Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Mechanism to Enable File Transfer
	Author(s)       : M. Garcia-Martin, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-08.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2008-05-20

This document provides a mechanism to negotiate the transfer of one
or more files between two endpoints by using the Session Description
Protocol (SDP) offer/answer model specified in RFC 3264.  SDP is
extended to describe the attributes of the files to be transferred.
The offerer can either describe the files it wants to send, or the
files it would like to receive.  The answerer can either accept or
reject the offer separately for each individual file.  The transfer
of one or more files is initiated after a successful negotiation.
The Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) is defined as the default
mechanism to actually carry the files between the endpoints.  The
conventions on how to use MSRP for file transfer are also provided in
this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:53:23 +0300

Hi:

As you probably noticed, we have submitted a new version of the file 
transfer draft. This version addresses the comments that we got during 
the WGLC. Besides editorial fixes, the core of the new text lies in 
Section 8.4, which describes the procedures to abort an ongoing file 
transfer. There are now three new figures and the text has been 
extensively clarified. I hope this helps now, but I want to warn you 
that for a proper understanding of this section you need to clearly 
understand how MSRP works.

/Miguel

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland