Subject: [MMUSIC] question about ICE-14

From: "Bruce Lowekamp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:05:22 +0100

Most of my notes on ICE-14 were clarity issues, but the one
substantive concern I have is with the Diffserv treatment in 7.1.1.3
and right before 7.2.1, which explicitly calls out Codepoint markings
that will be used with the media to also be used with the STUN
packets.  I am wondering why this text explicitly calls out one type
of QoS marking, rather than simply stating that any form of QoS
marking below the application layer that will be used with media
SHOULD also be used with the connectivity checks?

Bruce

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:45:00 +0100

> SHOULD also be used with the connectivity checks?

Sounds good to me, as long as RSVP and NSIS aren't considered as
'below the application level'.  How about if we point out DSCP
explicitly (like in ice-14) and add half a sentence that hand-waves
at layer 2 QoS markings?

-d

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:51:26 -0400

I added:

The same would apply to
any layer 2 markings the endpoint might be applying to media packets.

I do want to say 'marking' and not 'QoS' since as Dan points out, we are 
not talking about things like RSVP here.

-Jonathan R.

Dan Wing wrote:

> SounFrom [email-masked] Sat Mar 24 09:59:00 2007
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:51:26 -0400
From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
To: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] question about ICE-14
Cc: [email-masked]

I added:

The same would apply to
any layer 2 markings the endpoint might be applying to media packets.

I do want to say 'marking' and not 'QoS' since as Dan points out, we are 
not talking about things like RSVP here.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com