Subject: [MMUSIC] Additional text for 4566bis

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 04:11:17 +0000

Section 3 of RFC 3555 states the following:

   Note that the payload format (encoding) names defined in the RTP
   Profile are commonly shown in upper case.  MIME subtypes are commonly
   shown in lower case.  These names are case-insensitive in both
   places.  Similarly, parameter names are case-insensitive both in MIME
   types and in the default mapping to the SDP a=fmtp attribute.

Flemming suggested that we also mentioned this rule in 4566bis so people won't need to look for anywhere else. Any objections? I think the best place to add this is Section 5.14.

-acbegen

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:44:44 -0400

I gave you the wrong reference since RFC 3555 has been obsoloted by RFC 
4855, which slightly updated the text as follows:

    Note that the payload format (encoding) names defined in the RTP
    Profile are commonly shown in upper case.  Media subtype names
    are commonly shown in lower case.  These names are case-insensitive
    in both places.  Similarly, parameter names are case-insensitive both
    in media type strings and in the default mapping to the SDP a=fmtp
    attribute.

I think it would be helpful to add the above to 4566bis (possibly with a 
clarification that "parameter names" in the above referts to parameters 
names inside fmtp only.

Thanks

-- Flemming

On 3/6/13 11:11 PM, Ali C. Begen (abegen) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>