Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:51:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Latching: Hosted NAT Traversal (HNT) for Media in Real-Time Communication
        Authors         : Emil Ivov
                          Hadriel Kaplan
                          Dan Wing
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-08.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-06-17

Abstract:
   This document describes behavior of signaling intermediaries in Real-
   Time Communication (RTC) deployments, sometimes referred to as
   Session Border Controllers (SBCs), when performing Hosted NAT
   Traversal (HNT).  HNT is a set of mechanisms, such as media relaying
   and latching, that such intermediaries use to enable other RTC
   devices behind NATs to communicate with each other.

   This document is non-normative, and is only written to explain HNT in
   order to provide a reference to the IETF community, as well as an
   informative description to manufacturers, and users.

   Latching, which is one of the components of the HNT components, has a
   number of security issues covered here.  Because of those, and unless
   all security considerations explained here are taken into account and
   solved, the IETF advises against use of latching mechanism over the
   Internet and recommends other solutions such as the Interactive
   Connectivity Establishment (ICE) protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-latching/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/