Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 5547 on A Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Mechanism to Enable File Transfer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:23:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5547

        Title:      A Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
                    Offer/Answer Mechanism to Enable File Transfer 
        Author:     M. Garcia-Martin, M. Isomaki,
                    G. Camarillo, S. Loreto,
                    P. Kyzivat
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 112625
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5547.txt

This document provides a mechanism to negotiate the transfer of one
or more files between two endpoints by using the Session Description
Protocol (SDP) offer/answer model specified in RFC 3264.  SDP is
extended to describe the attributes of the files to be transferred.
The offerer can describe either the files it wants to send or the
files it would like to receive.  The answerer can either accept or
reject the offer separately for each individual file.  The transfer
of one or more files is initiated after a successful negotiation.
The Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) is defined as the default
mechanism to actually carry the files between the endpoints.  The
conventions on how to use MSRP for file transfer are also provided in
this document.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute