Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 14:34:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) usage for Trickle ICE
        Authors         : Emil Ivov
                          Thomas Stach
                          Enrico Marocco
                          Christer Holmberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-02.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   The Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) protocol describes a
   Network Address Translator (NAT) traversal mechanism for UDP-based
   multimedia sessions established with the Offer/Answer model.  The ICE
   extension for Incremental Provisioning of Candidates (Trickle ICE)
   defines a mechanism that allows ICE agents to shorten session
   establishment delays by making the candidate gathering and
   connectivity checking phases of ICE non-blocking and by executing
   them in parallel.

   This document defines usage semantics for Trickle ICE with the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Thomas Stach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 18:40:28 +0200

All,

this update should reflect the IETF90 discussion and includes the 
following changes:

-  IANA Consideration and Security Consideration added
-  Added remaining Info Package definition sections as outlined in 
section 10 of [RFC6086]
-  3PCC Consideration added
-  rules for including "a=rtcp-mux" and "a=group: BUNDLE" attributes
-  Clarified that 18x w/o answer is sufficient to create a dialog that 
allows for trickling to start
-  Added definition of application/sdpfrag making 
draft-ivov-mmusic-sdpfrag obsolete
    This includes also a 4566bis-based ABNF,  which makes all SDP fields 
optional,
    but preserves the SDP-inherent order, i.e. based on the principle: 
"Take a valid SDP and strip off the unnecessary parts"
    From there a specific sdpfrag usage needs to impose further 
restrictions.
-  Based on that another, more restricted ABNF was defined for the 
Trickle-ICE package
    It uses 'pseudo' m-lines as separator in sdpfrag bodies for Trickle 
ICE and restricts the valid elements to
    ICE-related attributes, "a=mid", "a=rtcp-mux", "a=group: BUNDLE" and 
a placeholder for future extension in form of attributes.
    I'd like to get feedback if the WG is OK with that approach.

Further feedback would be welcome on a few loose ends.
- Section 5.3 mentions a CUSAX-based approach for discovery of support 
for Trickle-ICE.
   This could either use a few more details on how it works or we 
declare such details as out of scope.
   In the interest of getting the draft done, I'd prefer the latter. 
Other prefs?
- Section 6 and 7 might also fit well in draft-trickle-ice. Thoughts?
- Section 9.8 limits the the rate of INFO requests.
   What maximum rate will give a good trade-off? One INFO every 100ms, 
200ms?

Regards
Thomas

Am 06.07.2015 um 23:34 schrieb [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic