Subject: [MMUSIC] Grouping of media lines in SDP draft

From: "Josh Perfetto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:50:59 -0700

Hello,

In the recent draft, <draft-ietf-mmusic-fid-06.txt>, which I believe was
recently submitted to become an RFC, semantics for stream selection (i.e.
where the same stream exists in multiple formats, to be chosen by the
player) seems almost purposely ignored.  Was that the case (perhaps because
this is to be addressed by SDPng?).  Or is there another standardized way to
do this?

-Josh

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:16:48 +0300

Hello,

The draft defines a framework to group media lines and then defines two
particular semantics for doing so. If you need to use different
semantics than the ones already defined in the draft, you can define an
extension. In fact, there are already different groups of people working
on new semantics to be used with the group framework (being floor
control one of them).

Regards,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo