Subject: [Mipshop] about FMIPv6 RFC

From: "GAABAB Brahim RD-CORE-CAE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:59:13 +0200

Hello,

When reading the Fast Handover specification (RFC 4068), I have
difficulities in understanding two things :

First, what is meant by the term "assigned addressing". It is used in
section 4 to describe what an nAR does on receiving a HI (top of the
page 13) ? Does it mean the case where only centralized addressing
(DHCP) is allowed ?

Second, I cannot understand for which cases a HI message with a code
value 1 is useful. Continue below...
In the bottom of page 12 (section 4), it is mentioned that "
      When
   the source IP address of the FBU is not PCoA, i.e., the FBU is sent
   from the NAR's link, the HI message MUST have a Code value of 1; see
   Section 6.2.1."

And in section 6.2.1, it is mentioned that "
   The Handover Initiate (HI) is an ICMPv6 message sent by an Access
   Router (typically PAR) to another Access Router (typically NAR) to
   initiate the process of a MN's handover."

Those both mean that, in case where the FBU is sent from the nAR link,
HI/Hack exchnange is possible and is done as below :

              MN                    PAR                  NAR
               |                     |                    |
               |------RtSolPr------->|                    |
               |<-----PrRtAdv--------|                    |
               |                     |                    |
            disconnect               |                    |
               |                     |                    |
               |                     |                    |
            connect                  |                    |
               |------FNA[FBU]-------|------------------->|
               |                     |<-----FBU-----------|
               |                     |                    |
               |                     |-------------HI---->|
               |                     |<-------------Hack--|  		
               |                     |                    |
               |                     |------FBack-------->|
               |                   forward                |
               |                   packets===============>|
               |                     |                    |
               |<=================================== deliver packets
               |                                          |

Is this correct ? Or is there some thing that I missed here ??
Your clarifications are welcome !

Regards
_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop