Subject: [MMUSIC] Genration of initial offer in trickle-ice-sip

From: Roman Shpount <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:46:16 -0400

Thomas,

The initial offer generation should include guidance regarding a=rtcp
attribute. I would suggest saying that a=rtcp attribute MUST not be
included in the initial offer.

Regards,

_____________
Roman Shpount

---

From: Thomas Stach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 11:34:57 +0200

Roman,

can you point out the reason, why you want that?

Regards

Thomas

---

From: Roman Shpount <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:36:20 -0400

Thomas,

Draft ice-sip-sdp indicates that for the default destination/port for RTCP
component, the address and port are indicted using the "a=rtcp" attribute
defined in [RFC3605], if present; otherwise, the RTCP component address is
same as the address of the RTP component, and its port is one greater than
the port of the RTP component. In case of trickle ICE, default RTCP
destination does not fall into any of those categories, since it is
disabled. Furthermore, draft ice-sip-sdp specifies that mismatch should
occur if default RTCP component does not match any of the provided
candidates. You have provided guidance for not initiating ice-mismatch for
RTP component, but not for the RTCP one. The simplest solution would be to
specify that a=rtcp attribute should not be present in the offer (it
carries no useful information) and should not cause ice-mismatch.

Regards,

_____________
Roman Shpount

---

From: Thomas Stach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 23:51:45 +0200

Roman,

thanks!

Your explanation makes sense to me. I'll add corresponding text.

Thomas

On 2017-10-12 20:36, Roman Shpount wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Draft ice-sip-sdp indicates that for the default destination/port for 
> RTCP component, the address and port are indicted using the "a=rtcp" 
> attribute defined in [RFC3605], if present; otherwise, the RTCP 
> component address is same as the address of the RTP component, and its 
> port is one greater than the port of the RTP component. In case of 
> trickle ICE, default RTCP destination does not fall into any of those 
> categories, since it is disabled. Furthermore, draft 
> ice-sip-sdp specifies that mismatch should occur if default RTCP 
> component does not match any of the provided candidates. You have 
> provided guidance for not initiating ice-mismatch for RTP component, 
> but not for the RTCP one. The simplest solution would be to specify 
> that a=rtcp attribute should not be present in the offer (it carries 
> no useful information) and should not cause ice-mismatch.
>
> Regards,
>
> _____________
> Roman Shpount
>
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:34 AM, Thomas Stach <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     Roman,
>
>>     The initial offer generation should include guidance regarding
>>     a=rtcp attribute. I would suggest saying that a=rtcp attribute
>>     MUST not be included in the initial offer.
>>
>>     Regards,
>>
>>     _____________
>>     Roman Shpount
>
>

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 08:50:57 -0400

Hi Roman

Can I take your comments to indicate that you have reviewed the 
trickle-ice-sip draft, and, with the subsequent draft updates from 
Thomas, you believe the draft is ready to progress at this point ?

Thanks

-- Flemming

On 10/12/17 2:36 PM, Roman Shpount wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic