Subject: [Mip6] host config options in MIP6

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:49:47 -0500

Hi all,

We submitted a draft to define how the MN can obtain configuration
information via MIP6 signaling. The draft is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bharatia-mip6-gen-ext-01.txt

Here is the abstract:

   This document describes the mechanism for providing the host
   configuration information during Mobile IPv6 Binding Update
   procedure.  The Configuration Options extension may be included in
   the Mobile IPv6 Binding Update message for requesting the home agent
   to include configuration parameters needed for network service usage
   (e.g.  DNS).  The requested information is provided by the Home Agent
   in one or more Configuration Options extensions.

Similar concept is being standardized in MIP4.

We appreciate your review and comments.

BR,
Kuntal

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6