Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] RTSP 2.0 SDP issue: Directionality attribute

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 08:52:38 +0200

Dale,

I think your wording are more neutral to the diverse interpretation of
SDP in O/A, thus I will push out a new version with your change.

Thanks

Magnus

On 2013-03-28 18:43, Dale R. Worley wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:03:36 +0100
>> From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Thanks for the input. I have tried to address your input in this version:
>>
>>    This appendix describes how an SDP file determines the operation of
>>    an RTSP session.  Thus, it is worth pointing out that the
>>    interpretation of the SDP is done in the context of the SDP receiver,
>>    which is the one being configured.  This is the same as in SAP
>>    [RFC2974]; this differs from SDP Offer/Answer [RFC3264] where the SDP
>>    describes what the agent providing the SDP is ready to receive and
>>    willing to send.
> 
> Sorry, I've dropped the ball on this.  Looking at this text, I'm
> thinking that the "reversal" between SAP and offer/answer usage is not
> stated as clearly as it could be.  How about copying the wording from
> the second sentence into the third?
> 
>     This appendix describes how an SDP file determines the operation of
>     an RTSP session.  Thus, it is worth pointing out that the
>     interpretation of the SDP is done in the context of the SDP receiver,
>     which is the one being configured.  This is the same as in SAP
>     [RFC2974]; this differs from SDP Offer/Answer [RFC3264] where each
>     SDP is interpreted in the context of the agent providing it.
> 
> Dale
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------