Subject: [Mip6] DSMIP6 solution and integrated bootstrap scenario

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:35:42 -0500

Hi all,

I see that in the DSMIP6 I-D (draft-ietf-mip6-nemo-v4traversal-03.txt)
we have the following sentence in section 2.1 Home Agent Address
Discover

"
The preferred solution for discovering the home agent's IPv4 address is
through the Domain Name System (DNS).
"

The preferred solution for discovering Home Agent Address in the
integrated bootstrap scenario is DHCP not DNS. We need to address this
issue.

-Kuntal

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:17:05 -0600

So are you saying that the DNS approach is invalid?
Or the fact that we have two different mechanisms for HA discovery?

We need to converge on a single approach.

-Raj