Subject: [Mip6] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Why Authentication Data suboption is needed for MIP6
	Author(s)       : B. Patil, G. Dommety
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-06.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-14

Mobile IPv6 defines a set of signaling messages that enable the
mobile node (MN) to authenticate and perform registration with its
home agent (HA).  These authentication signaling messages between the
mobile node and home agent are secured by an IPsec SA that is
established between the MN and HA.  The MIP6 working group has
specified a mechanism to secure the binding update and binding
acknowledgement messages using an authentication option, similar to
the authentication option in Mobile IPv4, carried within the messages
that are exchanged between the MN and HA to establish a binding.
This document provides the justifications as to why the
authentication option mechanism was needed for Mobile IPv6 deployment
in certain environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6