Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP Extensions MUST specify their Multiplexing Behavior from now on

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:29:54 -0500

Greetings

This note is to draw people's attention to the decision we made at IETF 
91 around how to deal with multiplexing behavior in SDP extensions going 
forward (see 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/minutes/minutes-91-mmusic#h.pv0omanks9xq).

To recap, we agreed that
1) RFC4566bis will add procedures and requirements around new SDP 
extensions needing to specify multiplexing behavior.

2) Given that 4566bis is still being worked on and we need to freeze the 
mux draft 
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-07) at 
this point, any SDP related draft seeking publication from here on and 
not already covered by the mux-attribute draft will have to specify its 
mux behavior in accordance with the mux-attributes draft.

3) Once RFC4566bis gets published, mux-behavior specification procedures 
and requirements will follow that document.

Thanks

-- Ari & Flemming (MMUSIC co-chairs)