Subject: [MMUSIC] WG poll for consensus MSID draft

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:24:04 +0200

At the last IETF meeting we had a presentation of the following draft:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-alvestrand-mmusic-msid/

At that time, there was interest in solving the problem of cross session 
stream identification.

We would like to poll the working group for consensus on adopting the 
above mentioned draft as a working group item, once we get an approved 
milestone.

If you support this work or have problems with the adoption of this 
document as WG item, please indicate it by replying to this e-mail within 
the next 5 days.

Flemming and Miguel (co-chairs)

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:08:31 -0700

Frequent MMUSIC reader, occasional MMUSIC contributor.

MSID defines a way to associate capture sources (e.g. WebRTC
MediaStreamTracks) with RTP SSRCs, providing the glue needed to send
multiple simultaneous captures across a RTP session in an interoperable
way.

This functionality is critical to WebRTC, and I would like to see this
draft move forward.

--justin

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Miguel A. Garcia <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://datatracker.ietf.org/**doc/draft-alvestrand-mmusic-**msid/<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-alvestrand-mmusic-msid/>
>
> ______________________________**_________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/mmusic<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic>
>

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:35:14 +0200

Unsurprisingly, the draft author would like to see the draft go forward.
I have not seen another complete proposal for doing what this draft does.

On 10/09/2012 03:24 PM, Miguel A. Garcia wrote:
> At that time, there was interest in solving the problem of cross 
> session stream identification.
>
> document as WG item, please indicate it by replying to this e-mail 
> within the next 5 days.
>

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:11:59 +0200

We have received clear indications that the MSID draft fills the need of 
RTCWEB. We have not received anyone being against it.

So, once we get a new milestone covering this work, we will request the 
authors to submit a new version as WG item.

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain