Subject: [MMUSIC] Draft on SDP BW attribute for media bitrate in 'send' direction ( draft-hdesinen-mmusic-oa-send-bw-attr-00.txt )

From: "Desineni, Harikishan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:41:36 -0800

AVT & MMUSIC,

Here is a draft which defines a new bandwidth attribute for SDP
Offer/Answer model.

=======
Abstract:
"This document defines a new SDP bandwidth attribute that can be used to
signal the maximum media bitrate in 'send' direction of a stream in SDP
offer/answer model."
=========

-01 version of the draft is not yet available on IETF server. Until then
it can be viewed at
http://people.qualcomm.com/hdesinen/draft-hdesinen-mmusic-oa-send-bw-att
r-01.txt

-00 is available on IETF server at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hdesinen-mmusic-oa-send-bw-att
r-00.txt

Please review the latest version (-01) of the draft and post your
comments.

Thanks,
Hari

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Desineni, Harikishan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:14:46 -0800

Colin,

Thanks for the review. I agree with your comments. I'll make the
suggested changes in the next version of the draft.

Thanks,
Hari

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Colin Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 8:02 AM
> To: Desineni, Harikishan
> Cc: mmusic WG
> Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Draft on SDP BW attribute for media bitrate in
> 'send' direction ( draft-hdesinen-mmusic-oa-send-bw-attr-00.txt )
> 
> The terminology in Section 5 is misleading and incorrect, and should
> be changed. This is not an SDP attribute ("a=" line), but rather a
> Bandwidth Specifier (for the "b=" line). Please update the draft to
> use the correct terminology.
> 
> Also, RFC 4566, notes that "although no length limit is given, it is
> recommended that they be short" when discussing bandwidth specifier
> names. Following this, and existing practice, it might be better to
> name this "MSR" rather than "maxsendrate"?
> 
> --
> Colin Perkins
> http://csperkins.org/
>

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:01:59 +0000

> AVT & MMUSIC,

I've bcc'd the AVT list on this message. Future discussion on the  
MMUSIC list, please.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/