Subject: [MMUSIC] Extension to SDP to assign a DSCP to a session Updated

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:17:11 -0500

MMUSIC WG

I've updated draft-polk-mmusic-dscp-attribute recently, here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-mmusic-dscp-attribute-01.txt

The changes since -00 are as follows:

* Adds a use-case revolving around support for a TSVWG WG item
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-00.txt
which is requested a second EF for "admitted realtime traffic", 
meaning any default/recommended DSCP for voice (identified in RFC 
4594) will have to have a mechanism to dynamically change the DSCP 
for that session to something other than 101110 (46), identified in 
RFC 3246 as Expedited Forwarding (EF).

* added text further limiting this extension to having more 
usefulness in environments with B2BUAs and SBC border elements

* Added the (optional) ability of the new attribute to indicate the 
DSCP of RTCP at the same time as RTP

* Added the ability for a offerer to indicate with this new attribute 
which "service" level "this" session is to be at (think of a 
gold/silver/bronze contract, having the DSCP in the offer indicating 
which level this session wants to achieve - or be considered as)

* lots of little edits and clean ups to fix nits or make readability easier

* haven't solved the open issue of a direction indication - perhaps 
in times where the RTP in one direction is using a different DSCP 
than the RTP in the other direction of the same session.  This ID 
openly asks "how useful is this" and "please provide a/some usecases 
when this could be useful".

Comments on this ID are encouraged

James

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic