Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'SDP: Session Description Protocol' -resolution declaration for video stream

From: Alan Bergmin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

I have a similar remark: when I read the draft draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-02 (section 6.2), I think it would be nice for some applications to be able to advertize in the SDP the display size available (in pixels) on the terminal, not only for H.263 (as in draft-ietf-avt-rfc2429-bis-08.txt), but for every format. I understand that it would not always be possible to fully use the display capabilities of the terminal according to the different codecs but it can help in some cases of session mobility.
   
  > Hi, I'm looking for the resolution declaration for video
  > stream in SDP. I didn't find anything standard for
  > declaration of video resolution - like "CIF", "QCIF",...
> SHALL be it a part of the "a=fmtp" line of SDP? 
  > Is it any other standard option exists?
> Best regards
>
> Osher

 		
---------------------------------
Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Chris Steck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:39:13 -0700

In a related veign, has any thought been given to formally employing UAProf
for this purpose, as is done in 3GPP PSS?

-Chris 

  _____  

From: Alan Bergmin [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'SDP: Session Description
Protocol'-resolution declaration for video stream

I have a similar remark: when I read the draft
draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-02 (section 6.2), I think it would be
nice for some applications to be able to advertize in the SDP the display
size available (in pixels) on the terminal, not only for H.263 (as in
draft-ietf-avt-rfc2429-bis-08.txt), but for every format. I understand that
it would not always be possible to fully use the display capabilities of the
terminal according to the different codecs but it can help in some cases of
session mobility.
 
> Is it any other standard option exists?

  _____  

Yahoo!
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman3/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/ev
t=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com> Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls
for ridiculously low rates.