Subject: [MLS] Weekly github digest (MLS Working Group summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 03:32:48 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - Add IANA considerations for Extensions  (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/312 

Pull requests
-------------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+7/-13/💬9)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Change expiration extension to lifetime extension. (by Bren2010)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/317 
  - Update changelog for KeyPackage (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/316 
  - ClientInitKey -> KeyPackage (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/315 
  - Fix build and update changelog (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/314 
  - Clarify signature algorithm requirements (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/313 
  - Review of section 7. (by Bren2010)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/311 
  - Fix identation and remove some vestigial stuff from the key schedule. (by Bren2010)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/310 

  3 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #308 Remove nonce from SenderData AAD. (6 by Bren2010, beurdouche, bifurcation, britXta)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/308 
  - #296 Flesh out the extensions story (2 by Bren2010, bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/296 
  - #274 Fix contexts and simplify key schedule (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/274 [? follow-up] [enhancement] [security] [work in progress] 

  13 pull requests merged:
  - Update changelog for KeyPackage
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/316 
  - ClientInitKey -> KeyPackage
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/315 
  - Fix build and update changelog
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/314 
  - Clarify signature algorithm requirements
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/313 
  - Use HKDF to derive key pairs
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/304 [ready to merge] 
  - Bring back more ciphersuites
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/279 [enhancement] [ready to merge] 
  - DE-related text
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/307 [editorial] 
  - Flesh out the extensions story
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/296 [editorial] [functionality] [security] 
  - Review of section 7.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/311 [editorial] 
  - Mandate expiration of ClientInitKeys and presence of some extensions
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/275 [enhancement] [ready to merge] [security] 
  - Update MLSPlaintextTBS struct to match MLSPlaintext.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/309 
  - Use the same ratchet for Handshake and Application keys
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/283 [discussion] [privacy] [ready to merge] [security] 
  - Fix identation and remove some vestigial stuff from the key schedule.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/310 [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation