Subject: [MMUSIC] Draft on source-specific SDP attributes: draft-lennox-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-00

From: Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:03:28 -0500

Joerg Ott, Thomas Schierl, and I have written an Internet-Draft on
source-specific SDP attributes,
draft-lennox-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-00, now available from the I-D
repository.

The draft allows individual RTP sources to be described in SDP session
descriptions, generalizing the mechanism used by the draft on RTCP
extensions for single-source multicast (draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm).  It was
also originally motivated by the desire to support ssrc-multiplexing of
H.264 SVC, as originally used by draft-wenger-avt-rtp-svc-02 and
draft-schierl-mmusic-layered-codec-01, though the latest revisions of those
drafts have dropped support for ssrc-multiplexing for other reasons.

Comments are welcome.

I'm sending this annoucement to the AVT group as well as MMUSIC, as the
draft's mechanisms have non-trivial interactions with RTP collision
detection.   Please direct followups to only one of the working group
mailing lists, depending on the topic being discussed.

-- 
Jonathan Lennox -- Layered Media
[email-masked]

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lennox-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Source-Specific Media Attributes in the Session
Description Protocol (SDP)
	Author(s)	: J. Lennox, et al.
	Filename	: draft-lennox-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
   The Session Description Protocol provides mechanisms to describe
   attributes of multimedia sessions and of individual media streams
   (e.g., Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) sessions) within a
   multimedia session, but does not provide any mechanism to describe
   individual media sources within a media stream.  This document
   defines a mechanism to describe RTP media sources, identified by
   their Synchronization Source Identifiers (SSRCs), in SDP, associate
   attributes with these sources, and express relationships among
   sources.  It also defines a number of source-level attributes which
   can be used to describe properties of media sources.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lennox-mmusic-sdp-source-attribute
s-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-lennox-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-lennox-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lennox-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-00.txt
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic