Subject: [MMUSIC] ice, turn, and multiple media streams

From: "Adam Fisk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:09:36 -0400

If your SDP contains multiple media streams, am I correct that you'd issue a
TURN allocate request for each stream during ICE's candidate gathering
phase?  I'm doing this for TCP, so I'd open a separate TCP connection for
each media stream.  Is that correct?

I only ask because I had earlier thought the remote address attribute of the
Data Indication would allow me to maintain a single connection to the TURN
server for all connections, saving considerably on server resources, but
that appears not to be the case.

Thanks very much.

-Adam
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:41:07 -0400

You need a separate connection for each media stream. This is because 
each connection only gives you a single allocation and you need more 
than one allocation.

-Jonathan R.

Adam Fisk wrote:
> If your SDP contains multiple media streams, am I correct that you'd 
> issue a TURN allocate request for each stream during ICE's candidate 
> gathering phase?  I'm doing this for TCP, so I'd open a separate TCP 
> connection for each media stream.  Is that correct?
> 
> I only ask because I had earlier thought the remote address attribute of 
> the Data Indication would allow me to maintain a single connection to 
> the TURN server for all connections, saving considerably on server 
> resources, but that appears not to be the case.
> 
> Thanks very much.
> 
> -Adam
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com