Subject: [MMUSIC] about rtsp standard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:27:13 +0800 (CST)

Hi
 I have problem,I looked at rfc of rtsp (rfc2326)
 it talking of   use play command, If no range is specified in the request, the current position is returned in the reply.
 plaease tell me about us for play and redirect,thank you

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:32:03 +0200

Hi c1227187,

I think you ask what is the applicability of the following paragraph 
from section 10.5

  "For a on-demand stream, the server replies with the actual range that
   will be played back. This may differ from the requested range if
   alignment of the requested range to valid frame boundaries is
   required for the media source. If no range is specified in the
   request, the current position is returned in the reply. The unit of
   the range in the reply is the same as that in the request."

The reasons for having the server respond with a range header is let the 
client know exactly where the stream starts. This is important for two 
reasons. The primarily reason is that the client can synchronize the 
different media. To be able to do that it must match the RTP-Info header 
information with the corresponding NPT time of the stream. Secondly it 
allows the client to set any playback clock, slide bar to the correct 
position.

I hope that you know about the work to evolve RTSP to draft standard. A 
first version of the bis spec is out, but it still lacks rather many 
bugs. See draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-00.txt. The bugs are tracked at 
"http://rtspspec.sourceforge.net" and information about over telecons 
are available at "http://rtsp.org"

Regards

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund 

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research ERA/T/VA
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson Radio Systems AB  | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic