Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-tcp open issue #2: TLS session resumption

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:41:02 -0500

ice-tcp-03 has more explicit discussion of what to do if an agent finds 
its TCP connection is dead. Basically, it reopens the connection, and if 
TLS was being used, restarts TLS negotiation.

It sure would be nice to avoid redoing this negotiation. TLS has a 
session resumption feature, but I don't know what would be required for 
us to specify, in order for it to be used. Do we need to just say, "use 
session resumption"? What if the server doesn't know about the session? 
Does TLS automatically fallback to starting the handshake over again?

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic