Subject: [MMUSIC] Comments on draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-03.txt

From: Kostas Katrinis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:16:27 +0200

Dear all,

although the draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-03.txt 
expired last March, I wanted to ask some guideline questions on this:

- according to the functionality offered by SIP as mentioned in RFC 
3261, SIP is responsible for creation/termination and management of 
sessions. As such, is it in the scope of SIP (or of services implemented
via SIP messages) to facilitate also conference control?
As an example,in
draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-03.txt the following
functionality is posed as a required service(citing the draft):
"   REQ -2: Given a conference identifier, a means MUST be defined for a
    user agent to remove a participant from the conference."

Given that participant 1 (that is authorized to remove a participant) 
does not have the dialog information in order to remove participant 2
from the conference, participant 1 should first signal the conference
server the command to remove participant 2 from the conference and then
the conference focus should take over the removal of participant 2.
Now, should the instruction from the removal issued from the participant 
1 to the focus be implemented with SIP means or with another
proprietary protocol?

- regarding the conference policy control protocol, is there any 
provision to standardize it? Will it be implemented in SIP scope 
(additional SIP messages) or by defining a new protocol?

Thank you in advance,
Kostas Katrinis

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic