Subject: [MMUSIC] CFP: WEDELMUSIC 2004, Barcelona, Spain - DEADLINE EXTENDED

From: WEDELMUSIC2004 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 02:26:16 +0100 (MET)

Sorry for any multiple reception of this message.
If you do not want to receive further information about WEDELMUSIC 2004,
please send back an e-mail with REMOVE on the subject.

The topics of this e-mail are:

Call for Papers, EXTENDED submission deadline: 20th March 2004
    4th International Conference on Web Delivering of Music, WEDELMUSIC 2004
    Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain 
    13th-15th September 2004

Announcement of co-location of
    4th Open Workshop MUSICNETWORK
    Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain 
    14th-16th September 2004

Call for participation
    3rd Open Workshop MUSICNETWORK
    MPEG AHG on Music Notation Requirements
    Munich, Germany
    13-14 of March 2004

Best regards,

    Paolo Nesi, Jaime Delgado, Kia Ng

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Call for Papers
4th International Conference on Web Delivering of Music, WEDELMUSIC 2004
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain 
13th-15th September 2004

http://www.upf.edu/wedelmusic2004/    http://www.wedelmusic.org/

Content distribution is presently not anymore limited to music and is becoming more 
cross media oriented. New distribution models for old and new content formats are 
opening new paths: i-TV, mobile phones, PDAs, etc. The development of the Internet 
technologies introduces strong impact on system architectures and business processes. 
New national and international regulations, policies and market evolution are 
constraining the distribution mechanisms. Novel distribution models, development 
and application of pervasive computing and multimedia strongly influence this multi-
disciplinary field. The need of content control and monitoring is demanding effective 
Digital Rights Management (DRM) solutions integrated with sustainable business and 
transaction models. These technologies impact on the production and modelling of 
cross media content.

WEDELMUSIC-2004 aims to explore these major topics in cross media field, to address 
novel approaches for distributing content to larger audiences, providing wider access 
and encouraging broader participation. The impact of these developments on cultural 
heritage is also considered, together with their availability to people with limited 
access to content.

The conference is open to all the enabling technologies behind these problems. We 
are promoting discussion and interaction among researchers, practitioners, developers, 
final users, technology transfer experts, and project managers. 

Topics

Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to: 

--Protection formats and tools for music 
--Transaction models for delivering music, Business models for publishers 
--Copyright ownership protection 
--Digital Rights Management 
--High quality Audio Coding 
--Watermarking techniques for various media types 
--Formats and models for distribution 
--Music manipulation and analysis, transcoding, etc.. 
--Music and tools for impaired people - Braille 
--Publishers and distributors servers 
--Cross media delivery on multi-channel systems, mobile, i-TV, PDAs, Internet, etc. 
--Automatic cross media content production 
--MPEG-4, MPEG-7 and MPEG-21 
--Viewing and listening tools for music 
--Music editing and manipulation 
--Music education techniques 
--Content based retrieval 
--Conversion and digital adaptation aspects, techniques and tools 
--Music imaging, music sheet digitalisation,
--Solutions for cultural heritage valorisation 

Lok at the web site for other topics. 

Research Papers

Papers should describe original and significant work in the research and practice 
of the main topics listed above. Research case studies, applications and experiments 
are particularly welcome. Papers should be limited to approx. 2000-5000 words 
(8 pages) in length. Of the accepted paper, 8 pages will be published in the conference 
proceedings. The conference proceedings book will be published by the IEEE Computer 
Society.

Industrial Papers

Proposals for papers and reports of Applications and Tools are also welcome. 
These may consist of experiences from actual utilisation of tools or industrial 
practice and models. Proposals will be reviewed by the Industrial members of the 
Program Committee. Papers should be limited to approx. 1000-2500 words (4 pages) 
in length. Of the accepted paper, 4 pages will be published in the conference 
proceedings. 

Submissions

All submissions and proposals should be written in English following the IEEE 
format and submitted in PDF format via email to 

[email-masked] 

by  20 March 2004.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

4th Open Workshop MUSICNETWORK
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain 
14th-16th September 2004

More details and the call for contribution will appear on:
http://www.interactivemusicnetwork.org 

after the 3rd Open Workshop as described in the following section

The access is free of charge, supported by the European Commission.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Call for PARTICIPATION
3rd Open Workshop MUSICNETWORK
MPEG AHG on Music Notation Requirements
13-14 of March 2004, Munich, Germany

http://www.interactivemusicnetwork.org 
http://www.dsi.unifi.it/~nesi/mpeg/MUSICNETWORK-OW-March-2004-Description-v1-4-clean.htm
http://www.dsi.unifi.it/~nesi/mpeg/ahg-mn-65-66.html

located at:
Technische Universität München, Germany: http://www.mpeg-68.de/location.php 

The Open Workshop of MUSICNETWORK is at its third edition. The modeling of music 
notation/representation is a complex problem. Music representation can be used 
for several different purposes: entertainment, music education, infotainment, 
music archiving and retrieval, music querying, music production, music profiling, 
etc. In the current Internet and Multimedia age many other applications are 
strongly getting the market attention and most of them will become more diffuse 
of the present applications in short time. End users have discovered the multimedia 
experience, and thus, the traditional music models are going to be replaced by 
their integration with multimedia, audio visual, cross media. At present, there is 
a lack of Music Notation/Representation standard integrated with multimedia. The 
aim of this workshop is to make a further step to arrive at standardizing a Music 
Notation/Representation Model and Decoder integrated into the MPEG environment, 
that presently can be regarded as the most active and powerful set of standard 
formats for multimedia consumers. 

The topics of the workshop are related mainly focused on:

--Music Notation/Representation requirements 
--Music Protection and Distribution
--Music Description and its usage on Archive Query

Please Contribute with your work on the above topics, for details see the www site 
of the workshop.

The access is be free of charge, supported by the European Commission.
PLEASE MAKE THE REGISTRATION ON THE WWW OF THE MUSICNETWORK.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic