Subject: [Mip6] Protocol Action: 'Mobility Header Home Agent Switch Message' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:54:57 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobility Header Home Agent Switch Message '
   <draft-ietf-mip6-ha-switch-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-ha-switch-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies a new Mobility Header message type that can
  be used between a home agent and mobile node to signal a mobile node
  that it should acquire a new home agent.

Working Group Summary

  This I-D has been presented to the WG and discussed in WG meetings
  several times. There is strong consensus on the need for the message
  extension being specified in this I-D.

Document Quality

  No known implementations of this protocol extension exist at the
  present time. However there is interest by several vendors in
  implementing this extension. All the relevant reviewers have been
  acknowledged. The I-D has not been reviewed by MIB doctors since it
  does not specify a MIB.

  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6