Subject: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'Signaling media decoding dependency in Session Description Protocol (SDP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:01:31 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Signaling media decoding dependency in Session Description Protocol 
   (SDP) '
   <draft-ietf-mmusic-decoding-dependency-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-decoding-dependency-08.txt

Technical summary:

        The document defines extensions to the Session Description
Protocol to explicitly specify dependencies between different
media streams to support advance media coding schemes, such
as multiple description coding and layered coding..

Working Group summary:

        The MMUSIC WG has firm consenses on publishing this document
as Proposed Standard.

Document quality:

    The document has received ample review and gone through two
working group last calls.  It is technically sound and stable.

Personnel:

        The document shepherd is Joerg Ott, the responsible AD is
Cullen Jennings.