Subject: [Mipshop] [New I-D] Proactive Care-of Address Test for Route Optimization in FMIPv6

From: "Ji Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:46:08 +0100

Dear all,

This draft proposes a simple way to run the care-of address test (part of
the Return Routability test for Mobile IPv6 route optimization) in a
proactive way in FMIPv6. Any comments are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ji

============================================================================
=============
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

 Title  : Proactive Care-of Address Test for Route Optimization in FMIPv6
 Author(s) : J. Zhang, D. Pearce
 Filename : draft-zhang-mipshop-proactive-cot-00.txt
 Pages  : 12
 Date  : 2005-8-10

   This document proposes a practical scheme to run the care-of address
   test (part of the Return Routability test for Mobile IPv6 route
   optimization) in a proactive way in the context of the Fast Handovers
   for Mobile IPv6 (FMIPv6) protocol, so that the latency caused by the
   care-of address test after movements can be removed or reduced.
   Proactive care-of address test can make the Return Rroutability
   protocol more suitable for delay sensitive applications especially
   when it is applied in conjunction with other Return Routability
   optimization schemes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-mipshop-proactive-cot-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 05:47:18 -0400

FYI, there is another way of proactively performing route
optimization.  You might take a look at section 5.6 of
draft-ohba-mobopts-mpa-framework-01.txt.  MPA-based proactive route
optimization is also implemented (please see
draft-ohba-mobopts-mpa-implementation-01.txt).

Best regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: "Ji Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:03:40 +0100

Hi Yoshihiro,

Thanks for pointing me to these two drafts. I'd like to read them sometime.

Regards,
Ji