Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-15 comments

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:06:24 +0100

Section "Introduction"
Because this obsoletes RFC 4091, there really should be some mention of this
in the introduction - otherwise the reader might not see the connection.
Perhaps add to the end of the last paragraph something along the lines of:
"Additional IP addresses and ports can be gathered by IPv4/IPv6 dual stack
endpoints to allow the selection of a suitable IP version for media."

"they tend to carry the IP of media sources"
Change to
"they tend to carry the IP addresses and ports of media sources"

"but only the
   outermost server reflexive candidate will be discovered by the agent"
To make it clearer, change to
"but only the
   outermost server reflexive candidate (nearest the STUN server) will be
discovered by the agent"

In section 4.2 "Lite implementation" it states:
"If an agent has included two candidates for a component, the v4
   candidate SHOULD be selected as the default." According to other
statements, a lite implementation is not allowed to include two candidates.
Now there might be benefit in doing this in certain circumstances, but I
will think about it further and possibly send a separate message. However,
if that sentence does not apply to lite implementations it should not appear
in 4.2 or at least should avoid normative language.

John

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic