Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-reqts-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:50:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SDP Capability Negotiation: Requirements and Review of Existing Work
	Author(s)	: F. Andreasen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-reqts-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2007-3-6
	
The Session Description Protocol (SDP) was intended for describing 
   multimedia sessions for the purposes of session announcement, session 
   invitation, and other forms of multimedia session initiation. SDP was 
   not intended to provide capability indication or capability 
   negotiation, however over the years, SDP has seen widespread adoption 
   and as a result it has been gradually extended to provide limited 
   support for these. SDP and its current extensions however do not 
   have, for example, the ability to negotiate one or more alternative 
   transport protocols (e.g. RTP profiles) which makes it particularly 
   difficult to deploy new RTP profiles such as secure RTP and RTP with 
   RTCP-based feedback. The purpose of this document is to identify a 
   set of requirements for SDP Capability Negotiation and evaluate 
   existing work in this area. The document does not provide any 
   solutions to SDP Capability Negotiation

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-reqts-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-reqts-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-reqts-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic