Subject: [MMUSIC] Contunuing the discussion on QoS within SDPng

From: Teodora Guenkova-Luy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:14:49 +0100

Dear MMUSIC Folks,

For quite some time we published the draft 
"draft-guenkova-mmusic-e2enp-sdpng-00" with requirements about quality 
of service (QoS) negotiation protocol as an SDPng enhancement.
Alas, up to now we did not manage to come up with a specification draft 
for the End-to-End Negotiation Protocol (E2ENP) for QoS. Nevertheless, 
we already produced some detailed results in this direction within the 
scope of the IST-MIND Project. These results consider the current state 
of the MMUSIC discussion on QoS for SDPng. The major idea behind these 
results is the consideration of both transport level and application 
level QoS and the possibility to appropriately associate them and 
formally describe them in a form of an SDPng extension.

The documentation (IST-MIND Deliverable 1.2) is available under:

http://www.ist-mind.org/deliverables.htm

(the Adobe Icon under "Deliverable 1.2 Top-level architecture for 
providing seamless QoS, security, accounting and mobility to 
applications and services")

or under:

http://www.dit.upm.es/~ist-mind/deliverables/MIND_D12.pdf 
<http://www.dit.upm.es/%7Eist-mind/deliverables/MIND_D12.pdf>

The mentioned results are the Annex A of this deliverable.

We would like to encourage all the interested parties to take a look at 
those results. Thus, we would like to catch up with the discussion about 
QoS in SDPng, which hopefully would lead to a successful QoS 
specification for SDPng we intend to produce by reaching a common 
viewpoint on the problem "QoS"..

Best Regards,
Teodora Guenkova-Luy

-- 
-----------------------------------------
Teodora Guenkova-Luy
Dept. Distributed Systems, University of Ulm, 
Oberer Eselsberg, 89069 Ulm, Germany

Tel.: +49 (0731) 502-4148 
FAX: +49 (0731) 502-4142 

e-Mail: [email-masked] 
-----------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic