Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-rfc2326-06 question on trn-param-ext

From: Geetha Srikantan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:36:54 -0800

Section 17.2.3 page 112:
What is the intended use of 'trn-param-ext'?

thanks
geetha

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:05:37 +0100

Hi Geetha,

> What is the intended use of 'trn-param-ext'?

To have a clear indication that the transport header can be extended. 
Reasons for extending this will for example be new transport protocols 
that needs further parameters than currently is present. With the 
feature tag system one can ensure that the receiver of a request can 
correctly understand the request, and not skip necessary parameters.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

---

From: Geetha Srikantan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:43:07 -0800

hi Magnus,

Thanks for the explanation. It would be good to provide such an 
explanation in the
draft too.

geetha

Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> This communication is confidential and intended solely for the 
> addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution 
> is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in 
> error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and 
> delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.
>
> E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, 
> interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we 
> only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for 
> any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or 
> any consequences thereof.
>