Subject: RE: VS: [MMUSIC] ICE: Client supports, but network doesn't

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:17:24 +0200

Hi, 

>Jonathan:
>Are you saying that you want the media to always go via the B2BUA in
this case (= the B2BUA acts as a form of relay server)?
>Or am I misunderstanding your comment?
>
>I guess my broader question is: Why is the box in the middle modifying
the  m/c line?
>I could postulate a number of reasons why (e.g. helping with NAT
traversal, trying to impose policy, trying to provide some other
service, etc).
>Which ones do we think are valid and want to support?

For the scenario we're discussing, I am not sure we need to care about
WHY the c/m lines are modified. I think it's enough that we assume that
media sent towards the c/m address will reach the other user (otherwise
there is something wrong in the network).

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:21:10 -0400

> there is something wrong in the network).

Sorry to be slow in replying.
If I understand this, then what you are saying is the following:

    If endpoint X receives an offer or answer containing one or more
    a-candidate lines, but where the address and port in the m/c line
    is NOT one of the candidates listed, then the endpoint should simply
    assume that sending media to the address in the m/c line will work.

Question:
Should endpoint X perform connectivity checks, or should
it just assume that the m/c line represents the most desirable path?

- Philip