Subject: [MMUSIC] Learning Peer-Reflexive Candidates on BEHAVE-compliant NATs

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:54:37 -0400

Folks:

As previously noted, Eric Cooper and I have put up a web page  
containing examples
showing the differences between our proposed modification to ICE and  
[ICE-08].

One of these examples is particularly interesting because it gives an  
example of how
two endpoints can learn a peer-reflexive candidate on a BEHAVE- 
compliant NAT.
Previously, most people believed that peer-reflexive candidates were  
only associated
with symmetric NATs, but this example shows that is not true. In the  
example, there is
a cascaded NAT (or double NAT) situation, so a reflexive candidate  
that would normally
be learned through an exchange with a public STUN server must instead  
be learned through
the peer-reflexive procedures.

Note that this behavior is independent of our proposed modification.  
The peer-reflexive
candidate is learned under both [ICE-08] processing and our proposed  
modification.

The example is available at:

	www.magma.ca/~philip_matthews/

- Philip

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic