Subject: [MMUSIC] FW: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-happy-eyeballs-00.txt

From: "Prashanth Patil (praspati)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 17:22:43 +0000

For dual stack hosts, ICE will prefer IPv6 addresses over IPv4 as per
RFC6724 and connectivity checks have to be performed on all IPv6
candidates before trying IPv4 candidates. If the IPv6 path is broken or is
excessively slow, fallback to IPv4 candidates will be significantly slow
and introduce user-visible delay.
This draft proposes an algorithm that makes ICE connectivity checks more
responsive to failures of an address family by performing connectivity
checks with both IPv4 and IPv6 in parallel if IPv6 connectivity checks
don't seem to succeed.
Considering the fact that there is a very realistic chance that
connectivity checks for relayed candidates will always work, the draft
also proposes an optimization such that connectivity checks with relayed
candidates are performed earlier than usual if connectivity checks using
other candidates do not succeed quickly.

Comments and feedback welcome.

-Prashanth

On 04/10/12 8:06 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-happy-eyeballs-00.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Tirumaleswar Reddy and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-happy-eyeballs
>Revision:	 00
>Title:		 Happy Eyeballs Extension for ICE
>Creation date:	 2012-10-04
>WG ID:		 Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 10
>URL:             
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-happy-eyeballs-
>00.txt
>Status:          
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-happy-eyeballs
>Htmlized:        
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-happy-eyeballs-00
>
>
>Abstract:
>   This document specifies requirements for algorithms that make ICE
>   connectivity checks more aggressive to reduce delays in dual stack
>   host connectivity checks when there is a path failure for the address
>   family preferred by the application or by the operating system.  As
>   IPv6 is usually preferred, the procedures in this document helps
>   avoid user-noticable delays wheen the IPv6 path is broken or
>   excessively slow.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>