Subject: [MMUSIC] on the WGLC of draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes

From: Kyunghun Jung <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 06:26:19 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Chairman and experts of IETF MMUSIC WG:

3GPP SA4 thanks IETF MMUSIC for the interests and considerations on the problems
we reported.

Since 3GPP SA4 sent an LS to IETF MMUSIC in January 2008, explaining the
unexpected problems in the negotiation

of image sizes using SIP/SDP, we have been closely following the progress
of this Internet draft on "a=imageattr" and

actively participating in the discussions.

3GPP SA4 is well-aware of the current status of this Internet draft and believes
it not only meets our requirements for

more refined negotiation of image sizes but also exceeds our expectations
with its consideration on the session setup delay,

using SDPCapNeg.

From Release 8, new session setup procedures of 3GPP's video telephony, specified
in 3GPP TS 26.114, will include

the key features from this Internet draft. With the quality improvements,
significant changes in the camera and video codec

implementations in the 3G handsets are expected.

We believe this Internet draft in its current status addresses our concerns
and necessities completely.

IETF MMUSIC's decision to directly initiate a WGLC for this Internet draft
will be greatly welcomed. Thank you.

Kyunghun Jung, Rapporteur, 3GPP SA4

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

------- Original Message -------
Sender : Jean-Francois Mule<[email-masked]>
Date : 2009-05-04 22:57 (GMT+09:00)
Title : [MMUSIC] Moving draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes (was RE: mmusic
Digest, Vol 60, Issue 5)

Ingemar,

Thank you for the ping and the updated draft.

Before issuing the WGLC, I would like to understand a few things,

mostly because there has been limited to no traffic on this draft on the

MMUSIC list.

1) Follow-ups from IETF#74 in San Francisco

You had asked a bunch of questions in your presentation during the last

mmusic meeting.

On some, you got feedback from Roni Even, Jonathan Lennox and others.

Can you summarize the related changes if any and they address those

comments? (Roni re: distortion, Jonathan Lennox re: sender behavior to

accommodate different behaviors for cases like when the source supports

non squared pixels).

Also, on a few other questions, there were no comments at the mike and

nothing on the list since the meeting.  Can you jot them down outside

ppt and generate or close some discussion points related to these?

2) 3GPP

Finally MMUSIC had received a LS from 3GPP related to this

(https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file541.doc).  The

liaison had Magnus Westerlund and Kyunghun Jung as technical contacts

for 3GPP (K Jung is a co-author of the ID).  Has this work been reviewed

there by folks who might use it?  Can some of these individuals send

text to the IETF MMUSIC list to say they review the document and think

it is ready for WGLC.

On behalf of MMUSIC, we can send a formal liaison back to 3GPP via

Gonzalo anyway but if we get a sense that this draft meets the 3gpp

requirements and folks are ok with the solution directly on the MMUSIC

list, we speed things up and avoid paperwork.

Thanks,

Jean-Francois.

MMUSIC co-chair

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Ingemar Johansson S [mailto:[email-masked]]

> Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 4:32 AM

> To: [email-masked]; Jean-Francois Mule

> Cc: [email-masked]

> Subject: RE: mmusic Digest, Vol 60, Issue 5

> Hi

> I would like to have draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes advanced to

> WGLC.

> Regards

> Ingemar

> >

> > -----------------------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> > Message: 1

> > Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:56:37 +0200

> > From: "Ingemar Johansson S" <[email-masked]>

> > Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D

> >     Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes-02.txt

> > To: <[email-masked]>

> > Message-ID:

> >

> >

> <[email-masked]

> e>

> > Content-Type: text/plain;    charset="us-ascii"

> >

> > Hi

> >

> > As you can see below, a new version of

> > draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes has been submitted. With

> > this I would say that the open issues that was existing

> > before are resolved and that the document is ready for WGLC.

> >

> > Regards

> > /Ingemar

> >

_______________________________________________

mmusic mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic