Subject: [MMUSIC] UPDATED: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-36.txt

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 14:27:06 -0400

Here is updated version of RFC4566bis. The -36 version addresses IESG 
comments.

For just these most recent changes, since -35:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-36

For all changes since RFC4566:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-36;url1=rfc4566

Of particular note:

The description of a=type said that the values it mentions are 
"suggested", implying that others may be possible without defining any 
way to define semantics for them. This wasn't written in a normative way.

I've reworded the section (6.9) so the listed values are exhaustive. But 
I didn't include any mechanism for backward compatible extensions. I'm 
now thinking we should at least provide a hook for other values and a 
statement that unknown values are to be ignored.

That section also said that a=type:broadcast changes the *default* media 
direction to "recvonly" rather than "sendrecv". Again this used 
non-normative language. And "recvonly" in the SDP wouldn't be the right 
thing in an offer/answer context.

I reworded this to say that various values of a=type ought to be 
accompanied by some other option settings without saying that those 
somehow become default.

I'd especially like to have feedback on the revisions to this section.

The other changes are rather extensive. So I would very much like 
careful review of these changes.

	Thanks,
	Paul

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-36.txt
Resent-From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 10:14:30 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], Mark Handley <[email-masked]>, Ali 
Begen <[email-masked]>, Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>, 
Mark Handley <[email-masked]>, Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-36.txt
has been successfully submitted by Paul Kyzivat and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis
Revision:	36
Title:		SDP: Session Description Protocol
Document date:	2019-06-18
Group:		mmusic
Pages:		62
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-36.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-36
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-36

Abstract:
    This memo defines the Session Description Protocol (SDP).  SDP is
    intended for describing multimedia sessions for the purposes of
    session announcement, session invitation, and other forms of
    multimedia session initiation.  This document obsoletes RFC 4566.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat