Subject: [MLS] Virgil Security would like to join the MLS development process

From: "Alexey Ermishkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 18:28:39 +0500

Hi, my name's Alex Ermishkin.
I'm Chief Product Security Officer at Virgil Security, Inc. which focuses on
delivering end-to-end encryption-based solutions to developers and
businesses.
We are the guys behind NoiseSocket protocol, a TLS alternative without
certificates, which is now in active development together with the author of
the Noise Protocol Framework (noiseprotocol.org) and the Signal protocol,
Trevor Perrin.
We would like to offer help in implementing MLS drafts along the way. We
already have open source SDKs for 9 platforms
(https://github.com/VirgilSecurity) and would like all of them to support
MLS.
Is it still possible to become a member of the working group?
We could provide real world protocol implementations, test integrations,
feedback from the real customers.
Let us know if you'd be interested in talking.

---

From: Nadim Kobeissi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 14:01:53 +0000

Hi Alexey,
I think it's possible for you to simply follow along the MLS development
process, offering suggestions and feedback along the way, same as myself or
anyone else.

If you would like to develop implementations, test integration, etc. also,
that is something you can do out of your own volition as the standard
progresses and matures, without asking for permission or obtaining some
kind of agreement with anyone. Then, you can share your work, progress and
findings with the list, and everyone can provide feedback and learn from
your work.

Regards,

Nadim Kobeissi
Symbolic Software • https://symbolic.software
Sent from office

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Alexey Ermishkin <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> MLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mls
>

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 14:13:08 +0000

There's no formal membership process here -- just contribute!  The only
constraint is that you need to declare any patents you're aware of.

So yeah, have a look at the docs, send some comments to the list or PRs to
the repo, and let us know how your implementation is going!

---

From: "Alexey Ermishkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 19:35:10 +0500

Thanks, that’s a good advice. Anyway, you can count on us!

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 7:13 PM
To: Nadim Kobeissi <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alexey Ermishkin <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MLS] Virgil Security would like to join the MLS development process

There's no formal membership process here -- just contribute!  The only constraint is that you need to declare any patents you're aware of. 

So yeah, have a look at the docs, send some comments to the list or PRs to the repo, and let us know how your implementation is going!

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 14:02 Nadim Kobeissi <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > wrote:

Hi Alexey,

I think it's possible for you to simply follow along the MLS development process, offering suggestions and feedback along the way, same as myself or anyone else.

If you would like to develop implementations, test integration, etc. also, that is something you can do out of your own volition as the standard progresses and matures, without asking for permission or obtaining some kind of agreement with anyone. Then, you can share your work, progress and findings with the list, and everyone can provide feedback and learn from your work.

Regards,

Nadim Kobeissi

Sent from office

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Alexey Ermishkin <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > wrote:

the Noise Protocol Framework (noiseprotocol.org <http://noiseprotocol.org> ) and the Signal protocol,

_______________________________________________
MLS mailing list
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mls

_______________________________________________
MLS mailing list
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mls