Subject: [MEXT] draft-bauer-mext-aero-topology-00

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-RCN0)[VZ]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:42:55 -0500

I think this draft is a very positive contribution to the WG, and subsequent
revisions and discussions around the draft will help us to bridge the gaps
between IETF and the aero folks.
 
A few comments I have for discussion are:
 
1) In section 3.2, referring to the "lACSP #3" node in FIgure 1, the text
describes it as being "an airport data link operated by the airport company,
although this is not existing by the time this was written."
 
My question is, does this refer to Gatelink (or Wireless Gatelink), and if
so, doesn't that already exist?
 
2) Is it worth saying specifically that the 2 global ACSPs that currently
exist are specialized providers (ARINC and SITA) and not typical telecom
service providers?  To me, this has 2 benefits: (a) it makes us consider
the operational impact of our solution on this kind of niche provider
compared to a typical telecom provider with differing business and
technology cycles, and (b) it may make the *potential* for use of the
Internet through commodity providers as a lower-cost alternative to link
ANSPs and/or provide ground-ground transport between data link ground
stations and other sites.
 
3) In 3.3.2 on AOS, the "..." is used to represent the possibility of
multiple networks between 2 nodes; can the Internet be one?  If there
is even a possibility of that, then we should mention it.  This would
further motivate solutions that play nice with global BGP operations,
beyond what has already been stated in the requirements draft.

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext