Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP Capability Negotation: Minutes of 2/20/07 design team conference call

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 22:04:09 -0500

Greetings

The SDP Capability Negotiation Design team had a conference call on 
2/20/07. The attendees were:

    Robert Gilman
    Flemming Andreasen
    Roni Even
    Colin Perkins

1) The core SDP Capabilities Negotiation document is close to being done.
We still need to add considerations for attribute capabilities in terms 
of whether all attributes are allowed or not. Team consensus was to not 
disallow any attributes at this point (incl fmtp and rtpmap), although 
we may reevaluate once the media capabilities work is more complete. For 
now, we will just add some considerations around the use of fmtp and 
rtpmap in attribute capabilities.

The goal is to move the document to WGLC after Prague. We will ask a few 
key stakeholders to review the document at this point.

2) Media Capabilities Document
The team spent a bit of time talking about problem scope and underlying 
model for what the media capabilities docoment is trying to solve. It is 
currently not clearly spelled out in the document, and the team agreed 
to take a step back and make this clearer. Specifically, problem scope 
and model related to issues around layered codecs, redundancy encoding, 
forward error correction, composite media types, and inter-media stream 
constraints to name some need to be clearer. Addressing all of these can 
get quite complicated (experience from SDPng), and hence both the scope 
and model for addressing this needs to be spelled out. We may choose to 
limit the scope.

A few specific technical issues were discussed as well:
- The cptmap attribute had been removed, however it will be added back 
in as it can help reduce overall message size.
- Roni has been looking at BFCP to see how it fits in the framework
- The ABNF needs to be sanity checked

Thanks

-- Flemming

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic