Subject: [Mip6] Multicast Mobility mailing list

From: "Suresh Krishnan \(QB/EMC\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:42:59 -0400

Hi Folks,
 
We wanted to inform you that we have created a new mailing list in order
to discuss the interactions occuring between mobility and multicast. We
invite anyone interested in contributing to the work to subscribe and
collaborate. To register visit the list page at:
 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob
 
Several of you have expressed interest in this work and some documents
already exist without a home working group.
 
The primary problem that we foresee being discussed in the mailing list
is issues with Multicast listener (receiver) mobility for multicast
routing. There are several other associated problems like sender
mobility, which can also be discussed.
 
Thanks
Suresh and Behcet

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:20:01 -0700

Hello Suresh,

I would suggest mobopts as one venue for this work. Some
proposals have already been presented in the mobopts group
on this topic. We could do the work in the mobopts group
and once they are stable enough, bring them to the MIPSHOP
or the MIP6 WG for standardization.

Vijay

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:05:22 +0200

Do we have some information about the usage of multicast on the Internet?

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:24:41 +0200

> Do we have some information about the usage of multicast on the Internet?

Some RFCs on the Standards Track?

Do we have some information about the non-usage of multicast on the 
Internet?

Alex

>> mobility, which can also be discussed.

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________

---

From: Frank Xia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:13:44 -0500

Hi Alex, Hannes 

Last year,  in San Diego meeting , I gave a presentation about multicast fast handover 
which received many good feedbacks.

It is time to discuss multicast mobility, because it could be a challenge technical point 
when mobile IPTV is deployed on WiMAX, 3G networks.

BR
Frank