Subject: Re: [MEXT] MEXT Rechartering

From: Shinta Sugimoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:22:53 +0900

Hello Marcelo,

We would like to ask for adding a new item to the MEXT charter to
define interaction between Mobile IPv6 and IPsec/IKE.

We have been working on this topic since 2005 and the issues and
solutions are described in the following internet draft [1].
Although the draft is currently expired, we are making a new revision
according to the report from implementers and the latest discussion
on MIPv6 WG mailing list about DSMIPv6-IKE interaction.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-sugimoto-mip6-pfkey-migrate-03.txt

We are also aware of the recent work by Deng et al.[2], but we are
not exactly sure about what the relation between the two drafts is yet.
Anyway, we believe that it is useful to produce the document
(an informational RFC) which defines the interaction between MIPv6
and IPsec/IKE (Note: "MIPv6" refers to both RFC 3775 and DSMIPv6,
and "IKE" refers to both IKEv1 and IKEv2) and we hope that the
MEXT WG takes this work item.  And we are definitely willing to make
the contribution.

I am regretful to say that I will not be attending the IETF meeting
this time, but will follow the discussion on the mailing list.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-sugimoto-mip6-pfkey-migrate-03.txt
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-qi-mip6-ikev2-interfacing-01.txt

Regards,
Shinta

marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:
> Hi folks,
> 
> Even though the WG just been created, we already have some new items 
> that people seem to be interested in including in the MEXT charter, so 
> we would like to open that discussion right away. Moreover, we are 
> planning to devote part of the next meeting in Vancouver to discuss 
> possible additional items to be included in the MEXT charter in the 
> rechartering process.
> 
> So in order to do this process, we would like that if you have items 
> that you think should be included in the charter, please send a proposal 
> to the MEXT ml so it can be discussed and also if you want to include it 
> as part of the MEXT meeting rechartering discussion, ask for a slot.
> 
> 
> Thanks, marcelo
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MEXT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext
> 

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "Hui Deng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 21:27:44 -0800

Thanks Sugimoto-san's suggestion,

I include your draft together with Jari's draft as well in the
presentation slides.

-Hui

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 15:24:57 +0100

Hi Shinta,

Hui has presnetd this proposed recharter item in the meeting and  
there was some interest. At this point, we need to understand what  
things are more inmportant to work on, since we won't be taking all  
th work. I think you should try to figure out what is the proposed  
text that would cover both of your ideas and present the motivations  
to the wg why this is importnat to work in the short term, in termos  
of why this is critical for MIPv6/nemo deployment

Regards, marcelo

El 03/12/2007, a las 2:22, Shinta Sugimoto escribió:

>> Even though the WG just been created, we already have some new  
>> items that people seem to be interested in including in the MEXT  
>> charter, so we would like to open that discussion right away.  
>> Moreover, we are planning to devote part of the next meeting in  
>> Vancouver to discuss possible additional items to be included in  
>> the MEXT charter in the rechartering process.
>> So in order to do this process, we would like that if you have  
>> items that you think should be included in the charter, please  
>> send a proposal to the MEXT ml so it can be discussed and also if  
>> you want to include it as part of the MEXT meeting rechartering  
>> discussion, ask for a slot.
>> Thanks, marcelo

---

From: Shinta Sugimoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:09:52 +0900

Hello Marcelo,

Thank you for your consideration.

Yes, we understand that the MEXT WG needs privatization of the work
items as there seem to be too many proposed work items.
As you suggest, we will contact Hui and his colleagues and try to
figure out the texts that cover both of our work and explanation of
why it is important for the MIPv6/NEMO deployment.

Thanks again for your support and help.

Regards,
Shinta

marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:
> Hi Shinta,
> 
> Hui has presnetd this proposed recharter item in the meeting and there 
> was some interest. At this point, we need to understand what things are 
> more inmportant to work on, since we won't be taking all th work. I 
> think you should try to figure out what is the proposed text that would 
> cover both of your ideas and present the motivations to the wg why this 
> is importnat to work in the short term, in termos of why this is 
> critical for MIPv6/nemo deployment
> 
> Regards, marcelo
> 
> 
>>> that people seem to be interested in including in the MEXT charter, 
>>> so we would like to open that discussion right away. Moreover, we are 
>>> that you think should be included in the charter, please send a 
>>> proposal to the MEXT ml so it can be discussed and also if you want 
>>> to include it as part of the MEXT meeting rechartering discussion, 
>>> ask for a slot.
>>> Thanks, marcelo

---

From: "Hui Deng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:13:19 +0800

Thanks Shinta,
We will do this asap.

-Hui