Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-15 posted

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:07:36 -0400

I've just posted ICE-15. Until it appears in the archives, you can pick 
it up at:
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-15.txt

This incorporates all comments received since -14 and all changes agreed 
this past IETF meeting, notably the controlling/controlled conflict 
resolution mechanism and the deprecation of ANAT. Note that -15 is 
backwards compatible with -14 and -13 excepting the bugs repaired in -15.

I believe the plan is to immediately WGLC this document.

Specific changes:

* timer computation of Ta/N should have been Ta*N

* added failure case processing for when ICE never succeeds for a
   media stream

* updated the appendix on the remote-candidates attribute to match new
   flow that delays the answer

* fixed bug whereby a frozen stream was never unfrozen in cases where
   different foundations were used for different media streams

* clarified how triggered retransmits impact the retransmit timers in
   progress

* included new attributes - ICE-CONTROLLED and ICE-CONTROLLING, each
   of which includes a 64 bit positive integer, for detecting and
   fixing role collisions. Agents MUST include this but MUST be
   prepared for it to be absent; as such ice-15 is compatible with
   ice-13 and -14 with the exception of cases where this conflict would
   arise. Added client and server processing of these attributes, added
   IANA registries for them. Selection of the 64 bit random number
   (called the tie breaker) happens at the same time as role
   determination and is redone only when ice restarts.

* deprecated ANAT, redid the section on "Usage with ANAT" to
   "relationship with ANAT" and called out cases where you can skip the
   server reflexive and relayed candidates. Relaxed MUST gather server
   reflexive to SHOULD.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic