Subject: [Mipshop] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-03

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:46:06 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-03.txt has been successfuly submitted by Rajeev Koodli and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers
Creation_date:	 2007-10-17
WG ID:		 mipshop
Number_of_pages: 43

Abstract:
Mobile IPv6 enables a Mobile Node to maintain its connectivity to the
Internet when moving from an Access Router to another, a process
referred to as handover.  During this time, the Mobile Node is unable
to send or receive packets due to both link switching delay and IP
protocol operations.  The "handover latency" resulting from standard
Mobile IPv6 procedures, namely, movement detection, new Care of
Address configuration and Binding Update, is often unacceptable to
real-time traffic such as Voice over IP.  Reducing the handover
latency could be beneficial to non real-time, throughput-sensitive
applications as well.  This document specifies a protocol to improve
handover latency due to Mobile IPv6 procedures.  This document does
not address improving the link switching latency.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop