DICE, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
   Konstantinos Markantonakis. ISG-SCC, Royal Holloway University of
London, UK

- Workshop Program Committee:
   François Arnault. XLIM, University of Limoges, France
   Angelos Bilas. FORTH-ICS & University of Crete, Greece
   Christophe Bidan, SSIR, Supélec, France
   Pierre-François Bonnefoi. XLIM, University of Limoges, France
   Serge Chaumette. LaBRI, University Bordeaux 1, France
   Pierre Dusart. XLIM, University of Limoges, France
   Eduardo Fernández-Medina Patón. Alarcos Research Group, University of
Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
   Theodoulos Garefalakis, Department of Mathematics, University of
Crete, Greece
   Dieter Gollmann. Security in Distributed Applications, Institutes of
the TU Hamburg-Harburg, Germany
   Stefanos Gritzalis. Info-Sec-Lab, University of the Aegean, Greece
   Olivier Heen. Security Laboratory, Thomson R&D, France
   Sokratis Katsikas. Info-Sec-Lab, University of the Aegean, Greece
   Javier Lopez. Computer Science Department, University of Malaga, Spain
   Konstantinos Markantonakis. ISG-SCC, Royal Holloway University of
London, UK
   Evangelos P. Markatos. FORTH-ICS & University of Crete, Greece
   Fabio Martinelli. Information Security Group,  IIT-CNR, Italy
   Keith Mayes. ISG-SCC, Royal Holloway University of London, UK
   Jan de Meer. smartspacelab.eu, Brandenburg Technical University
(BTU), Germany
   Pierre Paradinas. CEDRIC, CNAM, France
   Kenny Paterson. ISG, Royal Holloway University of London, UK
   Joachim Posegga, Security in Distributed Systems, University of
Hamburg, Germany
   Jean-Jacques Quisquater. DICE, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
   Pierangela Samarati. Department of Information Technologies,
University of Milan, Italy
   Damien Sauveron. XLIM, University of Limoges, France
   Paulo Jorge Esteves Veríssimo, LASIGE, University of Lisboa, Portugal

*******************************************************
Keynote Speakers:
- Professor Fred Piper, ISG (Information Security Group), Royal Holloway
University of London, UK
- Professor Jean-Pierre Hubaux, LCA ( Laboratory for computer Communications
and Applications), EPFL, Switzerland
- Stephanie Manning, Chief Engineer, Research and Development, Vodafone
Group Services Limited
- TBA

*******************************************************
Opportunities for students:
To help the students looking for a PhD thesis or a postdoctoral
position, we will propose them to add a colorized sticker on their
badge. In the same way, we will propose to persons offering these
positions to add a sticker with a different color. We hope this
mechanism will help to support the exchanges between young and senior
researchers.

*******************************************************
Thanks to our main sponsors:
Crisp Telecom
Eurosmart
Elopsys
Limousin Expansion
Nokia
Vodafone
WILEY

*******************************************************
We hope you will be interested by this event.
For further inquiries, please contact the secretariat at
[email-masked]

Best regards,
-- 
Damien Sauveron

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6