Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP media type

From: shin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:05:02 +0900

Hi all,

I have one little question regarding the media type of SDP.

RFC4566 obsoletes RFC2327 and describes:
8.2.1.  Media Types ("media")
   The set of media types is intended to be small and SHOULD NOT be
   extended except under rare circumstances.  The same rules should
   apply for media names as for top-level media content types, and where
   possible the same name should be registered for SDP as for MIME.  For
   media other than existing top-level media content types, a Standards
   Track RFC MUST be produced for a new top-level content type to be
   registered, and the registration MUST provide good justification why
   no existing media name is appropriate (the "Standards Action" policy
   of RFC 2434 [8].

   This memo registers the media types "audio", "video", "text",
   "application", and "message".

"image" is registered with IANA as MIME media Types.
But it is excluded from the above five media types.

Is it necessary for "image" to be registered as SDP media types ?