Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-rfc2326-06 Supported header question

From: Geetha Srikantan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:08:43 -0800

Section 10, page 38:
If a server receives a Supported header with multiple values in the
request, and the server supports at least one of the options supported
by the client, should the server respond with status code 200?

thanks
geetha

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:19:42 +0100

Hi Geetha,

Thanks for the comments.

> by the client, should the server respond with status code 200?

The supported header usage does not effect what the response code will 
be. The response code is directly related to the request itself. So a 
supported header in the response shall be include even if the response 
is 400 or 500.

The supported header may be included in any request. This supported 
header will include all feature-tags supported by the requester. The 
receiver of the request must simply respond with its own supported header.

I think it is obvious that we need a bit more text on the supported 
header. The current section is very short, but there are also text in 
the capability handling section. I will add a reminder bug to extend 
this section.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

---

From: Geetha Srikantan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:40:48 -0800

hi Magnus,

Thanks for clarifying this one.

geetha