Subject: [MMUSIC] SDG ALG behaviour

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:51:34 +0200

Hi all,

I was wondering if there exists something like a standard or recommended
behaviour for SDP ALGs (application level gateways).
If for instance a dual stack host provides two IP addresses (IPv4 &
IPv6) in his SDP and at some point in the network SIP level interworking
is needed:
1) Does the SDP interworking have to take place at the same location?
The SIP interworking location might not always be aware if the IP
version of the end-host thereby maybe introducing an unnecessary
interworking at the media level.
2) Will the SDP ALGs be smart enough to see that interworking at SDP
level is not needed as two IP addresses are provided? Or is the default
behaviour that, if for instance a NAT-PT is needed for SIP automatically
also one for the RTP streams will be inserted.

Regards,
    Suresh

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic