Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 14:59:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Framework for SDP Attributes when Multiplexing
        Author          : Suhas Nandakumar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-09.txt
	Pages           : 93
	Date            : 2015-07-05

Abstract:
   The Session Description Protocol (SDP) provides mechanisms to
   describe attributes of multimedia sessions and of individual media
   streams (e.g., Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) sessions) within a
   multimedia session.  Typically media associated with individual media
   descriptions ("m=" lines) represent RTP sessions and are thus carried
   over individual underlying transport layer flows.  For scenarios
   where SDP is used to negotiate the usage of single 5-tuple for
   sending and receiving media associated with multiple media
   descriptions, it is required to understand the semantic implications
   of the SDP attributes associated with the RTP Media Streams
   multiplexed over a single underlying transport layer flow.

   The purpose of this specification is to provide a framework for
   analyzing the multiplexing characteristics of SDP attributes.  This
   specification also categorizes the existing SDP attributes based on
   the framework described herein.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 15:15:31 -0700

Hello All

   This version (-09) of the draft incorporates post-last comments from
Flemming and Ari.

Below is the high-level summary

- Major Change
    For the attribute-protocol combinations for which we don't have
publicly available specification, the category of TBD has been assigned and
a note to the extent has been added. This is based on section 9.1  changes
in the latest BUNDLE spec.
RFC6714, RFC4975, RFC7195, RFC5547, ITU T.38 categories are updated as such.

- RFC5432 (QOS Mechanism in SDP) - changed category to TRANSPORT
- RFC6189 (ZRTP) - changed category to TRANSPORT

- Formatting nits and cleanups

Look forward for your feedback.

Cheers
Suhas

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 2:59 PM
Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-09.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic