Subject: [MMUSIC] "draft-guenkova-mmusic-sdp-ng-streamtrack-00" submitted

From: Teodora Guenkova-Luy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:49:49 +0100

Dear MMUSIC Folks

We submitted to IETF the draft "draft-guenkova-mmusic-sdp-ng-streamtrack-00"

The title of this draft is: "Stream Tracking Description for Resource 
Management Guarantees in the Network".

The draft treats the following topic:
"This document defines an extension to the Session Description
Protocol (SDP) and to Session Description Protocol new generation
(SDPng - work in progress). The intention of this draft is to provide
descriptions in SDP and SDPng that specify the source port of media
streams. Such specification within the session description is
required in many network quality of service (QoS) management systems
in order to be able to track the media streams from their source to
their destination. Thus the QoS management system can differentiate
the stream tracks end-to-end and guarantee QoS for every single
media."

Until it appears on the IETF server, you can find our contribution under:
http://www-vs.informatik.uni-ulm.de/proj/qos/drafts/draft-guenkova-mmusic-sdp-ng-streamtrack-00.txt

Best Regards,
Teodora Guenkova-Luy

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Teodora Guenkova-Luy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:35:37 +0100

Dear MMUSIC Folks

We submitted to IETF the draft "draft-guenkova-mmusic-mpeg21-sdpng-00"

The title of this draft is: "Harmonization of Session and Capability 
Descriptions between SDPng and MPEG-21 Digital Item Adaptation".

The draft treats the following topic:
"The delivery and the adaptation of multimedia content in distributed,
heterogeneous environments, involving device and/or application
mobility, require flexible control and management mechanisms in the
terminals and/or in media gateways. MPEG-21 Digital Item Adaptation
(DIA) provides normative description formats supporting the
adaptation of so-called Digital Items, but it does not define
interactions with existing transport and control technologies, in
order to remain independent. This draft presents a practical approach
for harmonizing MPEG-21 DIA application with Session Description
Protocol next generation (SDPng). The proposed mechanism allows the
definition of system configurations, performance constraints and
adaptation information within the scope of SDPng using the format of
MPEG-21 DIA. Furthermore, the converged format enables the
integration of session management and negotiation protocols (e.g.
Session Initiation Protocol - SIP) that use such enhanced SDPng
descriptions within an MPEG-21 conformant environment."

Until it appears on the IETF server, you can find our contribution under:
http://www-vs.informatik.uni-ulm.de/proj/qos/drafts/draft-guenkova-mmusic-mpeg21-sdpng-00.txt

Best Regards,
Teodora Guenkova-Luy

-- 
-----------------------------------------
Teodora Guenkova-Luy

Dept. Distributed Systems, University of Ulm, 
Oberer Eselsberg, 89069 Ulm, Germany

Tel.: +49 (0731) 502-4148 
FAX: +49 (0731) 502-4142

e-Mail: [email-masked]

Home Page: http://www-vs.informatik.uni-ulm.de/~Guenkova/ 

-----------------------------------------