Subject: [MMUSIC] Status of SDPng

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:15:55 +0300

Hi,

what is the status of SDPng? Its main specification seems to be dead but 
the transition draft seems to be in the RFC Editor's queue:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdpng-trans-04.txt

Can somebody clarify where we are with respect to this protocol?

Thanks,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:48:37 +0100

On 28 Mar 2007, at 11:15, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
> what is the status of SDPng? Its main specification seems to be  
> dead but the transition draft seems to be in the RFC Editor's queue:
>

SDPng is effectively dead, although we might consider publishing the  
specification as an experimental RFC, to capture the status of the  
work, and as a basis for some future effort.

The transition draft recently made it to AUTH48, after almost four  
years in the RFC Editor queue. Joerg and I discussed where to go with  
this last week, and concluded that updating it to reflect current  
state of the world would essentially require a complete rewrite, and  
that this wasn't worth doing given the state of SDPng. We're  
therefore leaning towards withdrawing it from the RFC Editor.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/