Subject: [MMUSIC] Trickle ICE Update (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-rescorla-mmusic-ice-trickle-01.txt)

From: Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 01:40:11 +0200

Hey all,

We have just submitted a new version of the Trickle ICE draft. Among the
most notable changes we:

o Relaxed requirements about verifying support as discussed here.
o Tried to improve ambiguities introduced by use of 3264 language. This
part needs more work but we'd like to gather more feedback before
proceeding and also see if any parts can be adopted by 5245bis.
o Removed inappropriate assumption of adoption by RTCWEB.

Diff2 available here:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rescorla-mmusic-ice-trickle-01.txt

Comments are most welcome.

Cheers,
Emil

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-rescorla-mmusic-ice-trickle-01.txt
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:30:50 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-rescorla-mmusic-ice-trickle-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Emil Ivov and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-rescorla-mmusic-ice-trickle
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Trickle ICE: Incremental Provisioning of Candidates for the
Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) Protocol
Creation date:	 2012-10-23
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 16
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rescorla-mmusic-ice-trickle-01.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rescorla-mmusic-ice-trickle
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rescorla-mmusic-ice-trickle-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rescorla-mmusic-ice-trickle-01

Abstract:
   This document describes an extension to the Interactive Connectivity
   Establishment (ICE) protocol that allows ICE agents to send and
   receive candidates incrementally rather than exchanging complete
   lists.  With such incremental provisioning, ICE agents can begin
   connectivity checks while they are still gathering candidates and
   considerably shorten the time necessary for ICE processing to
   complete.

   The above mechanism is also referred to as "trickle ICE".

The IETF Secretariat