Subject: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'IANA Registry for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) Options' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-options-registry-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 10:39:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA Registry for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)
Options'
  (draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-options-registry-02.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-options-registry/

Technical Summary:

It has been identified that Interactive Connectivity Establishment
(ICE) RFC5245 is missing a registry for ICE options. This document
defines this missing IANA registry and updates RFC5245.

Working Group Summary

The document was produced in a short period of time to rectify a missing
IANA registry for ICE. The document is straightforward and represents
the consensus of the MMUSIC WG.

Document Quality

The document quality is good.

There are no known implementations of ice-options, however it is needed
for "Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) for RTP over UDP"
(draft-ietf-avt-ecn-for-rtp) currently being developed in the AVTCORE WG.

Personnel

Flemming Andreasen is the document shepherd.
Gonzalo Camarillo is the responsible AD.