Subject: [Mipshop] CFP: 14th International Conference on Intelligent Environments - Submission Deadline: 25 January 2018

From: Alessandra De Paola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 10:56:41 +0100

**************************** CALL FOR PAPERS ****************************

                      14th International Conference on
                     Intelligent Environments (IE 2018)

                                June 25-26, 2018
                                       Rome, Italy

                                 Special Session on
    "Understanding Smart Environments through the Social Networks"

                                http://www.intenv.org/

**********************************************************************************

The concept of Intelligent Environment (IE) has matured into a vision of a
technological ecosystem adaptive to human needs and active along human
intentions. Every year research endeavour advances towards this vision. The
IE’18 provides an open platform for interactive discussion, sharing
expertise and scientific socialization.

Relevant research topics include, but are not limited to:
- Theories and Models
- Artificial and Computational Intelligence
- Multimodal Human-Computer Interaction
- Reliability, Privacy and Trust
- Internet of Things, Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing
- Virtual, Mixed and Augmented Reality
- Technology, Methodologies and Tools
- Agent Technologies
- Development Processes and Tools
- Networking and Communication
- Sensors and Actuators
- Applications
- Ambient Assisted Living
- Mobility Support
- Robotic Companions
- Energy Efficiency
- Support for Productive Collaborations
- Technology Supported Education
- Smart Farming
- Smart Cities
- Smart Communities
- Smart Toursim
- Industry 4.0
- Systems and Infrastructures
- Architecture and Design
- Intelligent and Smart Spaces
- System Architecture and Middleware for Intelligent Environments
- Evaluation and Corpora
- Evaluation Paradigms and Campaigns
- Data Acquisition, Labelling and Data Sets
- User Studies and Trials

All the papers accepted in the main conference will be electronically
available through IEEE Xplore (pending). The Intelligent Environments
conference is currently indexed by both EI Compendex and Thomson's Web of
Science (Thomson ISI) and the 2018 edition will also be submitted for
indexing.

All papers accepted in the Workshops program will be published as a volume
of the Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments Series (ISI indexed) by
IOS Press (pending), which will also be Open Access, and be made
electronically available through the ACM Digital Library (pending).

In addition to the usual tracks this year we have some Special Sessions,
such the Special Session on "Understanding Smart Environments through the
Social Networks"

===== Cfp Understanding Smart Environments through the Social Networks =====

In recent years, the widespread diffusion of social networks not only has
enabled people to new forms of interaction within virtual communities, but
it has also created a new paradigm for sharing information in a pervasive
way.
Nowadays, the vast majority of the 3 billion active social media users
access the network via mobile devices. One of the interesting consequences
is that they represent one of the most valuable sources of information in
order to get a meaningful understanding of the events all over the world.
On the other hand, the availability of sensors capable of measuring almost
any physical quantity makes it increasingly easier to realize the concept
of a smart environment, as in the case of smart cities.
In this scenario, analysing the contents shared through the social networks
represents an effective way to be aware of relevant phenomena concerning
cities and their citizens. Here, the social media users can be regarded as
human sensors producing real-time data that can be exploited to support
critical tasks, e.g., urban security monitoring, mobility management, early
warning of environmental disasters, and to allow the administration to
timely take the proper countermeasures.

This special session aims at getting together original contributions
regarding different aspects of social networks analysis in the context of
smart environments.
Suitable papers should address the definition of novel data analysis
algorithms, the design of innovative architectures, the proposal of
original frameworks supporting new applications and services that can cause
relevant improvements in the direction of smart environments understanding.
Besides these objectives, relevant contributions could focus on related
matters such as social network security, trust, and privacy.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Machine learning and data mining in social networks;
- Social network applications and services for innovative smart
environments;
- Security, trust and reputation in social networks;
- Information propagation;
- Topics, trends, and knowledge discovery;
- Social network simulation and modelling;
- Large-scale data representation for social network analysis;
- Big data and social media;
- Collaborative social systems;
- Impact of social networking on smart communities and environments.

=========================================================================

Important Dates: http://www.intenv.org/?q=conferences/ie18/ImportantDates

MAIN CONFERENCE / SPECIAL SESSIONS PAPERS

Submission Deadline (extended):

Abstract 15th January 2018
Paper 25th January 2018

Notification to Authors:  27th February 2018
Camera Ready Deadline  30th March 2018

WORKSHOP PAPERS

Submission Deadline:  10th March 2018
Notification to Authors:  10th April 2018
Camera Ready Deadline:  15th April 2017

-------------------------------------------------------------
Alessandra De Paola - Ph.D.
DIID - Dipartimento dell'Innovazione Industriale e Digitale
Università degli Studi di Palermo
Viale delle Scienze, Edificio 6, 3° piano
90128 Palermo
phone: +39 091 238 62604
e-mail: [email-masked]