Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP codec dependent pTime (multiple packetization times in SDP)

From: "Willekens, Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 14:26:16 +0200

Hi,
During last IETF.69 in Chicago, the problem with the SDP pTime was
indicated, again. It was already discussed many times how a pTime can be
indicated in a codec dependent way but no consensus was ever obtained
causing different interworking troubles.
What is missing are clear requirements from the "real life" to come to
adequate solution(s). It's important to know what's already out there,
provided in silicon and software implementations, in end-devices and
media gateways.
 
See http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/minutes/mmusic.html $6 for
more info.
 
It's appreciated if you state your requirements and your interworking
problems which will be collected in a requirement draft to be used as
input for a solutions draft or a clarification draft.
 
Best regards,
Marc.
 
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic