Subject: [MMUSIC] Update to trafficclass attribute

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 00:14:14 -0500

MMUSIC

I'm letting the WG know that we've updated the trafficclass attribute 
draft to -03.

http://hive.packetizer.com/users/paulej/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-traffic-class-for-sdp-03.txt

Here are the changes listed in Appendix 1 from the above URL

A.1  From -02 to -03

    These are the following changes made between the WG -02 version and
    the -03 version:

    - Rearranged a fair amount of text

    - Separated and defined the components into separate subsections.

    - built 5 different tables, one per category, that lists within each
      category - what applications are appropriate as well as what
      adjectives are appropriate for each application within that
      category.

Other stuff we did (not mentioned in the appendix), that we also changed:

- We also rather significantly modified the IANA considerations section.

- We worked with Paul K on the ABNF, which he likes now.

- created a "partial" admission qualifier for endpoints that send 
more traffic than had capacity admission applied to the session.

- we want to learn about any traffic flows we aren't considering that 
we should be.

- the rearranging made many little things visible that needed fixing, 
adding or deleting.

- what we have *not* addressed is Dan Wing's desire for a label to 
address his sensor traffic.  This is something that makes sense, but 
we want to hear from the WG on this. Should this attribute cover 
sporadic or occasional or busty and not fixed interval traffic such 
as sensor data?

I'll be mentioning most of this during my preso on Tuesday.

Comments and questions are appreciated.

James/Paul/Subha