Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 08:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Real Time Streaming Protocol 2.0 (RTSP)
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-18.txt
	Pages           : 246
	Date            : 2008-05-05

This memorandum defines RTSP version 2.0 which is a revision of the
Proposed Standard RTSP version 1.0 which is defined in RFC 2326.

The Real Time Streaming Protocol, or RTSP, is an application-level
protocol for control over the delivery of data with real-time
properties.  RTSP provides an extensible framework to enable
controlled, on-demand delivery of real-time data, such as audio and
video.  Sources of data can include both live data feeds and stored
clips.  This protocol is intended to control multiple data delivery
sessions, provide a means for choosing delivery channels such as UDP,
multicast UDP and TCP, and provide a means for choosing delivery
mechanisms based upon RTP (RFC 3550).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-18.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 17:52:34 +0200

Hi,

There are some major changes in this version to support live content 
that is being recorded. We also added END of stream notification 
together with 2 other server to client notifications in a new method 
PLAY-NOTIFY.

I definitely recommend people to review this new functionality. We will 
have discussion on this at the Interim meeting so any comment prior to 
the meeting is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------