Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-14 Questions for Clarification

From: "Kevin Johns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:23:38 -0600

Jonathan,
 
I have two questions for clarification on ICE-14 (an excellent
document).
 
I must be missing something about how the base is generated. In 4.1.1.2
(Server Reflexive and Relayed Candidates), it concludes by stating that
proper operation of ICE depends on each base being unique. Section
4.1.1.1 (Host Candidates) indicates that the base for each host
candidate is set to the candidate itself. Section 4.1.2.1 (Server
Reflexive and Relayed Candidates) states that the base of the server
reflexive candidate is the host candidate from which the allocate or
binding request was sent. Would this not result in the same base for the
host and server reflexive candidates?
 
The second is around the relationship between ICE and ICE Lite. I
noticed that ICE has many sections devoted to describing ICE Lite
operation. These seem to be very similar to the procedures defined in
ICE Lite. Is the expectation that the ICE Lite procedures are removed
from ICE once ICE Lite has fully documented them?
 
Thanks,
Kevin Johns
Jonathan,
 
I have two questions for clarification on ICE-14 (an excellent
document).
 
I must be missing something about how the base is generated. In 4.1.1.2
(Server Reflexive and Relayed Candidates), it concludes by stating that
proper operation of ICE depends on each base being unique. Section
4.1.1.1 (Host Candidates) indicates that the base for each host
candidate is set to the candidate itself. Section 4.1.2.1 (Server
Reflexive and Relayed Candidates) states that the base of the server
reflexive candidate is the host candidate from which the allocate or
binding request was sent. Would this not result in the same base for the
host and server reflexive candidates?
 
The second is around the relationship between ICE and ICE Lite. I
noticed that ICE has many sections devoted to describing ICE Lite
operation. These seem to be very similar to the procedures defined in
ICE Lite. Is the expectation that the ICE Lite procedures are removed
from ICE once ICE Lite has fully documented them?
 
Thanks,
Kevin Johns
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic