Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-14 question for clarification

From: "Kevin Johns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:47:31 -0600

Jonathan,
 
I have a question for clarification on ICE-14 (an excellent document).
 
I must be missing something about how the base is generated. In 4.1.1.2
(Server Reflexive and Relayed Candidates), it concludes by stating that
proper operation of ICE depends on each base being unique. Section
4.1.1.1 (Host Candidates) indicates that the base for each host
candidate is set to the candidate itself. Section 4.1.2.1 (Server
Reflexive and Relayed Candidates) states that the base of the server
reflexive candidate is the host candidate from which the allocate or
binding request was sent. Would this not result in the same base for the
host and server reflexive candidates? 

Thanks,
Kevin Johns

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:12:12 -0400

The text there should say that each base has to be unique when the 
transport addresses are identical. Fixed.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com