Subject: [MMUSIC] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-garcia-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-00.txt]

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:02:02 +0300

As you may have noticed, we have just submitted an Internet-Draft that 
proposes an SDP offer/answer mechanism for file transfer.

This document was previously addressed to the SIPPING WG, but we 
realized we didn't extend SIP at all, but just SDP. We have tried to 
address all the comments we got in the past, so please, review this 
version and comment it.

Regards,

          Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
sip:[email-masked]
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-garcia-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-00.txt
From: "ext [email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Mechanism to Enable File Transfer
	Author(s)	: M. Garcia-Martin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-garcia-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2006-6-13
	
This document provides a mechanism to negotiate the transfer of one
or more files between two endpoints by using the Session Description
Protocol (SDP) offer/answer model specified in RFC 3264.  SDP is   extended to describe the attributes of the files.  The offerer can
either describe the files it wants to send, or the files it would
like to receive.  The answerer can either accept or reject the offer.
The transfer of files is initiated after a successful negotiation.
The Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) is defined to as the
default mechanism to actually carry the files between the endpoints.
The conventions on how to use MSRP are provided in the document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-garcia-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-garcia-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic