Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] question regarding presentation with aggregate control

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:23:19 +0100

Patankar, Sujay skrev:
> Hi,
> In the following excerpt from RFC 2326:
> " Presentation:
>           A set of one or more streams presented to the client as a
>           complete media feed, using a presentation description as
>           defined below. In most cases in the RTSP context, this implies
>           aggregate control of those streams, but does not have to."
> 
> Does it mean that there can be a presentation with more than one
> streams, and still non-aggregate control? The draft 2326bis-14 uses the
> wording:
> 
> " Presentations with more than one media stream are *often* handled in
> RTSP under aggregate control."
> 
> (emphasis on 'often' is mine) is it 'often' or is it 'always'?

It is often. It is allowed to setup single medias

> 
> If it is indeed 'often', then can anyone please give me an example of a
> presentation with more than one media, but no aggregate control?
> 

One example would be something where the media streams are coming from 
different servers. But I think it is more likely that non-aggregate 
control will be used is due to client requirements. If you asked for a 
real world example I can't help you.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic