Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Feedback requested on requirements - DES F6

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:27:59 +0000

Hi,

>   DES F6  A bundle may contain zero constituents.
>
>   A bundle with no constituents serves no purpose for the transport of
>   media, but we are likely to someday need to describe such a bundle.
>   (Compare that an SDP m= line is syntactically constrained to specify
>   at least one payload type.  When SDP was used only to specify
>   multicast sessions, this constraint was common sense.  But once SDP
>   offer/answer was invented, when a media description was rejected, the
>   natural representation would be an m= line with a zero port and no
>   payload types.  But a payload type was syntactically required, so we
>   now have to provide at least one token payload type in rejected m=
>   lines.)

After a first look, I guess it looks ok.

Keep in mind, however, that (as far as I remember) an SDP offer/answer must contain at least one m- line, and bundle doesn't change that. But, that m- line can of course be outside an bundle group.

Regards,

Christer