Subject: [Mipshop] Stateful NCoA Configuration for FMIPv6

From: "Seok J. Koh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:05:44 +0900

Hi there,

An I-D on "Address Pool based Stateful NCoA Configuration for FMIPv6"
is now uploaded at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-mipshop-stateful-fmipv6-00.txt

The contents of the I-D inlcudes:
* Framework of Address Pool based Stateful NCoA Configuration 
- NCoA Pools for Fast Handover Support 
- Reactive Stateful NCoA Configuration 
- Proactive Stateful NCoA Configuration 
* Impacts on FMIPv6 

The abstract is given below. 
Any comments or view on that would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Seok J. Koh

<Abstract> 
  
    The DAD procedure for NCoA validation is a burden for achieving the 
    fast MIPv6 handover. The existing stateless and DHCPv6-based stateful 
    NCoA configuration schemes are all concerned with the DAD process at 
    NAR. This document describes an NCoA address pool based stateful NCoA 
    configuration for MIPv6 fast handover (FMIPv6). To reduce the DAD 
    handling time during the handover, the NCoA pools are established at 
    NAR (in the reactive stateful scheme) or PAR (in the proactive 
    stateful scheme). An NCoA pool maintains a list of NCoAs already 
    confirmed by the corresponding NAR. In response to a handover request, 
    the NAR or PAR will allocate a confirmed NCoA to the MN. By the 
    address pool based stateful NCoA configuration, the handover latency 
    can be significantly reduced, and a tunneling for handover can be 
    extended to an NCoA address, instead of NAR. 

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop