Subject: [MMUSIC] Comments: I-D ACTION:draft-whitehead-mmusic-sip-for-streaming-media-01.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:40:32 +0530

Steve, Xavier, Marie,

Thanks for putting together the use case analysis and recommendations.
I feel this a very important area to be pursued to make the multimedia 
streaming services richer.

Two comments on the requirement section:

Even though it has been mentioned at many places in the draft, I think 
it is better to spell out the requirement on the trick plays and media
control
specifically. 

Another requirement that can be considered is to provide the server the 
ability to Teardown a session. In a pure RTSP session, a server can not 
TEARDOWN a session by itself (at least not gracefully according to the
protocol).

Regards,
Ravi. 

--
 
Ravishankar. G. Shiroor
Wipro Technologies, Bangalore.

[email-masked]
--

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 4:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D
ACTION:draft-whitehead-mmusic-sip-for-streaming-media-01.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: An Evaluation of Session Initiation Protocol
                          (SIP) for use in Streaming Media Applications
	Author(s)	: S. Whitehead, et al.
	Filename	:
draft-whitehead-mmusic-sip-for-streaming-media-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
This draft summarizes a set of use-cases and their associated
   requirements that suggest a convergence between the Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) [2] and the Real Time Streaming Protocol
   (RTSP and RTSP v2) [3] and [4] that may be beneficial for streaming
   media applications.  This benefit is especially apparent in the
   context of converged/blended media services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-whitehead-mmusic-sip-for-strea
ming-media-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-whitehead-mmusic-sip-for-streaming-media-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-whitehead-mmusic-sip-for-streaming-media-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:08:01 -0400

Ravi, thanks for the feedback. Good points. -Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]

Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:11 PM
To: Steven D. Whitehead; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Comments: I-D
ACTION:draft-whitehead-mmusic-sip-for-streaming-media-01.txt

Steve, Xavier, Marie,

Regards,
Ravi.

--

Ravishankar. G. Shiroor

-----Original Message-----

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE

	

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments
to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and
may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com