Subject: [MEXT] ETSI TC ITS Liaison

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:07:56 +0200

Folks,

The European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) has created a 
new Technical Committee TC ITS whose task is to develop standards, 
specifications and other deliverables to support development and 
implementation of ITS Service provision across the network, for 
transport networks, vehicles and transport users.

We have received a Liaison Letter from ETSI TC ITS:

<https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file573.doc>

They have designated Andreas Festag (Chairman of the TC ITS WG3 - 
Transport and Networks) as a Liaison to the IETF MEXT WG. It is good 
that we have someone that can speak on the behalf of ETSI TC ITS.

>From our side, given the current workload involved with work on NEMO 
route optimization for the automotive usecases, we do not foresee a 
need to have a designated Liaison since the WG can communicate with 
ETSI TC ITS in a simple way, i.e. reach WG consensus on what is our 
input to them, and get that input approved by our Area Director, Jari.

If the workload involved with with work on NEMO route optimization for 
the automotive usecases increases as to justify designating a Liaison 
to ETSI TC ITS, we can of course reconsider that decision.

Please feel free to express your thoughts on the above, if any, on the 
MEXT mailing list.

--julien & marcelo, MEXT chairs
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext