Subject: [MMUSIC] Information on timer accuracy in browsers

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:39:37 +0200

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Javascript-setInterval-accuracy-per-browser-133594

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:49:40 +0200

On 07/24/2015 09:39 AM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
This shows (I think) averages. Is there a distribution?

(I'd be less worried about a predictable 15-20 ms late than about an
average of 5 ms with occasional spikes to 2000 ms. The single-threaded
JS model means that it is not advisable to run this in a page, in case
another function on the page runs a heavy algorithm like face
recognition - one would probably want to instantiate a Web worker for
isolation, bringing up another host of W3C issues....)

-- 
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.