Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:41:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Miscellanoues Capabilities Negotiation in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
	Author(s)       : Miguel A. Garcia-Martin
                          Simo Veikkolainen
                          Robert R. Gilman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   SDP has been extended with a capability negotiation mechanism
   framework that allows the endpoints to negotiate transport protocols
   and attributes.  This framework has been extended with a media
   capabilities negotiation mechanism that allows endpoints to negotiate
   additional media-related capabilities.  This negotiation is embedded
   into the widely-used SDP offer/answer procedures.

   This memo extends the SDP capability negotiation framework to allow
   endpoints to negotiate three additional SDP capabilities.  In
   particular, this memo provides a mechanism to negotiate bandwidth
   ('b=' line), connection data ('c=' line), and titles ('i=' line for
   each session or media).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:46:21 +0200

This version of the draft fixes an error detected by Flemming during the 
WGLC. The draft was missing the "["+"]" prefix in the "conn-config-list" 
(connection data parameter in 'lcfg' and 'pcfg' attributes) to indicate 
mandatory extensions.

So, the "["+"]" prefix has been added as well as an explanatory text in 
this connection data parameter.

The author believe the draft is now ready

/Miguel

On 15/10/2012 22:41, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>
>

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain

---

From: Andrew Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:54:16 +0000

I have reviewed this and agree this is needed to align with RFC 5939. 

I think this is ready now

Andrew

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Miguel A. Garcia
> Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 3:46 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-
> caps-02.txt
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.