Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-06 review

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:25:12 +0200

Hi Suhas,

I have couple of more comments on the latest draft's bundle references.

The Bundle draft is currently listed as Informative reference, but 
considering how Bundle is referenced and used in this document, I think 
it should be a Normative reference instead.

Also, in general the Abstract should not contain references (unless they 
are completely defined within the Abstract; see [1] for details), so I 
would suggest replacing the Bundle draft reference in the Abstract with 
some more general text about the Bundling feature.

Finally, I noticed that the latest version has many of the MUSTs and 
MAYs changed to (non-RFC2119) lower case versions. What was the reason 
for this? For some I see why, e.g., in "This may or may not work [...]", 
but for some, e.g. "multiplexing must not be performed even in this 
alternate scenario" RFC2119 language seems more appropriate.

Cheers,
Ari

[1] http://www.ietf.org/ietf-ftp/1id-guidelines.txt

---

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 19:05:10 -0800

Thanks Ari for the review. Regarding the abstract, please let me know if
the below introductory paragraph captures what is needed.

"The Session Description Protocol (SDP) provides mechanisms to
       describe attributes of multimedia sessions and of individual media
       streams (e.g., Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) sessions) within a
       multimedia session. Typically media associated with individual
       media descriptions ("m=" lines) represent separate RTP Sessions
       and thus carried over individual underlying transport layer flows.
       For scenarios
       where SDP is used to negotiate the usage of single 5-tuple for
       sending and receiving media associated with multiple media
descriptions, it is required to understand the semantic implications of the
 attributes associated with the RTP Media Streams multiplexed over a
       single underlying transport layer flow"

Thanks
Suhas

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 5:25 AM, Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> considering how Bundle is referenced and used in this document, I think it
> should be a Normative reference instead.
>
> Finally, I noticed that the latest version has many of the MUSTs and MAYs
> changed to (non-RFC2119) lower case versions. What was the reason for this?
> For some I see why, e.g., in "This may or may not work [...]", but for
> some, e.g. "multiplexing must not be performed even in this alternate
> scenario" RFC2119 language seems more appropriate.
>
>
> Cheers,
> Ari
>

---

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:24:12 +0200

Hi Suhas,

That's better, thanks!

There might be a word missing though. I'd suggest, e.g.:
s/and thus carried/and are thus carried/

Cheers,
Ari

On 16/01/15 05:05, Suhas Nandakumar wrote:
> descriptions, it is required to understand the semantic implications of
> the  attributes associated with the RTP Media Streams multiplexed over a
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 5:25 AM, Ari Keränen <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Suhas,
>
>     considering how Bundle is referenced and used in this document, I
>     think it should be a Normative reference instead.
>
>     Also, in general the Abstract should not contain references (unless
>     they are completely defined within the Abstract; see [1] for
>     details), so I would suggest replacing the Bundle draft reference in
>     the Abstract with some more general text about the Bundling feature.
>
>     MAYs changed to (non-RFC2119) lower case versions. What was the
>     reason for this? For some I see why, e.g., in "This may or may not
>     work [...]", but for some, e.g. "multiplexing must not be performed
>     even in this alternate scenario" RFC2119 language seems more
>     appropriate.
>
>
>     Cheers,
>     Ari
>
>     [1] http://www.ietf.org/ietf-ftp/__1id-guidelines.txt
>     <http://www.ietf.org/ietf-ftp/1id-guidelines.txt>
>
>

---

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 14:13:08 -0800

Thanks Ari .. I will go ahead and submit a new version with the fix

Also I am seeing a problem with the hyperlink to BUNDLE draft
  - The link leads to a wrong place when tried in this html link:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-07
  - but leads to the right place when tried with this HTML link :
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-07.html

Any ideas why this could be happening

Cheers
Suhas

---

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:06:00 +0200

> Any ideas why this could be happening

What do you mean by wrong place? Both of those links seemed to work for 
me (they are different presentations of the draft, but still the same 
version). Although, sometimes it takes a while for the system to update 
all HTML versions, so that could have been the problem too, if it works now.

Cheers,
Ari