Subject: [MMUSIC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-15.txt> (Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media Capabilities Negotiation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:49:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media Capabilities Negotiation'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Session Description Protocol (SDP) capability negotiation provides a
   general framework for indicating and negotiating capabilities in SDP.
   The base framework defines only capabilities for negotiating
   transport protocols and attributes.  In this document, we extend the
   framework by defining media capabilities that can be used to
   negotiate media types and their associated parameters.

   This document updates the IANA Considerations of RFC 5939.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/829/