Subject: [MMUSIC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-uks-05.txt> (Unknown Key Share Attacks on uses of TLS with the Session Description Protocol (SDP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 15:56:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'Unknown Key Share
Attacks on uses of TLS with the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP)'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-uks-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-06-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes unknown key-share attacks on the use of
   Datagram Transport Layer Security for the Secure Real-Time Transport
   Protocol (DTLS-SRTP).  Similar attacks are described on the use of
   DTLS-SRTP with the identity bindings used in Web Real-Time
   Communications (WebRTC) and SIP identity.  These attacks are
   difficult to mount, but they cause a victim to be mislead about the
   identity of a communicating peer.  Simple mitigation techniques are
   defined for each.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-uks/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-uks/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.