Subject: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'Source-Specific Media Attributes in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:08:40 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Source-Specific Media Attributes in the Session Description Protocol 
   (SDP) '
   <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-02.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines a mechanism to describe RTP media sources,
identified by their Synchronization Source Identifiers (SSRCs), in SDP,
associate attributes with these sources, and express relationships 
among sources.

Working Group Summary

The MMUSIC Working Group has consensus to publish this document as a
Proposed Standard.

Document Quality

This is a product of the MMUSIC Working group. 

Personnel

The Proto Shepherd is Jean-Francois Mule, and the Responsible Area
Director is Cullen Jennings.

RFC Editor Note

Old:
  The above is the minimum that IANA will accept.  Attributes that are
  expected to see widespread use and interoperability SHOULD be
  documented with a standards-track RFC that specifies the attribute
  more precisely.

New:
  The above is the minimum that IANA will accept.  The Expert
  Reviewer will determine if the proposed attributes are expected
  to see widespread use and interoperability; in that case, a 
   the attributes MUST be specified in a standards-track RFC.

Section 10, figure 5:
OLD:
ssrc-group-attr = "ssrc-group:" semantics *(SP ssrc-id)
  ; The definition of "semantics" is in RFC 3388.
  ; (It is the type of grouping being done.)

attribute =/ ssrc-group-attr

NEW:
ssrc-group-attr = "ssrc-group:" semantics *(SP ssrc-id)
semantics       = "FEC" / "FID" / token
                 ; Matches RFC 3388 definition and
                 ; IANA registration rules in this doc.
token           = <as defined in RFC 4566>

attribute       =/ ssrc-group-attr

IANA Note

  Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]> is expert reviewer.